Life

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Life

Postby Youngie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:22 pm

A few of you will know me as ive been a member on GW since way back when. Been away from the site for a while now. Had the most horrific life changing events anyone could go through. Had life threatening incidents and tbh am lucky to be alive. I suffered 2 subarachnoid brain hemorrhages in May, which meant i had to have my head cut open and have 2 life saving operations, On top of that i also then found out my girlfriend was 2 weeks pregnant. So nearly died and left a poor girl carrying my child. Luckily life has spat my back out the other end after chewing me up royally. Not looking for sympathy but just want to let everyone know life is precious and please go live it to the full (cheesy i know).

Drama or what!!!

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Life

Postby Callum » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Jesus f***ing Christ, that's some heavy shit.

Glad you're okay mate and congratulations with the baby.

EDIT: What caused the brain hemorrhages btw? Do the doctors know?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Bit of a scratch, stop being such a pansy.

f***ing hell mate, glad to hear you're OK and massive congrats on the sprog! Sometimes everyone needs a bit of perspective and a reminder that life should be grabbed by the nuts and to do all those things you always wanted to do, but put off to another time.

That mohican suits you btw.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Danskin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Damn man, I'm glad to hear you're okay now. Congratulations with the baby as well!
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Youngie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks guys.

The doctors don't know what causes things like this although smoking is a key contributor, a few people were in hospital with the same and they were all smokers and drinkers. Had to stop smoking and drinking completely, little sacrifice if i get to live tbh. Apparently it only happens to 1 in every 200 people and within that only 2% of people who suffer this are my age (28).

Its massively shook me tbh, didnt even know it happened. I had the worst headache in history its refereed to as the worst headache somebody can possibly suffer, it felt like molten metal was being poured on my brain. the survival rate for this is 50/50 and i had 2 nearly a week apart, so im a lucky fellow indeed.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:44 pm

I'll be honest with you. I thought you changed your name to that Rooneyfan poster we have on here.

I've got a scar like that although on the left side of my head.

Glad you're ok.

And congrats on the kid.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:52 pm

I was chatting to the surgeon for a minute before he put me under and he once worked in the same hospital i was born in (Northwick Park Hospital) which is in Harrow, North London. He saw my Victoria Concordia Crescit tattoo round my wrist and proceeded to show me his background on his phone which was his newborn son dressed in an Arsenal onesie. This was at that point i knew i was in safe hands.

#gunnersurgeon
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Youngie wrote:I was chatting to the surgeon for a minute before he put me under and he once worked in the same hospital i was born in (Northwick Park Hospital) which is in Harrow, North London. He saw my Victoria Concordia Crescit tattoo round my wrist and proceeded to show me his background on his phone which was his newborn son dressed in an Arsenal onesie. This was at that point i knew i was in safe hand.

#gunnersurgeon

Lucky he didn't show you a Spurs background and flash a sinister smile as he administered the anesthesia - I fear you wouldn't have made it. :hiding:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Youngie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Youngie wrote:I was chatting to the surgeon for a minute before he put me under and he once worked in the same hospital i was born in (Northwick Park Hospital) which is in Harrow, North London. He saw my Victoria Concordia Crescit tattoo round my wrist and proceeded to show me his background on his phone which was his newborn son dressed in an Arsenal onesie. This was at that point i knew i was in safe hand.

#gunnersurgeon

Lucky he didn't show you a Spurs background and flash a sinister smile as he administered the anesthesia - I fear you wouldn't have made it. :hiding:

Haha could be. i was in the center of Salford so their mostly City or Utd fans.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 am

oh shit m8.
Thats f***ked up mayne.

Stay strong and enjoy every second of your life
Congratz with your kid !!!

If you are ever in holland, let me know. Ill buy you a beer

xxx
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:23 am

Good advice Youngie you never know what Life is going to throw at you or yours - enjoy it while your not ducking.

All the best for the future to you and yours :)
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 am

f***ing hell. Nice recovery mate. You da boss
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Diaby24AFC » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 am

Congrats on making it through that horrible ordeal and the pregnancy.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Maradonna » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:04 pm

you look like a badass now!
get well!!!!, life is f***ing crazy.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:07 pm

f***ing f**k.

Hemorrhages when he wants, hemmorhages when he wants.

That's gonna be a pretty badass scar - Zedie is right, the mohican suits you to the ground.

Glad you're okay mate. Love that you had a Gunner operating on you!
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Next

Return to The Harambee