The Blockchain Thread (Crypto-currency)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

The Blockchain Thread (Crypto-currency)

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:35 pm

BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42809676

Arsenal signs crypto-currency deal with gaming firm CashBet
Arsenal has become the first major football club to sign a deal to promote a crypto-currency.

The club has reached an agreement with the gaming company CashBet, which is planning to launch its own currency CashBet Coin.

It will see CashBet Coin advertised at Arsenal's Premier League home games.

But one crypto-currency expert has questioned whether the club is wise to promote what can be a very risky investment.

CashBet is a Californian online gaming business formed in 2012, which is now launching an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). It aims to raise $40m by getting investors to buy CashBet Coins which can then be used to bet on its various online games.

Arsenal's chief commercial officer Vinai Venkatesham said: "We are looking forward to working with CashBet Coin as they launch their new crypto-currency."

I've asked Arsenal whether it was wise to endorse a highly volatile business and whether it was encouraging fans to bet with CashBet Coins.

A spokesman said the club was too busy preparing for its Carabao Cup clash with Chelsea to comment today.

'High risk'
ICOs have become an extremely popular way for businesses to raise money following the surge in value of Bitcoin, the original crypto-currency.

But they are unregulated and investors who buy the coins have no stake in the business and receive no dividends. They hope to profit from the rising value of the crypto-currency.

The Financial Conduct Authority has warned that ICOs are "high-risk, speculative investments".

David Gerard, whose book "Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain" warns about the risks of investing in crypto-currencies, says Arsenal fans who might be encouraged to see CashBet Coins as a new way of betting need to be cautious.

"Crypto-currencies are less regulated than regular betting shops and it's a lot harder to get actual pounds back out again," Mr Gerard said.

While CashBet says it is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, a spokesman admitted that did not apply to its new crypto-currency venture.

He said that punters who bet with CashBet's currency would eventually be able to convert their winnings into cash on third party exchanges.

This is fascinating, I need to research the team becuase if I'm not wrong this company still don't even have a white paper, along with many other companies like funfair being out there with a ready working product.

Arsenal could end up getting heavily scammed here or the partnership will make the company moon!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: The Blockchain Thread (Crypto-currency)

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Most crypto currencies are just scams.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 pm

I hope every single individual loses all their crypto money. Hearing normal people talking about crypto as if they are true experts is very cringeworthy.

Tho I have a friend who started with 5k and is now around 75-80k.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm

if you can finish this video props to you. :lol: :rofll:

22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 am

No idea what any of this is about
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:29 pm

They are not currencies. They are virtual stocks with no intrinsic value and nothing guaranteeing them. Theyre just a bet.

It's wrong to call them currencies. Nobody spends bitcoin except gangsters on the dark web and hipsters in Mega-hipster coffee shops.

However some people have made real money from it and lucky them.

I wouldn't touch bitcoin. I'm a little bit interested in Ripple and in Safex but I'm yet to take the plunge and actually buy any
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Özilfan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

I only invest in McDonalds. Specifically Big Mac, Fries and Coke.

I love seeing my investment grow and grow ...

around my waistline!
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby 22-0 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Btw the vid i linked those guys bailed out of nowhere and made 1 billion + disappear.

Scams everywhere.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Crypto-currencies are scams. They're backed by nothing and completely meaningless in law as you have no way to challenge it if something goes wrong.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:22 pm

22-0 wrote:Btw the vid i linked those guys bailed out of nowhere and made 1 billion + disappear.

Scams everywhere.
Thats quality. I hope they all are scams

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Return to The Harambee