In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:37 am

VCC wrote:
LMAO wrote:
VCC wrote:Massive landslide victory for Aderns Labour party in the NZ election biggest win in years for NZ 's most popular PM for 50 years

The way she's listened to the experts and led your country through this pandemic (so far) has been nothing short of exemplary.

I also saw where that "Ok, Boomer" girl won a seat for the Greens in Auckland :lol:

That was only one of two seats that Labour held that swung away from them the other was to the Maori party

The Boris Johnson for her swap deal is still on offer
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 am

Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:Hiding behind the freedom of speech crap to insult someone's religion needs to be stopped.

There was no reason whatsoever for this teacher to teach what he was teaching other than to mock Islam. And he's an idiot cos Islam much like in any other religion has their c**** who take it over the top.

Should've been sacked but we seem to be an easy target these days for the uneducated muppets.

I grew up in the 70s watching people like Dave Allen mocking the Cathoilc church like you wouldn't believe.

Catholics tut at it and switch it off. Maybe write a letter of complaint.

Muslims cut people's heads off.

If people in a liberal and enlightened country want to mock religion they should be free to do so without worrying about having extreme violence committed against them.

If people are so brainwashed by religion that they feel compelled to cut someone's head off when they mock their religion they should f**k off to a country where they won't see that sort of thing.

So if people want to be racist in the West, we should let them?

And don't hide behind the Islam isn't a race crap lol

I'm Muslim. I wouldn't cut anyones head off for this but I'd find it offensive.

This idiotic teacher knew what he was doing and unfortunately he paid for it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 am

Ach wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:Hiding behind the freedom of speech crap to insult someone's religion needs to be stopped.

There was no reason whatsoever for this teacher to teach what he was teaching other than to mock Islam. And he's an idiot cos Islam much like in any other religion has their c**** who take it over the top.

Should've been sacked but we seem to be an easy target these days for the uneducated muppets.

I grew up in the 70s watching people like Dave Allen mocking the Cathoilc church like you wouldn't believe.

If people in a liberal and enlightened country want to mock religion they should be free to do so without worrying about having extreme violence committed against them.

If people are so brainwashed by religion that they feel compelled to cut someone's head off when they mock their religion they should f**k off to a country where they won't see that sort of thing.

So if people want to be racist in the West, we should let them?

And don't hide behind the Islam isn't a race crap lol

I'm Muslim. I wouldn't cut anyones head off for this but I'd find it offensive.

This idiotic teacher knew what he was doing and unfortunately he paid for it

Sounds like you think he deserved it.

And no - islam isn't a race. It's a religion. A lifestyle choice. Nothing more.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:05 pm

LMAO wrote:Imagine thinking your god is omnipotent yet being so insecure that you murder someone over a caricature of a person who died almost a millennia and a half ago.

Is the drawing disrespectful to Muslims? Maybe. Is a drawing worth murdering someone over? Miss me with that.

That's because you have no faith and simply don't understand.

Religion teaches people to be zealous and loyal of their faith and everyone knows that muslims have said from day one "Please do not show images of our prophet".

The attitude toward religion is 100 years behind in the East, they still respect their religion.

Don't even get me started on what Catholics have done in the name of god, they've butchered, burned and murdered their way through Europe, just because Western society has shed most of the dogma that doesn't mean you get to act anyway you want towards others.

I think religion is a load of horse sh*t, but do I go up to Catholics and say Jesus is a Pedo and your God is a made up piece of crap? ........... people today have completely forgotten that actions have consequences because we live in an age where w*nkers whip their phones out at every confrontation and use it like a shield to grass people up.

I have no sympathy, that teacher chose his actions, I'm not saying the response was just, I'm saying he chose to take that risk.

The moral of the story is, was it worth it simply to be edgey and insult someones religion? how about good old fashioned respect and being polite for your fellow man?
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Phil71 wrote:

............. but in the real world the situation is this.

Yes the West is more modern to their attitude toward the Catholic faith and religion in general but your Gov't has let in millions of people from countries where religion is still respected.

That's the situation you've been put in, yes we are free to do as we want (that's actually not true anymore, hate speech or offending people is practically a crime) but then with that you must accept that people are free to react to your offense of their religion in whatever way they are going to react.

Right or wrong, if you court ill will, its going to be returned to you.

I completely get where you coming from, the English way is to have a laugh at these things now, but that is not what others are like, rudeness in the Middle East, or Eastern countries sets people off over there.
But we're living no different to America now, where we have a mixed society, no point in saying "go back to where you come from" its not happening, its well beyond that, the world is global now.

The Spanish feel exactly the same way about English people acting like lager louts yet we still live over there in great numbers along the Costa Del sol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Imagine thinking your god is omnipotent yet being so insecure that you murder someone over a caricature of a person who died almost a millennia and a half ago.

Is the drawing disrespectful to Muslims? Maybe. Is a drawing worth murdering someone over? Miss me with that.

Religion teaches people to be zealous and loyal of their faith and everyone knows that muslims have said from day one "Please do not show images of our prophet".

The attitude toward religion is 100 years behind in the East, they still respect their religion.

Don't even get me started on what Catholics have done in the name of god, they've butchered, burned and murdered their way through Europe, just because Western society has shed most of the dogma that doesn't mean you get to act anyway you want towards others.

I think religion is a load of horse sh*t, but do I go up to Catholics and say Jesus is a Pedo and your God is a made up piece of crap? ........... people today have completely forgotten that actions have consequences because we live in an age where w*nkers whip their phones out at every confrontation and use it like a shield to grass people up.

I have no sympathy, that teacher chose his actions, I'm not saying the response was just, I'm saying he chose to take that risk.

The moral of the story is, was it worth it simply to be edgey and insult someones religion? how about good old fashioned respect and being polite for your fellow man?

I can't get behind this at all.

If I moved to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, or Afghanistan, then I better keep my atheism under wraps.

If I moved to Thailand, then I better not insult the king.

etc. etc. etc.

Same thing just in reverse. Muslims immigrating to Western, secular societies need to adapt to the local culture rather than the other way around. If they don't like it, then they can always turn around and emigrate to a place where their views are more accepted. Plenty of Muslims have adapted to Western culture, but like f**k if the extremists think Western culture is going to acquiesce to their outdated norms.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:09 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

The moral of the story is don't trust Muslims - a religion that indoctrinates children to become murderers is unacceptable in any society, despite what a few backward thinking idiots like you might try and justify with bullshit faith arguments.

When was the last time a Catholic, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu teenager beheaded a French school teacher for showing a class pictures?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:11 am

Ach wrote:
VCC wrote:
LMAO wrote:
VCC wrote:Massive landslide victory for Aderns Labour party in the NZ election biggest win in years for NZ 's most popular PM for 50 years

The way she's listened to the experts and led your country through this pandemic (so far) has been nothing short of exemplary.

I also saw where that "Ok, Boomer" girl won a seat for the Greens in Auckland :lol:

That was only one of two seats that Labour held that swung away from them the other was to the Maori party

The Boris Johnson for her swap deal is still on offer

That would be a NO from me
But TY for the offer
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 am

Don't trust Muslims lol

Like I said previously we are an easy target for uneducated muppets.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Well done to the German court.

We need decisions like that over here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nship.html
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 pm

EliteKiller wrote:The moral of the story is don't trust Muslims - a religion that indoctrinates children to become murderers is unacceptable in any society, despite what a few backward thinking idiots like you might try and justify with bullshit faith arguments.

When was the last time a Catholic, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu teenager beheaded a French school teacher for showing a class pictures?

So your actually spreading hate speech now, congratulations, those exact words "Don't trust the Jews" were used in Nazi Germany, what a pr*ck.

"bullshit faith arguments" are you some sort of r***rd?

The right to practice ones faith freely and not be discrimated against is protected in Western law.

"Catholic, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu teenager beheaded a French school teacher for showing a class pictures"
Probably because none of them have rules where that's an offence you bellend.

Also "teaches children to murderers" again your ignorance is flaming here, religion being used to fuel people and attract them for war has been going on since the dawn of time, its happened in the Catholic relgion plenty of times on mass scale.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:The moral of the story is don't trust Muslims - a religion that indoctrinates children to become murderers is unacceptable in any society, despite what a few backward thinking idiots like you might try and justify with bullshit faith arguments.

So your actually spreading hate speech now, congratulations, those exact words "Don't trust the Jews" were used in Nazi Germany, what a pr*ck.

The right to practice ones faith freely and not be discrimated against is protected in Western law.

"Catholic, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu teenager beheaded a French school teacher for showing a class pictures"

Also "teaches children to murderers" again your ignorance is flaming here, religion being used to fuel people and attract them for war has been going on since the dawn of time, its happened in the Catholic relgion plenty of times on mass scale.

You're talking about things that happened hundreds of years ago.

That only goes to prove how backward that particular faith is in so many ways.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Phil71 wrote:Well done to the German court.

We need decisions like that over here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nship.html

So what's your view on the Catholic religion then?

If your going to take this view of as that DM suggested that Islam is not compatible with German society then what about the Catholic religion.

Doesn't the bible say something about killing or stoning all men who lay with other men?

hmmmm.

The fact is and this is my point all along is you have two conflicted lines here.

No1 - All religions are not compatible with Western society to one degree or another, treatment of animals, homophobic, acceptable killings ........ you name it, there will be something in the bible, torah, quran which will be against the law / society.

No2 - Western Law states someone should be able to practice their fath without discrimination, so if the guy didn't want to shake her hand due to religion then that should of been protected under that law.
E.g if they offered him a Ham sandwich and he refused would they deny his citizenship based on that? or told him to toast his certificate with a glass of wine and he refused?

If so then the rules need to be clarified because currently Western law or at least German law is at odds with itself, because the laws state to be accepting, yet that incident is exclusive.

Fact is today bashing Islam which doesn't effect you in your daily life has just become an excuse for the Far Right to do a modern version of "P*ki bashing" they know they can't use race anymore so they pick on the next best thing which is their religion to pick fights with them.
Its pretty obvious.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:30 pm

Germans being petty.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:30 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You're talking about things that happened hundreds of years ago.

That only goes to prove how backward that particular faith is in so many ways.

Firstly I stated in my previous post that their attitude toward religion is 100 years behind the West.

Secondly its not backward, its true faith, the difference is in the West religion has been altered or "reinterpreted" to keep up with modern society .......... its been watered down.
If you take Catholic relgion in its true form its not compatible either.

You can't stick up for Catholic over Islam just because they either re-wrote it or dropped bits out altogether, that's a cop out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee