In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am

Hes always hated the media since they killed his mum. This is a route out for him away from the circus. He can go and live in the mountains in Canada and have a completely different life

Will cause a headache for the security men though
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Don't really follow the royal family so someone tell me why Meghan is hated so much?

I only know her as the awesome Rachel from Suits. Since being married I assume she's just done what most royal family members do. F all.

Why the hatred? Prefer her over any of the others.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:56 pm

Ach wrote:Don't really follow the royal family so someone tell me why Meghan is hated so much?

I only know her as the awesome Rachel from Suits. Since being married I assume she's just done what most royal family members do. F all.

I think her American style PC crusade turns peoples noses the wrong way, I know I get put off by it.

I don't follow the Royal family but having a Millennial style American running rough shod with all their Hollywood ethics and morality speeches isn't what I want to see from the Royal family to be fair.

I prefer Diana's approach where she quietly went about supporting charities or gave the odd shout out to a specific cause, I'm not fond of American PC culture as it is, I'd rather not give it a Royal platform.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Ach wrote:Don't really follow the royal family so someone tell me why Meghan is hated so much?

Who said she's hated?

I think most people are just disinterested in her. As much as they are disinterested in many of the Royals
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm

UFGN wrote:Hes always hated the media since they killed his mum. This is a route out for him away from the circus. He can go and live in the mountains in Canada and have a completely different life

Will cause a headache for the security men though

He can become a beaver trapper which is ironic because he was trapped by a beaver.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm

VAR has been used to look into the dispute between the USA V IRAN situation and has awarded a goal to Liverpool.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:24 pm

:lol:
Nuggets wrote:VAR has been used to look into the dispute between the USA V IRAN situation and has awarded a goal to Liverpool.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:40 pm

An article in the Telegraph put it perfectly: Meghan wanted to be Michelle Obama more than a Royal. When she realized how orthodox the old firm is, with its almost red-tape approach, and the bureaucracy within, of course she wanted out. But not too out to miss out on the pie.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Why is their still a Royal Family at all in the year 2020?

Is it just people afraid to let go of tradition?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dc16 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Keeps people like Nicholas Witchell of the BBC and other ‘Royal Commentators’ in a job I guess.

I preferred Harry in his wild Las Vegas party days when he used to get trashed and shag anything with a pulse.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pm

VCC wrote::lol:
Nuggets wrote:VAR has been used to look into the dispute between the USA V IRAN situation and has awarded a goal to Liverpool.

Mate - you have to look at the vid I posted in the YouTube funnies thread.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I think her American style PC crusade turns peoples noses the wrong way, I know I get put off by it.

I don't follow the Royal family but having a Millennial style American running rough shod with all their Hollywood ethics and morality speeches isn't what I want to see from the Royal family to be fair.

I prefer Diana's approach where she quietly went about supporting charities or gave the odd shout out to a specific cause, I'm not fond of American PC culture as it is, I'd rather not give it a Royal platform.

True. I knew that she'd be a problem from the very start. Remember the last time a yank married into the Royal family, it didn't end well and looks likely to be mirroring it here. The media may have a go at her, but it is because of her actions rather than anything else. Of course being a PC Yank, she likes to play the race card despite the fact that many people don't even consider her as black and that isn't why she is being scrutinised.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:55 pm

StLGooner wrote:Why is their still a Royal Family at all in the year 2020?

Is it just people afraid to let go of tradition?

................ nope, checks and balances.

An expensive one yes but its just comforting considering our history and yours where we see a non-traditional country like the USA which was founded on private enterprise instead of Feudalism meaning there was no moral connection between your rulers and the people hence why everything is for sale including your health.

Don't get me wrong Kings and the aristocracy have treated us like sh*t throughout history but a King / Queen see's it as the country they are annointed to rule and so we are "their" people.

Through serfdom the monarch has in previous times had to protect the people, house the people etc, in America its every man for himself with corrupt politicians having all the say.

.............. you can't bribe a Queen or King, their position is not up for grabs every 4 years.

I would take our queen's morals over any politician America has ever produced.

Here's a thought, would Nazi Germany have ever been able to happen if they had our Queen with a Royal army?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Presidents, Dictators, Prime Ministers, Ambassadors, Sheikhs..... they all go weak at the knees when faced with the Queen.

Im not even a royalist but thats a stone cold fact reported by multiple sources over decades
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:38 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

True. I knew that she'd be a problem from the very start. Remember the last time a yank married into the Royal family, it didn't end well and looks likely to be mirroring it here. The media may have a go at her, but it is because of her actions rather than anything else. Of course being a PC Yank, she likes to play the race card despite the fact that many people don't even consider her as black and that isn't why she is being scrutinised.

It's not about being a "yank." It's Meghan Markle who's an actress and loves attention. Harry is the same. Meghan wanted to be universally adored like Michelle Obama—going around with her charities, talking about poverty and climate change, going to night-time shows with Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, etc., and being praised for how humanitarian and humane she was.

None of that was going to happen as a Royal. You're bounded to the system for life as one. Plus, she's a businesswoman. There's no way she could kill that businesswoman in her and live in privacy. Publicity is what she seeks. And it's not wrong either. It's just that Harry and Meghan miscalculated the whole gig, which isn't surprising in Meghan's case but in Harry's case, yeah, what was he thinking?

If Harry had indeed married a genuine philanthropist, none of this would be happening. It wouldn't matter what her race or nationality was.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee