In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:39 am

Phil71 wrote:1.3 million over 75s have refused to pay their TV licence fee.

Good luck to them. If the BBC prosecute it will be the end of them as a publicly funded organisation.

Why is your TV licensing situation so outdated?

I couldn't imagine actually paying a direct fee to watch TV for a public broadcaster. Just be normal and take the funding from tax revenue in other areas (like increase income tax and sales tax by a nominal amounts or w/e), grants, donations, and underwriting by foundations and businesses.

Also, technically having to pay the fee to watch live TV, even if the broadcast is coming from a different country? Dafuq?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:08 am

LMAO wrote:

Good luck to them. If the BBC prosecute it will be the end of them as a publicly funded organisation.

I couldn't imagine actually paying a direct fee to watch TV for a public broadcaster. Just be normal and take the funding from tax revenue in other areas (like increase income tax and sales tax by a nominal amounts or w/e), grants, donations, and underwriting by foundations and businesses.

Also, technically having to pay the fee to watch live TV, even if the broadcast is coming from a different country? Dafuq?

The BBC is funded by the licence fee so that it doesnt have to rely on advertising.

Right wingers cry bitter tears of rage over its "bias against the right" (read "doesnt suck right wing cock hard enough for their liking")

This is despite recent and current senior managers of the BBC being actual members of the Tory party. Yes, really.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:49 am

UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:

The BBC is funded by the licence fee so that it doesnt have to rely on advertising.

Right wingers cry bitter tears of rage over its "bias against the right" (read "doesnt suck right wing cock hard enough for their liking")

This is despite recent and current senior managers of the BBC being actual members of the Tory party. Yes, really.

Say, for instance, I moved to London. I want to watch an ongoing series on a channel—like an actual channel, not Netflix or Hulu—that shows a new episode every Tuesday night. Would I still have to pay the BBC tax even if I didn't plan on watching 'live' TV? I'd assume no, and I'd just have to pay for a TV package, right?

Idk if I'm overthinking it, but it all seems unnecessarily convoluted from an outsider's perspective. This is one of the areas where I definitely appreciate the US. Pay for a certain tier of TV package, get those channels. But even if you don't pay for a package, and as long as you don't live out in the boonies, you can still get a television antenna to watch OTA channels for free.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 am

It's become a politically correct monstrosity.

The sooner the better it is deprived of tax payer funding. I wouldn't care if it just disappeared.

Lefty liberals love it as it mirrors their own persistent virtue signalling. Look at us! We employ more black, gay and disabled people than you, whether they're the best candidates or not - therefore we are morally superior to you.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:07 am

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Say, for instance, I moved to London. I want to watch an ongoing series on a channel—like an actual channel, not Netflix or Hulu—that shows a new episode every Tuesday night. Would I still have to pay the BBC tax even if I didn't plan on watching 'live' TV? I'd assume no, and I'd just have to pay for a TV package, right?

Idk if I'm overthinking it, but it all seems unnecessarily convoluted from an outsider's perspective. This is one of the areas where I definitely appreciate the US. Pay for a certain tier of TV package, get those channels. But even if you don't pay for a package, and as long as you don't live out in the boonies, you can still get a television antenna to watch OTA channels for free.

As long as you're not watching live TV, you don't need a licence. The one thing that British TV has over american is that there are fewer ad breaks disrupting programming and much less blatant product plugging during the programmes.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Phil71 wrote:It's become a politically correct monstrosity.

The sooner the better it is deprived of tax payer funding. I wouldn't care if it just disappeared.

Lefty liberals love it as it mirrors their own persistent virtue signalling. Look at us! We employ more black, gay and disabled people than you, whether they're the best candidates or not - therefore we are morally superior to you.

Exactly, UFGN tries to pretend this bias doesn't exist but its plastered all over their BBC iPlayer, even ITV or C4 can't remember which had some sort of "Black TV month" section I saw the other day.

I'll tell you what it is that makes me eye roll the most, is that I have to be subjugated to a load of White Liberals in Londons guilt complex, yet they insult even more because apparently, no one exists in this world except black and white people.
They want to be PC and multicultural yet they focus 95% on black people, people who aren't white Lib or black, what does this do for us? your not going to get a pat on the back from me because you claim diversity yet you exclude 90% of people on the earth, how the fk is that diverse? but when you do things only to soothe your own selfish conscience then your bound to miss the point aren't you.

I'd rather you just put the programmes on, rather than sign post them like exhibitions in their own little category.

When programmes like "Desmonds" on C4 came out in the late 80's early 90's, it was good to watch and it didn't need to be put on some weird selected channel or "black only" slot just so these sycophant libs could circle jerk each other to death of how diverse they are, Fresh Prince of Bel Air as well ........... did that need sign posting "ITS A BLACK PROGRAMME" no it didn't, no one even mentioned colour yet it was exclusively black cast and was very popular.

What a sh*t state societies in, all these d*ck heads thinking they're leading the charge yet black actors / programming has been prevalent since the early 90's.

Where do you think Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Wesley Snipes, Spike Lee and the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnn came from?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Exactly, UFGN tries to pretend this bias doesn't exist but its plastered all over their BBC iPlayer, even ITV or C4 can't remember which had some sort of "Black TV month" section I saw the other day.

I'll tell you what it is that makes me eye roll the most, is that I have to be subjugated to a load of White Liberals in Londons guilt complex, yet they insult even more because apparently, no one exists in this world except black and white people.
They want to be PC and multicultural yet they focus 95% on black people, people who aren't white Lib or black, what does this do for us? your not going to get a pat on the back from me because you claim diversity yet you exclude 90% of people on the earth, how the fk is that diverse? but when you do things only to soothe your own selfish conscience then your bound to miss the point aren't you.

I'd rather you just put the programmes on, rather than sign post them like exhibitions in their own little category.

When programmes like "Desmonds" on C4 came out in the late 80's early 90's, it was good to watch and it didn't need to be put on some weird selected channel or "black only" slot just so these sycophant libs could circle jerk each other to death of how diverse they are, Fresh Prince of Bel Air as well ........... did that need sign posting "ITS A BLACK PROGRAMME" no it didn't, no one even mentioned colour yet it was exclusively black cast and was very popular.

What a sh*t state societies in, all these d*ck heads thinking they're leading the charge yet black actors / programming has been prevalent since the early 90's.

Where do you think Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Wesley Snipes, Spike Lee and the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnn came from?

Have you seen how many TV ads have interracial families or couples? Not black families or Indian families and so on. It has to be mixed inter/racial.

It's like they are all scared that they'll be seen as less PC than the next one.

The BT Sport one trumps them all with an interracial gay couple (male). No doubt someone will come up with an interracial disabled gay couple who have a gender neutral mixed race child.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:Have you seen how many TV ads have interracial families or couples? Not black families or Indian families and so on. It has to be mixed inter/racial.

It's like they are all scared that they'll be seen as less PC than the next one.

The BT Sport one trumps them all with an interracial gay couple (male). No doubt someone will come up with an interracial disabled gay couple who have a gender neutral mixed race child.

That's the issue, its a fashion trend for half these people, something to get PC points with.

As I said, if it was coming from a genuine place of inclusion there would be programmes about Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern, South American ....... you name it.

But no, it has to be black or gay, what does that tell you, is that really about wide scale inclusion or is it an agenda?

The sign posting is probably the worst of all, it makes black and gay people look like a school project rather than actual people.

This sums it ALL up here, perfect example of white liberals who think black people are a project they studied in college.

These poor little darlings actually think they're the good guys and people who disagree are the problem, judging from this video, its actually they who are the problem, if I were black I'd be fkin insulted.

Lady at 3:28 got it spot on "They're putting us in a category" ........... just like the BBC does.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Have you seen how many TV ads have interracial families or couples? Not black families or Indian families and so on. It has to be mixed inter/racial.

That's the issue, its a fashion trend for half these people, something to get PC points with.

As I said, if it was coming from a genuine place of inclusion there would be programmes about Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern, South American ....... you name it.

But no, it has to be black or gay, what does that tell you, is that really about wide scale inclusion or is it an agenda?

The sign posting is probably the worst of all, it makes black and gay people look like a school project rather than actual people.

This sums it ALL up here, perfect example of white liberals who think black people are a project they studied in college.

These poor little darlings actually think they're the good guys and people who disagree are the problem, judging from this video, its actually they who are the problem, if I were black I'd be fkin insulted.

Lady at 3:28 got it spot on "They're putting us in a category" ........... just like the BBC does.

My God.

:rofll:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Exactly.

The Liberal way is set up to teach that black people are inferior so they can pet them on the head and go "Awww" and make them their victim project.

Its degrading, and this is who they march with.

............ with friends like these.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:04 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:

If you own a TV, you have to have a TV licence. I think if you only have a laptop for example youre ok
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Cry me a river Snowflake

Corbynistas hate the BBC too so maybe its just all knobheads

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:21 pm

^ So no actual comment on what's being said to contribute to the discussion just a cheap snark remark / reply.

But then again, bit difficult to argue when its true?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby dc16 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

He did another video asking white people if the police needed defunding to which they all replied yes. Then went to Harlem and they all told him that it was a mad idea that would only lead to the breakdown of the local community and society in general.

Used to love Desmonds. Porkpie!!!
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:09 pm

dc16 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He did another video asking white people if the police needed defunding to which they all replied yes. Then went to Harlem and they all told him that it was a mad idea that would only lead to the breakdown of the local community and society in general.

Used to love Desmonds. Porkpie!!!

And Matthew.

In the Gambia...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee