Oddly enough

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Oddly enough

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:12 pm

White Woman Who Claims She's 'Turned Black' Due To Injections Wants To Move To Africa...

http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-white ... a-20190203
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm

Big was hit with a massive backlash earlier this year when she appeared on This Morning and told hosts Holly Willoughby and John Barrowman that she had managed to 'change race' thanks to the injections and that she expected her future children to be black or mixed race, despite her and her husband being born white.

:doh:

As long as she's happy, I guess.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm

She's obviously completely mad.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:37 am

Phil71 wrote:White Woman Who Claims She's 'Turned Black' Due To Injections Wants To Move To Africa...

smh. When keeping it blackface goes wrong.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:43 am

This guy reckons he's the secret love child of Charles & Camilla.

Apparently his grandmother used to work for the Royals, and was given him to raise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... -diana/amp
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Buy a fully grown male lion, put it in a cage in your back yard, go into cage...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47454610
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:23 pm

A worker in Australia who claims his ex-supervisor repeatedly broke wind at him has appealed against a court ruling that found he was not bullied.

David Hingst said his former colleague Greg Short would "lift his bum and fart" on him up to six times a day.

"I would be sitting with my face to the wall and he would come into the room, which was small and had no windows,...He would fart behind me and walk away. He would do this five or six times a day."

At the original hearing last year, Mr Short said he didn't particularly recall breaking wind near Mr Hingst but "may have done it once or twice, maybe".

However, he denied he was doing it "with the intention of distressing or harassing" Mr Hingst.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47702527
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:29 pm

That seems like a matter that can be handled outside of work without the courts. :violent:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:37 pm

A fraudster posing as Hollywood actor Jason Statham cheated a British woman out of hundreds of thousands using an online scam...

The woman, who asked not to be named, said she was targeted at a vulnerable time following the deaths of both her mother and fiancé.

"I'm quite a strong person but obviously certain things get to you and you let your guard down," she said.

The woman said she was first contacted online by someone posing as Mr Statham while she was on a Facebook page dedicated to the Fast and Furious star.

"I thought 'Oh, that's nice of him, talking to his fans'. I might have been star-struck then, I don't know," she said.

The fraudster then encouraged her to use the encrypted WhatsApp service, sending her hundreds of messages over several months.

The woman...said she was now "less trusting of people" as a result of her ordeal...

GMP was unable to prosecute anyone over the fraud, with the person responsible believed to be operating from overseas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-47969165
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 pm

And another one!

A woman who suspected her mother was being scammed online later sent the fraudster £40,000, ending up heavily in debt.

She said her "lonely" mother had started an online relationship with the man, who said he was French and called Jean Marc.

But when he told her he needed help after being robbed on a business trip to Ivory Coast, the daughter became suspicious.

"I said to my mum 'don't you dare send him any money'. I said 'he's a scammer',"

Wise words my dear.

Oh no... hang on!

But her opinion changed after she spoke to the man herself.

"His voice was so lovely, so soft. He started with his stories and my heart just melted," she said.

Oh dear...

She asked questions about his circumstances but Jean Marc had answers for all of them. He even sent her a photo, that looks edited, showing him in a hospital bed.

"I sent him the first money. I didn't even tell my mum, I did it because I wanted her to be happy," she said.

She sent 800 Euros (about £712) last summer and went on to make 21 further payments, totalling £40,000 until she realised she had been scammed.

She is now heavily in debt after maxing out credit cards and selling her mother's jewellery and has little hope of seeing her money again.

Terrible... but it gets worse...

But she said the hardest part was telling her husband what had happened.

"I just couldn't cope - it was killing that he didn't know. I thought that's going to be the end of our marriage," she said.

"When I told him he didn't even look at me. He only said I can't believe you were so stupid.

Indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48639372
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:White Woman Who Claims She's 'Turned Black' Due To Injections Wants To Move To Africa...

Well.....off you go then. :tumbleweed:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Phil71 wrote:And another one!

A woman who suspected her mother was being scammed online later sent the fraudster £40,000, ending up heavily in debt.

She said her "lonely" mother had started an online relationship with the man, who said he was French and called Jean Marc.

But when he told her he needed help after being robbed on a business trip to Ivory Coast, the daughter became suspicious.

"I said to my mum 'don't you dare send him any money'. I said 'he's a scammer',"

Wise words my dear.

Oh no... hang on!

But her opinion changed after she spoke to the man herself.

"His voice was so lovely, so soft. He started with his stories and my heart just melted," she said.

Oh dear...

She asked questions about his circumstances but Jean Marc had answers for all of them. He even sent her a photo, that looks edited, showing him in a hospital bed.

"I sent him the first money. I didn't even tell my mum, I did it because I wanted her to be happy," she said.

She sent 800 Euros (about £712) last summer and went on to make 21 further payments, totalling £40,000 until she realised she had been scammed.

She is now heavily in debt after maxing out credit cards and selling her mother's jewellery and has little hope of seeing her money again.

Terrible... but it gets worse...

But she said the hardest part was telling her husband what had happened.

"I just couldn't cope - it was killing that he didn't know. I thought that's going to be the end of our marriage," she said.

"When I told him he didn't even look at me. He only said I can't believe you were so stupid.

Indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48639372

Ffs
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 pm

The Guardian

Swedish man dismayed after being told he cannot change name to Tottenham

A 39-year-old Swedish man has expressed his disappointment after he was denied the right to change his name to Tottenham in wake of the club’s run to the Champions League final.

David Lind from Kumla was one of three winners in a competition open to people who were considering changing their names to their favourite English team. Lind immediately sent in his application to the relevant authority, Skatteverket, to have his name changed but a few weeks later he got a letter saying that it had been declined.

“This is very sad,” the 39-year-old told Nerikes Allehanda. “It looks as if you can be called pretty much everything in Sweden but not Tottenham. It is not any more natural to be called Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool or Guiseley.

“There are a lot of people with strange names in Sweden. There is even someone called Potato. Maybe someone at Skatteverket is an Arsenal fan?”

Lind had found out that there were people in Sweden bearing the names of those clubs, including Jacob Guiseley Åhman-Dahlin, who has fallen in love with the English National League North (sixth tier) club Guiseley AFC and decided to change his name to reflect that.

A spokesman for Skatteverket said he had simply fallen foul of new rules introduced in 2017 which contained much stricter guidelines of what people can be called. “If someone is called Arsenal in Sweden they probably got that through before 2017,” Hajrudin Alijagic at Skatteverket told Nerikes Allehanda. “In the law from 1982 you could be called pretty much anything and there are around 60 people in Sweden called ‘Bajen’ [the nickname for the Swedish club Hammarby].

“When we are faced with an application for a name we are not sure about we consult another institution and they ruled that Tottenham was not constructed in a way that was appropriate for a name in Sweden.”

Lind is considering appealing the decision.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 am

Zenith wrote:The Guardian

Swedish man dismayed after being told he cannot change name to Tottenham

A 39-year-old Swedish man has expressed his disappointment after he was denied the right to change his name to Tottenham in wake of the club’s run to the Champions League final.

David Lind from Kumla was one of three winners in a competition open to people who were considering changing their names to their favourite English team. Lind immediately sent in his application to the relevant authority, Skatteverket, to have his name changed but a few weeks later he got a letter saying that it had been declined.

“This is very sad,” the 39-year-old told Nerikes Allehanda. “It looks as if you can be called pretty much everything in Sweden but not Tottenham. It is not any more natural to be called Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool or Guiseley.

“There are a lot of people with strange names in Sweden. There is even someone called Potato. Maybe someone at Skatteverket is an Arsenal fan?”

Lind had found out that there were people in Sweden bearing the names of those clubs, including Jacob Guiseley Åhman-Dahlin, who has fallen in love with the English National League North (sixth tier) club Guiseley AFC and decided to change his name to reflect that.

A spokesman for Skatteverket said he had simply fallen foul of new rules introduced in 2017 which contained much stricter guidelines of what people can be called. “If someone is called Arsenal in Sweden they probably got that through before 2017,” Hajrudin Alijagic at Skatteverket told Nerikes Allehanda. “In the law from 1982 you could be called pretty much anything and there are around 60 people in Sweden called ‘Bajen’ [the nickname for the Swedish club Hammarby].

“When we are faced with an application for a name we are not sure about we consult another institution and they ruled that Tottenham was not constructed in a way that was appropriate for a name in Sweden.”

Lind is considering appealing the decision.
Surely he could just abbreviate it to 'sh!t'?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:57 am

I reckon those long, dark winters have sent him round the bend.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee