Wifes Father starting to be very difficult

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Wifes Father starting to be very difficult

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:13 pm

so the past few days my wifes parents have been staying at my house. everything was going ok until today i randomly found him in my study.

I asked him what was he doing and he said 'now im sure you can respect the fact we all need some space every now and then to unwind' and closed the door...

I went to my wife and said i need to do some work that will take me a few hours and if i cant get it down i will be severely set back at work tomorrow so can she please as him to move to another room. she just said 'i dont have time to deal with this' and left with her mother for the afternoon

its been hours and he still hasnt come out, i even went outside and walked past the window and im almost positive i saw him going through my desk drawers

how can i approach this without it turning into WW3? at this point the only thing that comes to mind is jumping on the hood of his rental car to make the alarm go off and forcing him to get outside to stop it
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: Wifes Father starting to be very difficult

Postby Jackson » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:17 pm

'I need to do some work - can I have my office back for a few hours, we can grab a beer after I've finished'.
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:45 pm

"Excuse me [insert shortened version of name i.e will instead of william], can I just do a bit of work that needs to be done for tomorrow, it's vital I complete it, do you want to watch something in the living room or?"
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:48 pm

I don't even have time for a beer now, this has messed my whole day up. She's out having dinner with her mother somewhere and I'm stuck sat in the living room while he's in my study. Also my computer is in there and I think he's using it which has lots of personal stuff on, i'm actually embarrassed to see him now in fear of what he might have seen on there.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Excuse me, motherf***er. Get the f**k out of my room
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:53 pm

ChrisSuperG wrote:I don't even have time for a beer now, this has messed my whole day up. She's out having dinner with her mother somewhere and I'm stuck sat in the living room while he's in my study. Also my computer is in there and I think he's using it which has lots of personal stuff on, i'm actually embarrassed to see him now in fear of what he might have seen on there.

I actually feel for you, sounds like a horrible situation.

Any chance you could try and get the computer out of there?

Maybe, if your desperate for an excuse, I would suggest you start hoovering the house (quite quickly) and then ask if you're alright to hoover in the study and if he still persists and wants to stay in there then start trying to move cupboards/desks (in the study) to hoover, that should eventually force him out?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby D23 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:54 pm

It's your house g don't be a bitch you tell him to get out.
D23
Banned

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Dejan wrote:Excuse me, motherf***er. Get the f**k out of my room

Honestly I wish I could say something like this but a couple of days ago my wife came to me and informed me her parents are coming to stay with us. im like oh that sounds good when are they thinking of coming, to which she said they're on their way.

It caught me off guard because they live in Spain. So anyway we picked them up from the airport (which is an hour drive) and I noticed they packed a lot of luggage, like a ridiculous amount that would have cost them a lot of money in excess baggage charges. When we got home and they were unpacking i pulled my wife aside and said oh i didnt catch you say how long they were going to be here for. and she just looks at me with an angry face and says 'oh what? have they over stayed their welcome already? Do you want me to tell them you want them gone?'. i was like wtf and just left it.

I've only met them a couple times before and one of them was our wedding. I just don't want this to blow up in my face.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Seeems like you have some marriage issues aswell

but seriously, just ask him if you can do some work ffs its your house
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:03 pm

If you ever want to have sex again with your wife, then just do what she suggest. Ha!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Just get a divorce.

He's probably knocking one out over important papers.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ChrisSuperG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:07 pm

I just went and tried to open the door to ask him politely if I could get on my computer and the door was locked. He must have heard me try and open the door but literally said nothing. So I just came back, absolutely livid here.

Another annoying thing is her mother was talking about being excited for her birthday and wanting to make plans, well her birthday is in 2 weeks. I hope to god they don't plan on staying until then.
ChrisSuperG
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Git » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Invite him for a mutual masturbation session. He's clearly having a wank anyway.

Let me know how it goes. x
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Big17 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:15 pm

WTF.

Walk in and give him a roundhouse kick IMO.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Either a polite note slipped under the door: "would you mind leaving the room, there's nothing of use in there other than the computer, and I wouldn't wanted you snooping on that incase you find those home videos I make with your daughter... ah, back when she was fun".

Or...

Kick the door down and break his f***ing kneecaps!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, of course. It does sound like you've got a few respect issues though. Her responses (although there's probably history there, yours to tell of course) are way off the mark..... is she on her period? (sorry,there's a bit of Dejan in everyone!)

And what her dad said, f***ing hell! A little bit of assertiveness is all it takes though. It's not like you're paranoid about your study and just want him the f**k out, you're not lying about your need for the room. Fact is, you need that room for work, simple as that.

Knock on the door, explain it, get him out!

Once you're done, lock the room. That's your room. There are other rooms in the house if he needs to unwind. If the blue pills haven't worn off from the night before then he can set up camp in the bathroom, at least there's tissue there.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Next

Return to The Harambee