Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Santi » Wed May 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's impossible to know what the long term side effects may be, the vaccine has existed for less than a year and I don't need it anyway.

Enough people are getting it that herd immunity should be achievable.

Agree with this but it would also make me much more comfortable going out tbh. I'm concerned about a vaccine that's been rushed through so fast and one in which we won't know the side effects until it's far too late (I wouldn't be surprised if some got covered up for years anyway).

But I do also acknowledge that it's probably less risky than contracting the virus and therefore a little bit torn. If too many people have the attitude in your final sentence, then by nature it won't actually be true.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Jedi wrote:So you're confident that Covid won't harm you but you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine? How does that work?

I'm not afraid of either tbh, it's more the principle like I said. I don't want it.

But what if in the future the vaccine is found to trigger autoimmune responses?

Rather deal with any prolonged covid issues than that.

I'm also very confident I won't ever contract covid with the amount of people who are vaccinated nowadays which makes it even more unnecessary for me to get the vaccine.
Last edited by Va-Va-Voom on Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Wed May 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Jedi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
We can't know what the long term side effects are and it's unnecessary for me personally.

On principle I don't want to put anything in my body that isn't completely necessary.

There's plenty in your body that's completely unnecessary including bacteria or other harmless viruses. You can't really protect yourself from microscopic lifeforms. And we really have no clue what most of them do. What we do know is that the vaccine gets your body to produce the spike protein of the virus which is completely harmless, and it gives you immunity vs the thing that can actually harm you.

Also, it's not unnecessary for you. If you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine wait until you hear about Long COVID and the staggering amount of young people which report a wide variety of symptoms even months after getting the virus. Chronic fatigue syndrome, permanent lung damage, heart palpations, loss of appetite, depression, anxiety, insomnia...etc... I could go all day...

With the vaccine we've followed people for over a year now and there's no reports of any of the study participants mentioning any long term side effects.

So the cost-benefit analysis is unbelievably simple: Take the risk of willingly taking the thing the thing our scientist are confident is harmless vs risk catching COVID which we know has a decent of ruining your life.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Not worried about that. At all.

Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.

So you're confident that Covid won't harm you but you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine? How does that work?

Can't disagree with this and probably why I'm leaning towards getting the vaccine. I'm at the point where I'd rather feel more secure now and take the low risk of long term effects from the vaccine compared to more guaranteed effects of covid.

I think it is a little naive to hope to go back to a normal life, unvaccinated and not expect to catch the virus. Then on top of that to expect to have no lasting damage or symptoms from it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed May 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Jedi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
We can't know what the long term side effects are and it's unnecessary for me personally.

On principle I don't want to put anything in my body that isn't completely necessary.

There's plenty in your body that's completely unnecessary including bacteria or other harmless viruses. You can't really protect yourself from microscopic lifeforms. And we really have no clue what most of them do. What we do know is that the vaccine gets your body to produce the spike protein of the virus which is completely harmless, and it gives you immunity vs the thing that can actually harm you.

Also, it's not unnecessary for you. If you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine wait until you hear about Long COVID and the staggering amount of young people which report a wide variety of symptoms even months after getting the virus. Chronic fatigue syndrome, permanent lung damage, heart palpations, loss of appetite, depression, anxiety, insomnia...etc... I could go all day...

With the vaccine we've followed people for over a year now and there's no reports of any of the study participants mentioning any long term side effects.

So the cost-benefit analysis is unbelievably simple: Take the risk of willingly taking the thing the thing our scientist are confident is harmless vs risk catching COVID which we know has a decent of ruining your life.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Not worried about that. At all.

Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.

So you're confident that Covid won't harm you but you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine? How does that work?

Why are you leaning on him so hard to get the vaccine? Lol. Everybody should have a right to choose what they do with their own body or does that only apply to women and abortion? :lol: Damn.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Wed May 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Why are you leaning on him so hard to get the vaccine? Lol. Everybody should have a right to choose what they do with their own body or does that only apply to women and abortion? :lol: Damn.

How am i impeding on his rights by disagreeing with him and arguing against his point of view? Did i say he should be legally forced to take the vaccine? What kind of snowflake bs is this?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Wed May 26, 2021 10:59 pm

Got someone at work who doesn't want to get vaccinated.

Up to him but he's been alienated as no one wants to be near him if they can help it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Thu May 27, 2021 1:14 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.

You just can't know this though, you can't. This is a disease that kills the elderly more than the young but many young, healthy people have died from COVID, and many more have experienced long term health effects from the disease.

It's your body and your choice but believing that you 100% won't even have symptoms if you get it is not sound logic.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu May 27, 2021 1:29 am

Callum wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.

You just can't know this though, you can't. This is a disease that kills the elderly more than the young but many young, healthy people have died from COVID, and many more have experienced long term health effects from the disease.

It's your body and your choice but believing that you 100% won't even have symptoms if you get it is not sound logic.

The vast majority come through unscathed though.

Based on my lifestyle and health I'm very confident I would be largely unaffected if not completely.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Thu May 27, 2021 5:30 am

Jedi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

How am i impeding on his rights by disagreeing with him and arguing against his point of view? Did i say he should be legally forced to take the vaccine? What kind of snowflake bs is this?

I didn’t say anything about being legally forced either. The snowflake part is that I'd highly doubt you'd challenge so hard if this were a topic about abortion or even cosmetic surgery. Be honest. I believe in social distancing, wearing a mask, taking precautions but there shouldn't be this much pressure being put on to people to take a vaccine they're unsure about.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri May 28, 2021 8:07 am

Ach wrote:Got someone at work who doesn't want to get vaccinated.

Up to him but he's been alienated as no one wants to be near him if they can help it

Social apartheid and segregation being brought in by stealth it seems
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:57 pm

I have to say, I am getting utterly pissed off with the moving of the goal posts, just because a variant is causing more infections, ( but not deaths)

The vaccine will be our route out of the pandemic, they said! Well I’ve had two of em and I want my fecking life back! :BangHead:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Rockape wrote:I have to say, I am getting utterly pissed off with the moving of the goal posts, just because a variant is causing more infections, ( but not deaths)

The vaccine will be our route out of the pandemic, they said! Well I’ve had two of em and I want my fecking life back! :BangHead:

Was just thinking the same thing.

I didn't take the vaccine and I'm glad looking at it because it seems new variants are going to make it pointless.

How many times are we going to have stuff pumped into our bodies to catch up with "new variants"?

The medical industry is making billions off this.

............ on a side note, when I was in A&E about 4 weeks back, literally half the people in there were there because of taking the vaccine, I sht you not, one guy in his 40's / 50's was bought in, in a wheel chair and the nurse said he was sent home from work because he suddenly came over all funny and now he has memory blank spots and can't talk properly.
The other was an old lady in the bed next to me and she was found by some builders who peered through her window when they heard a thump and she was found collapsed on the floor, I heard the nurses whispering "She's taken that astrazeneca recently".
Finally some lodger of my mate had a very serious bike crash and was operated on, the Dr said even though he was mangled from the accident, it saved his life because they found a blood clot which they think was because he took the vaccine the other day.

Fk that for a laugh, not joking all of the above is true.

.......... and now I've just seen this.

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-06-13/

Not going to help that poor old lady if she had died though that day is it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Like I said, they're going to be releasing new vaccines like iOS updates.

Covid-19 variant 2.67
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Just had my second vaccine today before the England game.

Unfortunately this obsessive need for twats to go to pubs is causing another wave. Lockdown imminent. June 21 cancelled
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:14 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Like I said, they're going to be releasing new vaccines like iOS updates.

Covid-19 variant 2.67

While in the meantime eroding our human rights and bringing in a Communist style Gov't rule by stealth.

Tracking, social rules, curfews, lockdowns, travel bans, banning on seeing friends or family.

Its like something out of a Horror Sci-fi movie and too many people give these cretins credit by saying "They're doing what's best for us", over night they've turned us into Maoist China while originally telling us "it'll only be for 2 months".

Lets not forget who the fkin idiots were who made this virus in the first place, now we're going to let them order us about and take years away of our freedom because ......... they're the responsible ones right?

The irony of it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee