Chester Bennington dies

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Chester Bennington dies

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:12 am

Not to sound snobby or anything, depression isn't a disease. It's a disorder.

And, I can feel for depressed people who opt to end their lives. Suffering from depression is like being locked in a cupboard with no window to the outside world.

It's the state of society today that people are sadder, lonelier, more depressed, and more anxious than ever. You'd think fleeing from a tiger would be more stressful than working from a desk. But, who knew?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Alexis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am

Very sad news, listened to these guys throughout my teens. Their earlier stuff is still good to this day.

Shame I never got a chance to see them live considering all the other bands I've seen.

RIP
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:19 pm

RIP

I'll remember him as the voice on many Dragon Ball Z AMVs on YouTube.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm

RIP

Massive shame since Linkin Park where probably the biggest band back in the early 00's

Waiting until the usual conspiracy videos come out and claim it was an 'illuminati hit'.

Angelito. I agree regarding society being a very lonely place these days. Depression and anxiety is rife. What we see in the media is usually the exact opposite of what is going on in real life.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:45 am

Angelito wrote:Not to sound snobby or anything, depression isn't a disease. It's a disorder.

And, I can feel for depressed people who opt to end their lives. Suffering from depression is like being locked in a cupboard with no window to the outside world.

It's the state of society today that people are sadder, lonelier, more depressed, and more anxious than ever. You'd think fleeing from a tiger would be more stressful than working from a desk. But, who knew?

You're right, my mistake. The crux of my point though was that depression isn't something that can be shrugged off and sometimes external factors have no bearing on that person's state of mind. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain.

And you make a good point. As society and civilisation has evolved we've become so detached from our animalistic roots. If we're lucky enough where we can feed and shelter ourselves with ease and don't have to worry about fending for our lives every day, we're sat here twiddling our thumbs wondering what it all means. If you think about it too much you can start to wonder what the point of everything is.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:48 am

Slick wrote:
Cripps wrote:So this guy, seeing first hand what suicide had done to his friends family goes and does it himself and puts his family, 6 kids I believe through the same thing.

Absolute **** of a man.

I liked linkin park though. Hope they get a replacement.

Agreed. Coward's way out. Not fair to his 6 kids. Depression is tough but this guy had the means to get help.

Same here, no sympathy for people who do this.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to The Harambee