Oddly enough

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Oddly enough

Postby LMAO » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:35 am

You can't convince me the art market isn't a front for money laundering.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Zenith wrote:The Guardian
One banana, what could it cost? $120,000 – if it's art

Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan’s work, Comedian, a piece of fruit duct-taped to a wall, has been snapped up at Art Basel in Miami

Sometimes a banana is just a banana. And sometimes, like the one duct-taped to a wall that sold for $120,000 this week, it’s an expensive piece of art.

The questionably genius work by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan was being shown by the international gallery Perrotin at Art Basel in Miami when it was sold. One in a series of three, a second version of the piece has also been sold for a similar price, Perrotin told the Guardian.

Titled Comedian, it calls to mind the old Lucile Bluth Arrested Development gag about rich people not knowing the price of a banana. Cattelan has said he purchased the fruit at a local market, probably for around $0.30.

Gallery founder Emmanuel Perrotin told CNN that bananas are “a symbol of global trade, a double entendre, as well as a classic device for humor”.
Read more

Cattelan is well known for his mirthful, often comically ironic work, including most infamously of late a fully functional 18-karat gold toilet titled America, which visitors to the Guggenheim were encouraged to use. (The toilet was recently stolen from an exhibition in England.) In a 1999 piece, Cattelan duct-taped famed Italian gallerist Massimo De Carlo to the walls of his own gallery.

A spokesperson for the gallery explained the context of the piece being shown among the most prestigious works at Art Basel – the first time Cattelan has shown at an art fair like it in 15 years – added to the meaning of the work, creating commentary about how we value objects.

“Maurizio’s work is not just about objects, but about how objects move through the world,” Emmanuel Perrotin added. “Whether affixed to the wall of an art fair booth or displayed on the cover of the New York Post, Maurizio forces us to question how value is placed on material goods. The spectacle, which has been orchestrated so beautifully, is as much a part of the work as the banana.”

A fool and his money are easily parted.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Speaking of legalizing. It's now legal medically here in Missouri, and I got approved for my medical card and cultivation. Anyone ever grow their own weed before? I'm going to need some tips I'm sure.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Lol @ weed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Thousands of creatures resembling penises have washed up on a beach in California.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50779461
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:58 pm

If your dick looks like that, then you need to see a doctor immediately.

They look a lot more like sweet potatoes tbh
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Mum spends £8,000 on addiction that sees her eat tub of Johnson's baby powder a day.

Lisa Anderson, 44, started eating the product 15 years ago when she felt the urge while drying off her son after a bath.

"I can get through a 200g bottle in a day but the bigger ones I get through about one-and-a-half a week.

"I remember getting really drawn to its smell. Now I can't do without it. I go up and get some every half an hour."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... s-21225769
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:07 pm

Man killed by debris from explosion two miles away.

How's your luck?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51113132
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:27 pm

StLGooner wrote:Speaking of legalizing. It's now legal medically here in Missouri, and I got approved for my medical card and cultivation. Anyone ever grow their own weed before? I'm going to need some tips I'm sure.

Yes, I do. We built a small shed on our deck which is warm enough and has light control. Don't grow it outside because of all the pollen drifting around causing it to seed.

I got my card about four years ago use it for sleep and pain at night.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:55 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Speaking of legalizing. It's now legal medically here in Missouri, and I got approved for my medical card and cultivation. Anyone ever grow their own weed before? I'm going to need some tips I'm sure.

Yes, I do. We built a small shed on our deck which is warm enough and has light control. Don't grow it outside because of all the pollen drifting around causing it to seed.

Awesome!

I'm having fun learning, have about 11 plants going right now. 6 in seed and 5 in veg. Really enjoying it. Patience seems to be key.

Do you grow specific strains that you prefer? And which ones?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Do you smoke it on its own or with tobacco?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 pm

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:32 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Awesome!

I'm having fun learning, have about 11 plants going right now. 6 in seed and 5 in veg. Really enjoying it. Patience seems to be key.

Do you grow specific strains that you prefer? And which ones?

I have grown a variety of Indica heavy strains but settled on Critical Kush. I harvest the whole plant and use dry ice to release the trichomes and then sift it to harvest the 'kief'. Smoking the kief is far less stressful on my lungs than the vegetative material. I tried edibles but it is too hard to control the dosage and too much REALLY sucks.

I'd say the most important thing is to really watch for molds and bugs and zap them before they take over the plant and obviously light control. I bought a book when I started that explains everything from A-Z. I also watched a few Youtubes, real life 24-7 stoners are pretty funny to watch.

Yes it is a fun thing to baby them along, checking under the microscope to know when to harvest etc. I live in MT now and we are allowed three plants which is plenty for me.

Way better than the narcotics/opioids the VA and other docs keep trying to shove down my throat. I had a great doctor at Mayo a few years ago who suggested I try it. Once we got it legalized for medical use I signed up. I said four years, but actually I realized that it has been six now. The wife hates the odor so I have a designated area in the garage set aside and am required by the boss to shower before bed.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee