Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:35 am

Sociopathic lunatic to meet Kim Jong-un

Nuclear deal possible

Massive news

The shock announcement was made by senior South Korean officials in Washington, who passed on a letter from the North Korean leader.

They said Mr Kim had also agreed to halt nuclear and missile tests and was "committed to denuclearisation".

It appears to be a major breakthrough after months of threats and violence.

BBC NEWS
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet

Postby Dejan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 am

Two legends

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 pm

You can't deny, that is impressive from President Trump to manage to do that. There is actually a video of him on a news programme stating that he would negotiate with North Korea over nuclear weapons if he were President. There is something particularly poignant in that he said that he would make NK realise that he was serious like he did in business negotiations. That's exactly what he did. North Korea was the naughty child in school who would push it as far as they could. Now they've seen something that will push back against their nonsense, they have to tone down their rhetoric and act responsibly. I imagine the united Korea team at the Olympics also had something to do with President Trump's words.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Yeah either that or they'll wind each other up and start WWIII.

I wouldn't trust these two idiots to have a discussion in a room.

Also I'm really wondering what North Korea's angle is here? why would they court this line of action?

Doesn't make sense, they know America won't attack so long as they hold a Nuke and China has their arm around them, they must be up to something?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah either that or they'll wind each other up and start WWIII.

Also I'm really wondering what North Korea's angle is here? why would they court this line of action?

Doesn't make sense, they know America won't attack so long as they hold a Nuke and China has their arm around them, they must be up to something?

I doubt it's about defence or nukes

Its about oil and other trade and good old fashioned cash, and even those two can agree to talk when that's the topic of discussion.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah either that or they'll wind each other up and start WWIII.

I doubt it's about defence or nukes

Its about oil and other trade and good old fashioned cash, and even those two can agree to talk when that's the topic of discussion.

When you have an experienced business tycoon who negotiated big deals all the time before he went into politics on your team, I think the US will have the upper hand on that.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 pm

If Trump pulls this off it is an absolute campaign winner for the next election. He would probably win a nobel peace prize.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:If Trump pulls this off it is an absolute campaign winner for the next election. He would probably win a nobel peace prize.

Shouldn't it also go to Kim then?

UFGN

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Technically yes although the fact that his country is the one illegally creating weapons that may exempt him. Would be an astonishing turn of events though.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Technically yes although the fact that his country is the one illegally creating weapons that may exempt him. Would be an astonishing turn of events though.

All in theory of course but just saying Mr Kim has only been in power a few years and he's surrounded by sharks within his own country

IF he is in fact trying to thaw relations then who knows what crazy politics he feels he needs to play in order to achieve that....maybe including appearing to ratchet up rhetoric as he has.

UFGN

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:44 pm

I completely agree.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to The Harambee