In the news today....

In Tribute to Drama, SE13 & Fabrestuta. RIP
Grab a chair, open a beer & chat away

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.


In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.
.



In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


But in most cases you won't get beheaded.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:44 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely ............ so the only answer is that all religion is BS lol.

You can't say "The muslim religion is bad" just because they actually follow it, what kind of crap is that?

The only reason we say the Catholic religion is acceptable isn't because its better or less violent, its because no one follows it to the letter anymore, that doesn't make it better though, it just means its not being followed.

Don't lie with anyone before marriage - exactly, no one follows the fkin thing, that's not better it simply means no one adheres to it ffs.

That doesn't change the fact that Western law still protects the practice of religion, that guy in Germany was discriminated against, simple as that, i don't make the rules, I'm just stating what is.


No you're not you're just making up total bollocks to fit your argument ...

Once you get away from countries ruled by religious nut-jobs then in all Western civilisation the rule of law trumps the teaching of religion every time. The guy in German was failing to abide by the rules that govern German citizenship - doesn't matter why he refused because the same rule applies to everyone, it's the exact opposite of discrimination.

If some backwards brainwashed idiot wants to teach his son that committing murder is fine under his religion, then firstly he's a complete **** and secondly he's breaking the law and will get punished. There is no get out of jail free card from any mythical God.

Western law protects your right to follow your religious belief provided it isn't detrimental for anyone else. It does not allow you to break laws just because they contradict any religious brainwashing - for you to think that clearly shows you've been brainwashed, you should get some therapy.


EK if you continuously try to put words in my mouth then we're going to fall out.

I'm not religious so why would I be brainwashed you penis?

I'm not agreeing with what happened I'm simply stating that what that teacher did in today's PC rules is religious discrimination pure and simple, he knew what he was doing hence why he asked if students wanted to leave the class, if you ever need to say that to children in your class room then you're about to do something wrong.

He did, he paid for it, he's an idiot and now look at the state of him.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23530
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.


In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.
.



In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


But in most cases you won't get beheaded.

You do realise the guy who killed the teacher did an illegal thing
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.


In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.
.



In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


But in most cases you won't get beheaded.

You do realise the guy who killed the teacher did an illegal thing


Really?

I thought it was ok as some people seem to be trying to justify it.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.


In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.
.



In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


But in most cases you won't get beheaded.

You do realise the guy who killed the teacher did an illegal thing


Really?

I thought it was ok as some people seem to be trying to justify it.


Quote someone justifying it.

What's been said is do stupid things, then expect stupid things to happen, not quite the same thing is it?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23530
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Exactly. He's too naive to get it. All Islam is evil. Apparently it's ok to chop peoples heads off. Why wasn't I told of this? You know me being a Muslim and him being well him.
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 17740
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.


In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.
.



In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.


Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk


But in most cases you won't get beheaded.

You do realise the guy who killed the teacher did an illegal thing


Really?

I thought it was ok as some people seem to be trying to justify it.


Quote someone justifying it.

What's been said is do stupid things, then expect stupid things to happen, not quite the same thing is it?


They are two completely different things.

The teacher gave a lesson on free speech. The murderer cut the teacher's head off.

You really do seem to be trying to justify it. It is in no way reasonable. You cannot say in any way whatsoever that showing cartoons of a mad Arab who died 1500 years ago should lead to a beheading. It very simply should not.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:45 pm

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:The Pope comes out in support of same-sex civil unions. 1989 goes wild!

Won't support same-sex marriage though. Maybe in 2051.

Still needs to do something about his pedo priests too.


If that particular religion doesn't support gay people getting married within their institution what's the problem? Gay people can still get married - just not in a catholic church. They can't get married in a mosque either.

I really don't know why anyone would want to get married by a church that doesn't agree with it anyway.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not in any way religious, and definitely not anti-gay. I fully support gay marriage - but I don't believe religious institutions should be forced to comply. Just as I don't believe we should be forced to comply with anything religions might demand.


tbf I did imply Francis's relative progressiveness.

Holy matrimony is a religious ceremony, whereas marriage has always been a legal institution that religion has tried to appropriate. Sure, some anti-gay Catholics might come around to not caring about gay people being together in relationships which is good, but imo, it's an empty gesture from the Pope in that it changes little functionally. Good to see but still a ways to go.

I agree that religious institutions have a right to choose whether to perform holy matrimony ceremonies. I also think people who continue to be a part of intolerant religious institutions that treat them as second class or worse members are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:48 am

Francis is going to get a lot of stick from inside the Catholic church for his comments on civil unions

The thing is though, he has all the authority, both practical and moral, and his detractors have none. When Francis was elected Pope by the College of Cardinals his views on this subject were well known...... and yet he was elected by a two thirds majority as is mandated by the Church's constitution.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 20265
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:19 am

Phil71 wrote:
They are two completely different things.

The teacher gave a lesson on free speech. The murderer cut the teacher's head off.

You really do seem to be trying to justify it. It is in no way reasonable. You cannot say in any way whatsoever that showing cartoons of a mad Arab who died 1500 years ago should lead to a beheading. It very simply should not.


Phil you know I'm not trying to justify it because you can't even quote it, and again, why would I justify a murder of an insult to a religion I don't even believe in? makes no sense

What you don't like is I'm telling you its not ok to rough shod over a religion of millions and to not expect that "something" might happen, in your world you think its "not a big deal" to just slag off someones beliefs and truly expect no retaliation, where as I don't think that's realistic.

Fact is you have a problem with Muslims and your going to have a problem with anyone telling you that they aren't just going to lay down and let you or someone of your attitude abuse them.

Tbf that's not my problem, if you feel that way go for it ..............

I'm just calling it as it is and facing reality.

Your basically (to give another example) saying that if someone went into Brixton and shouted "n*gger" at the top of their voice and someone stabs them, you expect them to just put up with that abuse and do nothing?

I'm simply saying ......... do something stupid, expect stupid things to happen.

No more, no less.

If that teacher was giving a lesson on "free speech" as you say, then I hope his students learned that yes we have free speech, but that doesn't mean you can abuse people by thinking you can say whatever you want to whomever and not expect consequences.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23530
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
They are two completely different things.

The teacher gave a lesson on free speech. The murderer cut the teacher's head off.

You really do seem to be trying to justify it. It is in no way reasonable. You cannot say in any way whatsoever that showing cartoons of a mad Arab who died 1500 years ago should lead to a beheading. It very simply should not.


Phil you know I'm not trying to justify it because you can't even quote it, and again, why would I justify a murder of an insult to a religion I don't even believe in? makes no sense

What you don't like is I'm telling you its not ok to rough shod over a religion of millions and to not expect that "something" might happen, in your world you think its "not a big deal" to just slag off someones beliefs and truly expect no retaliation, where as I don't think that's realistic.

Fact is you have a problem with Muslims and your going to have a problem with anyone telling you that they aren't just going to lay down and let you or someone of your attitude abuse them.

Tbf that's not my problem, if you feel that way go for it ..............

I'm just calling it as it is and facing reality.

Your basically (to give another example) saying that if someone went into Brixton and shouted "n*gger" at the top of their voice and someone stabs them, you expect them to just put up with that abuse and do nothing?

I'm simply saying ......... do something stupid, expect stupid things to happen.

No more, no less.

If that teacher was giving a lesson on "free speech" as you say, then I hope his students learned that yes we have free speech, but that doesn't mean you can abuse people by thinking you can say whatever you want to whomever and not expect consequences.


DG, again they are two completely different things. Shouting racial abuse in the street is in itself an aggressive act and yes, may well be met in turn by aggression.

But showing some cartoons to school kids? He even told the kids what he was going to show and asked any kids who might be offended to leave the room.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:07 am

UFGN wrote:Francis is going to get a lot of stick from inside the Catholic church for his comments on civil unions

The thing is though, he has all the authority, both practical and moral, and his detractors have none. When Francis was elected Pope by the College of Cardinals his views on this subject were well known...... and yet he was elected by a two thirds majority as is mandated by the Church's constitution.


I guess he's striking a conciliatory tone because he knows that civil unions, in the eyes of the church, are meaningless. Obviously he can't be seen to be saying that but I think he's doing it to get the monkey of homosexual "marriage" off his back.

Personally, I'm OK with homosexuals having civil unions/civil partnerships and them being legally recognised but they shouldn't call it a marriage, that is what I object to.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9237
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby Dejan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:15 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
They are two completely different things.

The teacher gave a lesson on free speech. The murderer cut the teacher's head off.

You really do seem to be trying to justify it. It is in no way reasonable. You cannot say in any way whatsoever that showing cartoons of a mad Arab who died 1500 years ago should lead to a beheading. It very simply should not.


Phil you know I'm not trying to justify it because you can't even quote it, and again, why would I justify a murder of an insult to a religion I don't even believe in? makes no sense

What you don't like is I'm telling you its not ok to rough shod over a religion of millions and to not expect that "something" might happen, in your world you think its "not a big deal" to just slag off someones beliefs and truly expect no retaliation, where as I don't think that's realistic.

Fact is you have a problem with Muslims and your going to have a problem with anyone telling you that they aren't just going to lay down and let you or someone of your attitude abuse them.

Tbf that's not my problem, if you feel that way go for it ..............

I'm just calling it as it is and facing reality.

Your basically (to give another example) saying that if someone went into Brixton and shouted "n*gger" at the top of their voice and someone stabs them, you expect them to just put up with that abuse and do nothing?

I'm simply saying ......... do something stupid, expect stupid things to happen.

No more, no less.

If that teacher was giving a lesson on "free speech" as you say, then I hope his students learned that yes we have free speech, but that doesn't mean you can abuse people by thinking you can say whatever you want to whomever and not expect consequences.


If people are offended by cartoons, then they CHOOSE to be offended.
Moral of the story, stop being a soft little bitch and carry on.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 26569
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:32 am

Dejan wrote:If people are offended by cartoons, then they CHOOSE to be offended.
Moral of the story, stop being a soft little bitch and carry on.


Big mood.

If I see a racist or sexist cartoon that was created to offend people, I think the artist or person showing it to get a reaction is a dipshit, then I move on with my life. I don't go seeking them out to murder them.

Again, if anyone feels like they have to defend a dead guy's honor by murdering someone, then they need to move somewhere where that barbarism is acceptable.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:39 am

Phil71 wrote:DG, again they are two completely different things. Shouting racial abuse in the street is in itself an aggressive act and yes, may well be met in turn by aggression.


Also, you can't change your race, but you can change your religion (ideology).

If an ideology can't stand up to a little scrunity or piss taking, then maybe it's not worth having.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests