Princess Leia

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Princess Leia

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:42 pm

elkanofan wrote:Episode 8 is done. But to be honesty by the time that comes out they have raped the franchise enough with episode 7 the femenist awakens

Having never seen a Star Wars film I have no clue what you are referring to but I found this funny.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Rogue 1 was great I thought. Fixed the plothole in an entertaining fashion. Force Awakens I liked a lot too
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Cripps » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Episode 8 is done. But to be honesty by the time that comes out they have raped the franchise enough with episode 7 the femenist awakens

Having never seen a Star Wars film I have no clue what you are referring to but I found this funny.

Surely you have to now.

Havent seen Rogue one yet but Force Awakens was very good especially seeing legends back
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:04 am

elkanofan wrote:Episode 8 is done. But to be honesty by the time that comes out they have raped the franchise enough with episode 7 the femenist awakens along with this years money spinner im not sure if it would make a difference to the story which has been well and truly ruined.

Still. Quite shocking news as another big megastar dies in just a matter of days. The next Star Wars films after episode 8 will not be the same without her. I heard she had issued with alcaholisim but she overcame them. Real shame she not around to keep her career revival going despite the fact ive lost all interest in the new star wars films.

Just when her life was really on a roll its been cruely cut short.

Yeah, God forbid there be a popular film with a strong female lead character. :dizzy:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:20 am

Callum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Episode 8 is done. But to be honesty by the time that comes out they have raped the franchise enough with episode 7 the femenist awakens along with this years money spinner im not sure if it would make a difference to the story which has been well and truly ruined.

Still. Quite shocking news as another big megastar dies in just a matter of days. The next Star Wars films after episode 8 will not be the same without her. I heard she had issued with alcaholisim but she overcame them. Real shame she not around to keep her career revival going despite the fact ive lost all interest in the new star wars films.

Just when her life was really on a roll its been cruely cut short.

Yeah, God forbid there be a popular film with a strong female lead character. :dizzy:

I wonder if The Wizard of Oz, Kill Bill, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and The Hunger Games were all terrible too :think:

I enjoyed Daisy Ridley and think she'll do a fine job leading the franchise forward (along with a black lead actor :rolleyes:).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 am

The Hunger Games were shithouse bar the first one tbh. Glad they're over, J Law was wasting her talent in them.

Brandon wrote:
I enjoyed Daisy Ridley and think she'll do a fine job leading the franchise forward (along with a black lead actor :rolleyes:).

Pretty sure Elkano is black himself btw.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:The Hunger Games were shithouse bar the first one tbh. Glad they're over, J Law was wasting her talent in them.

Brandon wrote:

The first two were good. The last was meh. But agreed, she's really coming into her own now.

And yeah, I've assumed he was for a while now. I was just extrapolating that minority leads (female, black, Asian, etc.) in Hollywood shouldn't be a precursor for determining whether a movie/franchise will be shit or not.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 am

Last 2 hunger games were meh because the book was meh as well.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Callum wrote:Yeah, God forbid there be a popular film with a strong female lead character. :dizzy:

Disney has successfully turned star wars into its golden cash cow.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:The Hunger Games were shithouse bar the first one tbh. Glad they're over, J Law was wasting her talent in them.

Brandon wrote:

Yes.

I like John Boyega for a personal reasons to films hes been in the past and I was very disappointed how Finn was completely undermined in the Feminist Awakens, its like they made him so clumsy throughout the whole thing and at the end he was beaten so easily you wonder what he was even doing there in the first place.

Brandon wrote:
I wonder if The Wizard of Oz, Kill Bill, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and The Hunger Games were all terrible too :think:

This is a big favorite of mine and does the basic thing which the feminist awakens dosen't. The main character Black Mamba has personality, has flaws she works hard to overcome, a clear motive and her ability is clearly described and makes sense while fits into he rest of the story and there is balance between her and her enemies through the film! Shes on a revenge mission and all of her ex comrades give her a very hard time before she wins just about against all of them after a kick ass well scripted fight.

Rey masters things which Luke took years of training to do which is just poor writing and shows an clear intention to implement politically correct feminist narrative.

Rey as a main character is fine, just make her more interesting with some good writing. I mean i think i'll move this into a new thread afterwards as this really should all be about Princess Leia/Carrie Fisher tribute,
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:52 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38455777
US actress Debbie Reynolds dies, a day after daughter Carrie Fisher

US actress Debbie Reynolds has died, a day after the death of her daughter Carrie Fisher, her son has announced.

US media said the 84-year-old had a stroke. She was taken to a Los Angeles hospital earlier on Wednesday.

The Hollywood legend is best known for her role in the 1952 musical Singin' in the Rain, opposite Gene Kelly.

Fisher - renowned for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series - died on Tuesday aged 60, following a cardiac arrest on a plane.

Reynolds was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre after being taken ill on Wednesday.

Announcing her death later, her son Todd Fisher told AP news agency: "She's now with Carrie and we're all heartbroken.''

He added that the stress of his sister's death "was too much" for their mother.
Fraught relationship

On Tuesday Reynolds posted a statement about her daughter's death on Facebook: "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop."

Reynolds was leading lady in a succession of major Hollywood musicals and comedies in the 1950s and 60s.

She received a best-actress Academy Award nomination for the 1964 musical The Unsinkable Molly Brown.

In 2015, she was given a lifetime achievement award by the Screen Actors Guild. The award was presented to her by her daughter.

Debbie Reynolds (left) with her daughter Carrie Fisher in 1972

Reynolds married singer Eddie Fisher in 1955, and had two children, Carrie and Todd.

The couple divorced in 1959. Reynolds married twice more.

Carrie Fisher shot to fame in Star Wars, but had a number of other roles including in Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) and When Harry Met Sally (1989).

Fisher was also an author and screenwriter. Her semi-autobiographical novel Postcards from the Edge was made into a film, starring Meryl Streep, Shirley MacLaine, and Dennis Quaid.

The story drew on Fisher's struggles with drugs and her sometimes strained relationship with her mother.

The pair stopped speaking to each other for many years, but became closer later in life.

In an interview last month with US radio network NPR, Fisher spoke of their relationship. "She's an immensely powerful woman, and I just admire my mother very much,'' she said.

Can't imagine what their family and friends must be going through now...

RIP
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 am

Wow

RIP
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 am

Very sad indeed, mother and daughter gone in the space of days. R.I.P both.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Previous

Return to The Harambee