In Memoriam

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In Memoriam

Postby Zenith » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:27 am

^ Rest in peace.

Tony Sirico also passed away. Most famously known for his roles as Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri in HBO series The Sopranos and as Tony Stacks in Goodfellas.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:52 am

Zenith wrote:^ Rest in peace.

Tony Sirico also passed away. Most famously known for his roles as Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri in HBO series The Sopranos and as Tony Stacks in Goodfellas.

Yes I've just seen this

He was brilliant in the Sopranos
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:28 pm

arsenal.com
Rest in peace, Maria Petri

It was with great sadness that the club has heard of the passing of legendary supporter Maria Petri.

It’s very difficult to put into words what Maria meant to everyone involved at Arsenal Football Club: players, staff and fellow supporters. Rarely can it be said that ‘games just won’t be the same’ without a supporter, but Maria’s presence, her legendary ‘Come on You Gunners!’ and many, many supportive songs created over the decades, will truly leave a void on matchdays at Emirates Stadium, Meadow Park and at away matches wherever we are playing.

Maria began following Arsenal in 1950, aged just 12 and remained a staunch supporter for the rest of her life. She was a regular presence at first-team, reserve and youth team matches and when Arsenal Ladies were formed in 1987, she took them to her heart and became synonymous with the team based at Boreham Wood.

There are so many Maria memories down the years: celebrating cup finals with the Women’s team, being visited by Ray Parlour with the FA Cup during the pandemic, singing her Beth Mead song with ‘Meado’ herself… but whoever she was with, whichever Arsenal team she was supporting, every picture of Maria was always lit up by her wonderful smile – and the smiles of everyone around her, energised by her infectious positivity and the twinkle in her eye.

The former schoolteacher was determined to be an upbeat, vocal presence at games amidst occasional negativity as a female fan in her earlier days as a supporter. But she was unflinchingly positive, no matter what the circumstances of the game and we hope that as a tribute to Maria, supporters will be spurred on to harness her optimism and spirit in memory of this very special fan.

Speaking from our training camp in America on Friday, Mikel Arteta said: "We are all really sorry to hear the news. She was an integral part of our support and our community. The way she transmitted Arsenal values and the feeling of this football club was something I have never seen before. She was everywhere, every single week and she will be missed. Big time."

Maria often said that “Arsenal was her family” and that family is devastated today. She also said: “I shall be oh so upset when I die, I won’t be able to watch Arsenal anymore.”

Well, everyone at Arsenal Football Club can’t quite believe that you won’t be able to give your very special support to our club anymore. You’ve been one in a million and we’ll never forget you Maria.

Rest In Peace.

Rest easy, Maria

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:47 pm

^^

I met her many times. A lovely lady who put untold hours into supporting the club, including freezing cold, 18 hour days spent travelling to away matches, in her old age.

The club is built with the pure human energy of such wonderful people

RIP x
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby VCC » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:04 pm

RIP Maria puts alot of us supporters to shame her level of support
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:39 am

Zenith wrote:

arsenal.com
Rest in peace, Maria Petri

It was with great sadness that the club has heard of the passing of legendary supporter Maria Petri.

It’s very difficult to put into words what Maria meant to everyone involved at Arsenal Football Club: players, staff and fellow supporters. Rarely can it be said that ‘games just won’t be the same’ without a supporter, but Maria’s presence, her legendary ‘Come on You Gunners!’ and many, many supportive songs created over the decades, will truly leave a void on matchdays at Emirates Stadium, Meadow Park and at away matches wherever we are playing.

Maria began following Arsenal in 1950, aged just 12 and remained a staunch supporter for the rest of her life. She was a regular presence at first-team, reserve and youth team matches and when Arsenal Ladies were formed in 1987, she took them to her heart and became synonymous with the team based at Boreham Wood.

There are so many Maria memories down the years: celebrating cup finals with the Women’s team, being visited by Ray Parlour with the FA Cup during the pandemic, singing her Beth Mead song with ‘Meado’ herself… but whoever she was with, whichever Arsenal team she was supporting, every picture of Maria was always lit up by her wonderful smile – and the smiles of everyone around her, energised by her infectious positivity and the twinkle in her eye.

The former schoolteacher was determined to be an upbeat, vocal presence at games amidst occasional negativity as a female fan in her earlier days as a supporter. But she was unflinchingly positive, no matter what the circumstances of the game and we hope that as a tribute to Maria, supporters will be spurred on to harness her optimism and spirit in memory of this very special fan.

Speaking from our training camp in America on Friday, Mikel Arteta said: "We are all really sorry to hear the news. She was an integral part of our support and our community. The way she transmitted Arsenal values and the feeling of this football club was something I have never seen before. She was everywhere, every single week and she will be missed. Big time."

Maria often said that “Arsenal was her family” and that family is devastated today. She also said: “I shall be oh so upset when I die, I won’t be able to watch Arsenal anymore.”

Well, everyone at Arsenal Football Club can’t quite believe that you won’t be able to give your very special support to our club anymore. You’ve been one in a million and we’ll never forget you Maria.

Rest In Peace.

Rest easy, Maria

RIP to the greatest Arsenal fan in history.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:57 am

This is genuinely very moving. Rest in peace Maria.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:06 pm

RIP Neighbours

Bouncer the greatest dog of all time

Paul Robinson what a legend :hail: :hail: :hail:

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:23 pm

We somehow missed Bernard Cribbins going a few days ago
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:37 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:We somehow missed Bernard Cribbins going a few days ago

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:47 pm

I've still no idea who he is. I saw it was big news but it didn't ring a bell at all

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:49 pm

UFGN wrote:

I've still no idea who he is. I saw it was big news but it didn't ring a bell at all
Did shit loads. Carry On films, Corrie, the wombled, more recently some cbeebies program my kids watch.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:05 pm

Doctor who. All I know him from
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:54 am

Like all of these Actors/Personalities....they are only important to those that grew up with them Bernard Cribbins was a household name who was always there from my childhood and seemed to be a top bloke all the way through. RIP
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone