Oddly enough

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Oddly enough

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Speaking of legalizing. It's now legal medically here in Missouri, and I got approved for my medical card and cultivation. Anyone ever grow their own weed before? I'm going to need some tips I'm sure.

Yes, I do. We built a small shed on our deck which is warm enough and has light control. Don't grow it outside because of all the pollen drifting around causing it to seed.

I got my card about four years ago use it for sleep and pain at night.

Do you smoke it on its own or with tobacco?

I just smoke the trichomes. technically powdered hash I guess.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 am

StLGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Speaking of legalizing. It's now legal medically here in Missouri, and I got approved for my medical card and cultivation. Anyone ever grow their own weed before? I'm going to need some tips I'm sure.

Yes, I do. We built a small shed on our deck which is warm enough and has light control. Don't grow it outside because of all the pollen drifting around causing it to seed.

Awesome!

I'm having fun learning, have about 11 plants going right now. 6 in seed and 5 in veg. Really enjoying it. Patience seems to be key.

Do you grow specific strains that you prefer? And which ones?

I have grown a variety of Indica heavy strains but settled on Critical Kush. I harvest the whole plant and use dry ice to release the trichomes and then sift it to harvest the 'kief'. Smoking the kief is far less stressful on my lungs than the vegetative material. I tried edibles but it is too hard to control the dosage and too much REALLY sucks.

I'd say the most important thing is to really watch for molds and bugs and zap them before they take over the plant and obviously light control. I bought a book when I started that explains everything from A-Z. I also watched a few Youtubes, real life 24-7 stoners are pretty funny to watch.

Yes it is a fun thing to baby them along, checking under the microscope to know when to harvest etc. I live in MT now and we are allowed three plants which is plenty for me.

Way better than the narcotics/opioids the VA and other docs keep trying to shove down my throat. I had a great doctor at Mayo a few years ago who suggested I try it. Once we got it legalized for medical use I signed up. I said four years, but actually I realized that it has been six now. The wife hates the odor so I have a designated area in the garage set aside and am required by the boss to shower before bed.

Yeah you can really smell it on someone who's just smoked it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Awesome!

I'm having fun learning, have about 11 plants going right now. 6 in seed and 5 in veg. Really enjoying it. Patience seems to be key.

Do you grow specific strains that you prefer? And which ones?

I have grown a variety of Indica heavy strains but settled on Critical Kush. I harvest the whole plant and use dry ice to release the trichomes and then sift it to harvest the 'kief'. Smoking the kief is far less stressful on my lungs than the vegetative material. I tried edibles but it is too hard to control the dosage and too much REALLY sucks.

I'd say the most important thing is to really watch for molds and bugs and zap them before they take over the plant and obviously light control. I bought a book when I started that explains everything from A-Z. I also watched a few Youtubes, real life 24-7 stoners are pretty funny to watch.

Yes it is a fun thing to baby them along, checking under the microscope to know when to harvest etc. I live in MT now and we are allowed three plants which is plenty for me.

Way better than the narcotics/opioids the VA and other docs keep trying to shove down my throat. I had a great doctor at Mayo a few years ago who suggested I try it. Once we got it legalized for medical use I signed up. I said four years, but actually I realized that it has been six now. The wife hates the odor so I have a designated area in the garage set aside and am required by the boss to shower before bed.

Cheers! Thanks for the tips.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:22 am

Woman dies during participation in eating event in Australia: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51259819

bruh moment
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:40 am

LMAO wrote:Woman dies during participation in eating event in Australia: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51259819

bruh moment

They do look nice though.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:Woman dies during participation in eating event in Australia: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51259819

bruh moment

They do look nice though.

Tagline for next year's event: Our cakes are to die for; they'll take your breath away.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:27 am

Our girl has been learning to drive for about six months
1st day my mrs took her for a drive, they took off I was working on one of my bikes in the garage about 2minutes later my daughter is asking me to come and help them, she had literally driven into the ditch at the end of the gate,she hadn't even really left the driveway.
A great deal of lessons later a near miss going up a curb and my hand breaking before we hit a shop window.another couple of heart stopping moments also.
Come the day of the driving test yesterday,we left early so she could have a drive around to settle nerves, well f**k me she drove through two give ways failing to stop one of which only avoided an accident through the other drivers reactions, she is in tears I stop her tell her to gather herself advise her it's not a race and you can never be to cautious so take your time.
We get to the test and she passes.
I say well done kiddo big hugs, I notice she is almost angle parked inside the parking space she says I passed even with my shit parking.
We then go to pull out of the park she hits the gas instead of the break and near hits the van next door, we finally get out of the park on the way home I say to her let me know when your going out driving I will stay home lol.
f**k I was a nervous wreck afterwards lol another parenting chaw ticked just have a son to get through he is starting his road code now jesus wept
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:42 am

VCC wrote:Our girl has been learning to drive for about six months
1st day my mrs took her for a drive, they took off I was working on one of my bikes in the garage about 2minutes later my daughter is asking me to come and help them, she had literally driven into the ditch at the end of the gate,she hadn't even really left the driveway.
A great deal of lessons later a near miss going up a curb and my hand breaking before we hit a shop window.another couple of heart stopping moments also.
Come the day of the driving test yesterday,we left early so she could have a drive around to settle nerves, well f**k me she drove through two give ways failing to stop one of which only avoided an accident through the other drivers reactions, she is in tears I stop her tell her to gather herself advise her it's not a race and you can never be to cautious so take your time.
I say well done kiddo big hugs, I notice she is almost angle parked inside the parking space she says I passed even with my shit parking.
We then go to pull out of the park she hits the gas instead of the break and near hits the van next door, we finally get out of the park on the way home I say to her let me know when your going out driving I will stay home lol.
f**k I was a nervous wreck afterwards lol another parenting chaw ticked just have a son to get through he is starting his road code now jesus wept

Ha ha.

Let's hope she gets better with experience!

My mate failed his driving test for tooting the horn at a girl he knew and shouting something lewd out the window at her.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:51 am

Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:Our girl has been learning to drive for about six months

Ha ha.

Let's hope she gets better with experience!

My mate failed his driving test for tooting the horn at a girl he knew and shouting something lewd out the window at her.

Phil she will need to lol
Yea after my experience and explaining the events to my mrs, we were thinking there must be some bloody funny stories out there learning and taking driving tests,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Car spotted with greenhouse on its roof

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... in-heywood
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:46 am

Samuel Bartram (22 January 1914 – 17 July 1981) was an English professional footballer and manager.
Bartram was involved in a well reported incident when thick fog closed in on a game he was playing against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

"Soon after the kick-off," he wrote in his autobiography, "[fog] began to thicken rapidly at the far end, travelling past Vic Woodley in the Chelsea goal and rolling steadily towards me. The referee stopped the game, and then, as visibility became clearer, restarted it. We were on top at this time, and I saw fewer and fewer figures as we attacked steadily."

The game went unusually silent but Sam remained at his post, peering into the thickening fog from the edge of the penalty area. And he wondered why the play was not coming his way.

"After a long time," he wrote, 'a figure loomed out of the curtain of fog in front of me. It was a policeman, and he gaped at me incredulously. "What on earth are you doing here?" he gasped. "The game was stopped a quarter of an hour ago. The field's completely empty".'
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:03 am

Zenith wrote:

Samuel Bartram (22 January 1914 – 17 July 1981) was an English professional footballer and manager.
Bartram was involved in a well reported incident when thick fog closed in on a game he was playing against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

"Soon after the kick-off," he wrote in his autobiography, "[fog] began to thicken rapidly at the far end, travelling past Vic Woodley in the Chelsea goal and rolling steadily towards me. The referee stopped the game, and then, as visibility became clearer, restarted it. We were on top at this time, and I saw fewer and fewer figures as we attacked steadily."

The game went unusually silent but Sam remained at his post, peering into the thickening fog from the edge of the penalty area. And he wondered why the play was not coming his way.

"After a long time," he wrote, 'a figure loomed out of the curtain of fog in front of me. It was a policeman, and he gaped at me incredulously. "What on earth are you doing here?" he gasped. "The game was stopped a quarter of an hour ago. The field's completely empty".'

:lol:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Any relation to Vince?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard