Wifes Father starting to be very difficult

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Wifes Father starting to be very difficult

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Just called my wife and she said she's going to a restaurant so won't be back until later. I said her father is still in my room and she said "He's probably resting". They have their own f***ing bedroom.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Get him the f**k out mate!!!! Seriously!!!

You're starting to piss me off now, and I really struggle to keep my Temper. Give me your address, I'll kill him for you!

Free of charge :thumbsup:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

This has potential for a classic thread. :popcorn:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Apollo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Dude?

"I need to work. Please leave"

You're telling everyone except for him.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:41 pm

It's your house!!!

*knock*
Father in law: yes
Chris: sorry but I'm gonna need that room in about five minutes, I've got some important work to do for tomorrow.

There is no response to this. You're not making a demand, so he won't get defensive. You're not being pushy, you're being polite, you're giving your reason and you're giving him a time limit. Simple.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TOP » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Tell him to masturbate in the kitchen like normal people
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Est83 wrote:Get him the f**k out mate!!!! Seriously!!!

You're starting to piss me off now, and I really struggle to keep my Temper. Give me your address, I'll kill him for you!

He didn't even respond when I went to the door and made a blatant attempt to open it, it has one of those twist locks on it so he's clearly just turned it. Also i'm sweating a bit now because there is some media on that computer of me and her which nobody else should see. I might just go outside and make his rental car go off. He might even be asleep though so I'm not sure.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Suggest the garden or another room to chill in.

I'd be livid! It's your house! I'd be so angry I'd drag him out, sit him in the corner on a stall and make him request anything he needs (toilet breaks, water, whatever) by putting his hand up.

Who the f**k does he think he is!?!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Apollo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Can't be serious.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:51 pm

I could go outside and look in the window to see what hes doing but its weird. What if he saw me looking in? If I knock on the door he might get pissed off again because he said the "respect we need our own space" thing earlier.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gunpowder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:I could go outside and look in the window to see what hes doing but its weird. What if he saw me looking in? If I knock on the door he might get pissed off again because he said the "respect we need our own space" thing earlier.

F**k that. He's a guest, he should know his place and respect the host.

Knock the door, then go to window if there is no answer.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:55 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:
Est83 wrote:Get him the f**k out mate!!!! Seriously!!!

He didn't even respond when I went to the door and made a blatant attempt to open it, it has one of those twist locks on it so he's clearly just turned it. Also i'm sweating a bit now because there is some media on that computer of me and her which nobody else should see. I might just go outside and make his rental car go off. He might even be asleep though so I'm not sure.

Ok, it's quite obvious that you tread egg shells through life trying to avoid awkward or confrontational situations. I'm kind of the same because I have ICD, which makes it very difficult to keep my temper IF I can't rationalise something that's offended me. So I have to walk away or keep my mouth shut 90% of the time, and I find good reasons to. You have no reason not to confront him though, not unless there's some history we don't know about.

Slyly trying to open the door, seeing that it's locked, and then just thinking 'ah man' and then retreating back into your shell.... THATS NOT ON!!!! You missed a chance to say a simple but assertive "excuse me", and now you're dwelling on it, getting anxious and worrying about what you could do.

Is he a large physically imposing man? Because I don't understand why you would consider maybe kicking the tire of his car and setting the alarm off rather than just telling him what's what.

If confrontation worries you, then I can understand your hesitance. The way he talks (and your wife... but I want to be respectful, so I'm not going to mention her again) does make it seem like he believes in some kind of hierachy, and that he's tried to (in a very passive aggressive way) tried to put you in your place. But the fact is,there is no conflict here,nothing can happen, you are safe inside YOUR house. So you don't need to view this as peacocking before going ten rounds. Simply knock on the door (if he ignores you, knock louder), then explain that you need the room. You're not lying, you're not being pernickety, you're not trying to be domineering... you're simply telling him you need the room.

Please Chris. I don't want to make homemade Napalm and flush that f***er out myself.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Trequartista » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:55 pm

This cannot be serious. Already one of my favourite threads. Chris, mate, if this is for real, sorry for finding it so hilarious, but just assert yourself man, it's your own house...
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:57 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:I could go outside and look in the window to see what hes doing but its weird. What if he saw me looking in? If I knock on the door he might get pissed off again because he said the "respect we need our own space" thing earlier.

It's been hours since then. You've respected his space, now he needs to respect yours.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 pm

I thought the first reply to this thread would be enough... Mate how have you still not kicked him out?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee