In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:56 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Shocking and unfortunate.
The kid should not have run and then when he turned, unfortunately his arms raised up from a hidden position from his belt line as he turned. Poor kid just panicked.

Yeah but the problem is ........ he was told to stop and put his hands up, he complied and the cop just shot him, pathetic.

If your so edgey then don't tell him to raise his fkin hands, tell him to keep his arms down and stand still.

The kid was 13 ffs, a year ago he was 12 yrs old, they're not built to handle a situation with guns pointed at them, the American cops again failing for being trigger happy Cowboys.

The police are supposed to be trained to only fire as a last resort, that rule just doesn't seem to exist in America.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
The kid should not have run and then when he turned, unfortunately his arms raised up from a hidden position from his belt line as he turned. Poor kid just panicked.

Yeah but the problem is ........ he was told to stop and put his hands up, he complied and the cop just shot him, pathetic.

If your so edgey then don't tell him to raise his fkin hands, tell him to keep his arms down and stand still.

The kid was 13 ffs, a year ago he was 12 yrs old, they're not built to handle a situation with guns pointed at them, the American cops again failing for being trigger happy Cowboys.

The police are supposed to be trained to only fire as a last resort, that rule just doesn't seem to exist in America.

In some American inner cities 13 year olds are regularly shooting at each other and the police.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 am

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 am

Another shooting in America. FedEx victims. 8 dead
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

All cops are going to be edgy I would imagine.
The only way to stop these kind of incidents is to change the procedure.
Like I said, I see no real value in cops chasing people on foot in this day and age. The less TJ Hooker wannabe's the better.

I don't think the kids age is relevant. He was still a potentially lethal threat to the police officer.

As for the kid complying - he didn;t really.
He ran and stopped at place that had some cover - presumably to get rid of the gun he had.
When he put his arms in the air he spun around way too quickly and his right hand was hidden for much of the movement.
Cops have a split second to make a decision - it was wrong on this occasion, but on another occasion, a delay could have cost the officer his life.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:24 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

All cops are going to be edgy I would imagine.
The only way to stop these kind of incidents is to change the procedure.
Like I said, I see no real value in cops chasing people on foot in this day and age. The less TJ Hooker wannabe's the better.

I don't think the kids age is relevant. He was still a potentially lethal threat to the police officer.

As for the kid complying - he didn;t really.
He ran and stopped at place that had some cover - presumably to get rid of the gun he had.
When he put his arms in the air he spun around way too quickly and his right hand was hidden for much of the movement.
Cops have a split second to make a decision - it was wrong on this occasion, but on another occasion, a delay could have cost the officer his life.

Tricky one, but if the cop knew he was chasing an armed person, then he was brave to do that in the first place and clearly ready to be shot at. He just wasn't prepared to take the chance of being killed. These kids need to wise up fast!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Chris Smalling the latest footballer to suffer a home invasion robbery.

Robbers broke into his house in Rome at about 4am today and forced him to hand over money and jewellery under threat of hurting his wife & kids.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:36 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56768217

Little shit was armed

From what I read an older guy gave him the gun to run off and dispose of it when they saw cops coming.

The entire point though is that ....... the kid complied!!

What is the point of issuing a command and the person obey's it if they're going to get shot anyway?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Phil71 wrote:Chris Smalling the latest footballer to suffer a home invasion robbery.

Robbers broke into his house in Rome at about 4am today and forced him to hand over money and jewellery under threat of hurting his wife & kids.

They were making him an offer he couldn't refuse, standard Italian mafia practice.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:15 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56768217

Little shit was armed

From what I read an older guy gave him the gun to run off and dispose of it when they saw cops coming.

The entire point though is that ....... the kid complied!!

What is the point of issuing a command and the person obey's it if they're going to get shot anyway?

He didn't comply, though.
He initially ran.
That immediately puts the officer on high alert.
Then - and this is the unfortunate and sad part - in complying in terms of putting his hands up he did it in a way that the officer could not possibly know whether he was going for a gun or not.
Hands should have gone up straight. No turning, THEN slowly turn around with hands high at all times.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:24 am

Yep. He's got a gun, then he runs, he's still got a gun, then he discreetly ditches the gun in the dark and in the same movement turns around to face the officer whilst lifting his arm.

I'd have shot him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Hands should have gone up straight. No turning, THEN slowly turn around with hands high at all times.

What 13 year old who has his adrenaline pumping is going to think about putting their hands up step by step?

I just rewatched it, he didn't turn in an abnormally fast manner anyway and his hands were up as he did so.

The officer shit the bed.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hands should have gone up straight. No turning, THEN slowly turn around with hands high at all times.

What 13 year old who has his adrenaline pumping is going to think about putting their hands up step by step?

I just rewatched it, he didn't turn in an abnormally fast manner anyway and his hands were up as he did so.

His hand was hidden as he turned. The motion of turning and putting hands up gave the officer no choice but to protect his own life.
I get that the kid panicked. I already said so. It's unfortunate and sad, but the officer did what he had to do to protect his own life.
The main problem I have is why it was necessary in the first place to chase down a 13-year-old kid on foot. If there was a significant threat, get the helicopter up and track him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:26 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Exactly.

Shoot first, think later, that is the problem.

Its not like this was some tattooed up muscle gangster.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

Exactly.

Shoot first, think later, that is the problem.

Its not like this was some tattooed up muscle gangster.

Sorry but a bullet shot by a 13 yr old is the same as a bullet shot by a 'tattooed muscle gangster'.

Shoot first, think later in THAT situation is exactly right.
Officers don't have a second to think. They react to danger and a kid with a gun turning to face the officer with his hand hidden is a direct threat to the officers life.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee