Member Awards! 2016 edition.

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Member Awards! 2016 edition.

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Poster of the Year: |Sims and Cripps. 2 consistent posters of high quality

Funniest Poster: Cripps landslide.

Best Avatar/Signature: Never take note tbh

Worst Avatar/Signature:^^

Best Thread: 'Some Quality post you don't want to miss' was a great addition this year, but since it doesn't really count I'll say David Bowie

Funniest Thread: I can never think of these off the top of my head. Maybe I'll keep track this year

Worst thread: This is easy... Every Politics thread/debate thread. Honourable mentions to #MadnessIncoming, Ozil thread and Aguero thread.

Best post:

UFGN wrote:My passion for it all is draining away. For looking forward to the future, for wanting better people to run the club, even for the club itself.

30 years a fan, but it's not the club I grew up supporting. Everyone at that club didn't need to be told that it was bigger than any man, any particular group of players, any era even.

The club's identity has been shape-shifted so that it now appears to many to be a cult of one manager, but It is so much more than that. Its a club which rose from its humble amateur roots to become an icon. A club which dominates the community it stands in.

When I was a kid we were very poor. No violins and sad stories, its just a matter of fact. In fact at one point we were homeless and lived in a cheap hotel near Highbury.

We had hardly any material possessions at all and pocket money was rare. There was another lad about my age who was in the same hotel, and we used to go together to the stadium on matchdays.

Not to go in and watch the match of cause, that would have been absurd. Even though it was cheaper back then it certainly wasn't free. We used to go just to be near it. To watch the crowd, the horses, the noise. And afterwards to find a ticket stub, or very occasionally a discarded programme.

To live near the great Arsenal Football Club was something to cling to, and something to be proud of.

That's the power that this club has.....that a kid would scrabble round on the floor to find a ticket stub just to feel like they're part of it. And where did that power come from? From it's history, its longevity, its wonderful successes.

How can anyone value one man above all that?

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): EliteKiller

Best Laugh of the Year (could be a post or thread): Cripps in the 2016 review thread

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Probably Sims

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: Arsene Nose

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: This year would be Sims with Xhaka

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: Tons of different posters who do it to troll, but them aside I'd say AF with Cech

The member you'd most like to throttle: GoonerAlexis. Why waste your time trolling when you're actually a good poster otherwise?

Troll of the year: Cripps as usual, but honourable mentions to Arsene Nose, KG3 and OptimusPrimett

The most underrated poster: CrimsonGunner. Always seem to enjoy his posts

The Emiliano Viviano award:
Giving this one to Callum for leaving earth and not posting enough.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Whats in the 2016 review thread?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Cripps wrote:Whats in the 2016 review thread?

Cripps wrote:April - found a new job. Delighted with it
May - quit job. f***ing shit job
July - my birthday which should be a national holiday
August - another new job but due to cousins wedding, I can't start til september.
August - Arsenal title campaign starts
August - Arsenal title campaign ends
September - start new job with a gig at Wembley for the billy joel concert. Pisses on any of these new dudes.
October - go to morocco for a weekend to try out the prostitutes.
October - realise I'm married therefore stay away from prostitutes and come home frustrated
November - get ill
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Ah yes.

Good memories
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 am

Poster of the Year:
UFGN #Respect

Funniest Poster: Cripps

Best Avatar/Signature: Tony_Adams

Worst Avatar/Signature: Mesut and Rambo

Best Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30624
KOSTAFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Funniest Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30792

Worst thread: Bellerin one, full of fake facts with Mesut and me being the only objective people

Best post: Short, but sweet, ruined the Brexiters
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:The hypocrisy from Brexiteers is mind-boggling.

This is a British court ruling on British law. Exactly what they wanted.

And now we're hearing from Ukip that the judges should be sacked!

If they don't like it they should appeal to the European Courts!

Since the ruling this has actually been killing me with laughter.

Tbf, I'm really happy to see the country using its own laws to take back it's sovereignty and give a say to the MPs that were actually elected by the people.

The only thing this shows is why we need to be out of Europe asap.

To think we can't even have the final say in our own country is abysmal and will only make the Brexit vote stronger.

The Remainers sabotage attempts will not last long I think, next move is ours.

The "funny" thing is Zedie is that this may mean we get a Hard Brexit after all because the Prime Minister is going to be left with two choices, either allow a soft brexit where she lets Parliament pick at her plans for years to come or (as she know's she can't allow that) find a way to by pass them altogether and not be accountable to them at all via the Supreme Court or a re-election.

We'll see who's laughing then shall we.

I was actually up for a form of soft Brexit because I thought we'd get the best of both worlds but now I'm leaning toward a Hard Brexit just to shut the Remainers up for good, they're obviously not getting the message.

More epic bullshit from you

1: How does a British court passing a ruling on British law show we need to be out of Europe?

2: How exactly is this a sabotage attempt, considering the ruling went in favour of the petitioner? All it does is show that they were correct under British law

3: You seem to be more worried about getting everything done fast than getting everything done right

4: 52% is what you got. You don't get to have every bit of the process your own way, so sorry. Stop peddling the "we voted to leave" bollocks. Half of us voted to stay.

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): EliteKiller

Best Laugh of the Year (could be a post or thread):
cam-ozil wrote:He hates the RW "defensive work" but is too scared to communicate, i am tyrell robinson and when i play with the u18s at full back i know i've got protection when the wingers start moaning about getting too far back.

We have conceded a horrible amount of goals from wide positions in the big games this calendar year.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ offers no protection nor does THEO WALCOTT only AARON RAMSEY and JOEL CAMPBELL.

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Sims/Mesut

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: Cripps

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Cripps and Theo

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: Cripps and Xhaka/Elneny/Cazorla (Basically anyone but Ramsey)

The member you'd most like to throttle: No one tbh

Troll of the year: Rowdy, no can can be that brainwashed about BREXIT

The most underrated poster: Cripps

The Emiliano Viviano award: NasriTheDog
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 am

Poster of the Year: Sims

Funniest Poster: UFGN

Best Avatar/Signature: N/A

Worst Avatar/Signature: N/A

Best Thread: Last Movie You Watched (Honorable mention to General, because usually when forum BS gets high, it stays clean)

Funniest Thread: Not sure.

Worst thread: Mesut Ozil thread. Continuous mares in it.

Best post: Unsure, would have to revisit.

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): No clue, gimme a list I'm lazy.

Best Laugh of the Year (could be a post or thread): KG3

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Usually Sims

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: Usually KG3, but the past month or so I've agreed a lot with him, which is a bit frightening.

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Sims

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: Nuggets with Theo

The member you'd most like to throttle: Not sure anymore.

Troll of the year: Cripps.

The most underrated poster: Callum because he is better than most give him credit for.

The Emiliano Viviano award: Callum if it has to do with not posting enough? Seriously what is this crap? lol
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:02 am

Poster of the Year: Zenith. Easily the best member here, would vote for him for POTY if I could.

Funniest Poster: Billo makes me laugh the most but Sims is more consistent.

Best Avatar/Signature: Mine at any given moment.

Worst Avatar/Signature: UFGN. Needs to mix it up.

Best Thread: Madness Incoming was good fun over the summer. Starman's dedication to the Bowie thread has been admirable too.

Funniest Thread
: Chris being locked out of his house by his step-dad.

Worst thread: American Politics/ UK referendum thread. So much nonsense in both.

Best post: gooney slagging off dinosaurs.

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): Dunno.

Best Laugh of the Year: Billo's gambling/ women stories. Always get me.

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Sims, Massa, Fenice. Honourable shout to VaVa as he makes his arguments clearer than most even when I disagree.

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: DG/ RRP/ Cripps. Honourable shot to Big17.

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Cripps with Walcott, Schland with Ramsey.

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: DG with Giroud, easily. Can't score a goal without justifying why it's not that good, can't go a game without scoring without hearing about "Project Giroud". Also GA with Koscielny because it's ridiculous.

The member you'd most like to throttle: DG.

Troll of the year: Cripps, as he's actively trying (but doing a better job at it than GA).

The most underrated poster: Fenice/ Dubs4Sam. Two of the most solid and reasoned posters on here.

The Emiliano Viviano award
: Massa.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 am

Poster of the Year: Sims. When you see this Massa then count this towards the MOTM vote aswell.

Funniest Poster: Billo or Sims

Best Avatar/Signature: Praise Pablo :rofll:

Worst Avatar/Signature: That Luzh guy or whatever he's called. His avatar is f***ing weird.

Best Thread: Madness incoming. 14+k views in a month and kept the forum ticking. I make numbers. Thats what I do

Funniest Thread: Cavani thread. Full of hilarious shockers from Cavani fans.

Worst thread: One of Chris Supermans fake threads.

Best post: I can't really recall a stand out post but there's been a lot of top posts this year.

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): Elite Killer

Best Laugh of the Year (could be a post or thread): Been a fair few from Billo as per. Arsene Nose as GA have also had a couple of blinders but...

Zenith wrote:
Big17 wrote:
Cripps wrote:Can

Liverpool too good.

Wenger humiliated.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Oh snap :P

Before Bournemouth went on to win 4-3. Humiliated.

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Sims and Zedie

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: UFGN

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Easy. Cripps on Walcott.

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: UFGN & Diamond Gooner on Giroud lol.

The member you'd most like to throttle: Massa. I expect a warning for this now.

Troll of the year: West Ham United fan, Cripps.

The most underrated poster: GA.

The Emiliano Viviano award: WTF is this?
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Poster of the Year: Starmandb

Funniest Poster: Dejan

Best Thread: Matchday threads

Funniest Thread: Giroud, Coquelin, : the amount of double standards, special standards n hypocrisy just makes you laugh.

Best post: Too many to single out one.

Posters whose posts are a joy to read: starmandb, Zenith, CrimsonGunner11, Massa, Reverend Gooner, Stlgooner

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: Sims,

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Sims with Ozil, Xhaka, Welbeck Mesut with Cesc, Sturridge, Pudpop with Ozil,

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: Gooney with the entire squad barring a few, Sims with Coquelin, Giroud, Mesut with Ramsay, diamond gooner with Giroud,

The member you'd most like to throttle: None

The most underrated poster: CrimsonGunner11, Losmeister

The Emiliano Viviano award: Massa
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The most underrated poster: CrimsonGunner11

Really true. One of the best posters on here
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:30 am

Poster of the Year: Zedie

Best Avatar/Signature: Who ever has the one where Poldoski scores in the near post against B-M.

Worst Avatar/Signature: Any that has a team formation with names.

Best Thread: Madness Incoming

Funniest Thread: As above

Worst thread: Any that are Posts and Not Threads

Best post: Cripps Stating Civil War was the Best Movie of 2016 3 Months before it came out

Best Newbie (i.e. new poster in the last 12 months): MecurialGooner

Best Laugh of the Year (could be a post or thread): The Review Thread - Some quality posts you don't want to miss

Poster I Agree With Most Often: Pudpop

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: For what I see as Trolling most of the time:- GoonerAlexis

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: N/A

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: N/A

The member you'd most like to throttle: :Peace:

Troll of the year: GoonerAlexis

The most underrated poster: Tony_Adams

The Emiliano Viviano award: :dizzy:
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Poster of the Year: Cripps and Pudpop

Best Avatar/Signature: Myself

Worst Avatar/Signature: Callum - constantly changing it and usually has some alternative chick as his avatar. ;)

Best Thread: 2016 Olympics

Funniest Thread: Any given match thread when we are losing.

Worst thread: If Ox gets a new contract I will stop supporting this club (authored by Gooney, of course)

Best post:

Cripps wrote:April - found a new job. Delighted with it
May - quit job. f***ing shit job
July - my birthday which should be a national holiday
August - another new job but due to cousins wedding, I can't start til september.
August - Arsenal title campaign starts
August - Arsenal title campaign ends
September - start new job with a gig at Wembley for the billy joel concert. Pisses on any of these new dudes.
October - go to morocco for a weekend to try out the prostitutes.
October - realise I'm married therefore stay away from prostitutes and come home frustrated
November - get ill

Best Newbie : MecurialGooner

Best Laugh of the Year:

Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:Anyone seen Dr Strange yet?

Going tomorrow. Can't wait.

10/10

Might as well rate it now

This

Rating spot on.

Benedict Monchengladbach has finally hit the big time.

Marvel does it again.

Different to others as it's a thinking mans film but still top notch

Tears :rofll:

BS221B wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Lol buddy, where did this one go?

https://gyazo.com/df394a87de8869313d5f344c2d2fae2c

Plus you might wana go back to the summer and watch that game again...

I have mistaken Slovakia with another team. Thats why i deleted it.

It's very dick move to post that tbh, shame on you.

"shame on you", LOOOOOLLL

Cripps wrote:Had a choice of one from Dirty Grandpa, The Big Short or Spotlight to buy on dvd.

Never heard of Spotlight so no chance. Big Short has a quality cast and was tempted especially as Steve Carrell is in it so bound to be hilarious. Ultimately went for Dirty Grandpa. De Niro and Efron 2 of the best. Some might say it's the passing of the torch

F*cking hell.

AAIRE99 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote: I actually turned her down for a date because of a broken toe then ran into her randomly a day later in a shopping centre wtf? didn't go down well. then I tried again later.

ffs Billo lad.

what?

You canceled the date because of your toe but went to the shopping centre the next day.

f**k her I was genuinely hurt. not hurt enough to be in bed. what are the chances though this was a big shopping centee also I was carrying about half a stone or a stone extra weight because of the injury and wanted to drop it

Our dear Billo

Sims wrote:Mourinho is an actual keyboard warrior

When that **** dies the only person to be at his funeral is Michael Essien

I can't breathe.

Cripps wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:No answer.

As a great man once said, "you say it best when you say nothing at all"

I will leave it at that

Had to Google search those lyrics and found they come from a country song released in the 80's.

Tears. :rofll:

Actually got it from Ronan Keating. Legendary singer.

He didn't sing the original though so you probably got that

Cripps is not right in his head, I swear.

Cripps wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Remember when Cripps said Jones was still faster than Giroud even though he was on his knees :rofll:

Jones is horrific although that was great but what I said was true, Giroud should be shown that clip, given a gun with one bullet in it and left alone in a room.

Knowing our luck, he'd still be alive cos he'd have missed the shot

I'm done.

Poster I Agree With Most Often: I'd say Pudpop

Poster I Disagree With Most Often: Probably Big17

The most 'I won’t hear a bad thing about this player' member: Sims with Xhaka

The most 'I won’t hear a good thing about this player' member: Gooney with any Arsenal player.

The member you'd most like to throttle: GA when he's trolling

Troll of the year: Cripps, he is the best in the world at what he does.

The most underrated poster: Pudpop, apparently. Didn't even place in the POTY results. GW shocker. Fenice too.

The Emiliano Viviano award: Zenith, because he deserves to win something. What a man.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Holy shit i forgot about the Jones one :rofll:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Pudpop wrote:Holy shit i forgot about the Jones one :rofll:

I completely blocked that entirely from my memory... ffs
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Figured out an extra award: Best Roast

Inspired by Starman's vicious destruction of Gooney but it also reminded me of a legendary post from last year:

Callum wrote:
Dubs4Sam wrote:
Massa wrote:
arsenalpan wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Smitty_AFC wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Dejan wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Fenice wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
BS221B wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Zedie wrote:
BS221B wrote:
KG3 wrote:Ozil needs to come of for Elneny/Iwobi/Perez any will do he's been absolutely woeful and don't come to me with he assisted when Theo had the harder job and any other goalkeeper would have saved that shot.

Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee