In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:50 pm

Very sad that that young woman was murdered in South London, but I'm a bit puzzled by the vigils and huge media binge about violence against women.

There were about 700 murders in the UK last year. 525 of them were men. 175 women.

I think the attention should be on male homicides.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-58738771

Good to see jail time is being served
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Wayne Couzens jailed for life

An ex copper hated by the police and the people he is locked up with.

Let justice take it's course
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Terrible crime but very unusual to get a whole Life sentence for one murder. Yes exceptional circumstances but nevertheless.

The justice system released Colin Pitchfork a few weeks back after serving 33 years of a Life sentence for raping and murdering TWO 15 year old girls.

They also released David McGreavy in 2019 after serving 46 years of a Life sentence for murdering three children aged 9 months, two years and four years. He cut their throats before impaling them on garden railings.

I'm not saying this copper doesn't deserve whole life. Many murderers do. But I think he only got whole Life because it's a high profile case and if he appeals the sentence he will have a chance of getting it reduced based on previous precedents.

The justice system is pretty f***ked to be honest. Inconsistent and corrupt.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:21 am

Phil71 wrote:Terrible crime but very unusual to get a whole Life sentence for one murder. Yes exceptional circumstances but nevertheless.

The justice system released Colin Pitchfork a few weeks back after serving 33 years of a Life sentence for raping and murdering TWO 15 year old girls.

They also released David McGreavy in 2019 after serving 46 years of a Life sentence for murdering three children aged 9 months, two years and four years. He cut their throats before impaling them on garden railings.

I'm not saying this copper doesn't deserve whole life. Many murderers do. But I think he only got whole Life because it's a high profile case and if he appeals the sentence he will have a chance of getting it reduced based on previous precedents.

I don't think either of those should be let out either, but he was in a position of authority and totally abused it and he should have a long sentence in my opinion. He was there to uphold the law not use it to his adavantage.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Terrible crime but very unusual to get a whole Life sentence for one murder. Yes exceptional circumstances but nevertheless.

I don't think either of those should be let out either, but he was in a position of authority and totally abused it and he should have a long sentence in my opinion. He was there to uphold the law not use it to his adavantage.

Yes of course.

I don't dispute the length of his sentence.

Disturbing that he was such a weirdo that his colleagues called him 'the rapist', and none of them were surprised to hear he had committed this offence.

You have to wonder how such a man could have continued in the job, never mind be given a police firearm.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:25 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm

Phil71 wrote:Very sad that that young woman was murdered in South London, but I'm a bit puzzled by the vigils and huge media binge about violence against women.

There were about 700 murders in the UK last year. 525 of them were men. 175 women.

They keep saying more needs to be done to protect women, like what ? What can be done to protect a woman walking alone at night through a park or whatever ?!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:36 pm

LMAO wrote:

Seems to be more evidence here - was following it yesterday - than the previous claims.
Would be amazing if the police could corroborate this with DNA evidence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Very sad that that young woman was murdered in South London, but I'm a bit puzzled by the vigils and huge media binge about violence against women.

They keep saying more needs to be done to protect women, like what ? What can be done to protect a woman walking alone at night through a park or whatever ?!

Well quite…..it’s just not realistic! Since the dawn of time, men have assuaged their primitive urges and it ain’t going to stop any time soon.

Of course the way to stop or at least reduce these crimes, is to introduce medieval punishments for such offences, but clearly that ain’t gonna happen either!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Rockape wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Well quite…..it’s just not realistic! Since the dawn of time, men have assuaged their primitive urges and it ain’t going to stop any time soon.

Of course the way to stop or at least reduce these crimes, is to introduce medieval punishments for such offences, but clearly that ain’t gonna happen either!

The entire subject is dumb and I'm learning more and more to not pay any attention to these band wagon talking points made by complaining sections of our society and the media.

Banging on against violence against women like you can actually control scum bags who do things like this, is the sort of Left wing feminist BS I'm sick to death of.

Just because you can "Cancel" someone on Twitter, these fkin idiots actually think they can cancel rapist and murderers????

Its laughable.

Fk them, let them have their vigils and when another one gets killed next month let them stand around wailing wondering why its not working.

Learning how to defend yourself or carrying around rape equipment or panic button stuff on them would be a lot more effective than just complaining that murderers and rapists shouldn't murder and rape like they'll respect and abide by your opinion.

The very men these groups attack like us, are the same men women and girls used to rely on in the old days to protect them from other men trying to make you their victim.
But we've all been told to stand down, we're too violent and have toxic masculinity apparently, no longer needed.

............ plus if I saw a women being raped and beat up the rapist I'd probably get done for assault, so society can go whistle as far as I'm concerned, I help my friends and family and that's it.

I was the sort of guy that if I saw something happening in the street or on a train etc, I'd of helped the victim, now, these days .......... it would take a lot for me to bother, you get no thanks for heroics in today's society.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:19 pm

I just hope they don't start changing the law to put men at a disadvantage with a rape allegation.

I have a daughter who of course I want the law to protect, but I also have two sons, and I don't want their rights and protection within the law to be removed or even reduced.

The law is fine as it is.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Phil71 wrote:I just hope they don't start changing the law to put men at a disadvantage with a rape allegation.

I have a daughter who of course I want the law to protect, but I also have two sons, and I don't want their rights and protection within the law to be removed or even reduced.

The law is fine as it is.

I agree. Despite the attempt at Trial by Media, we must still stand by that right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a trial of your peers guaranteed to us by the Magna Carta.

By all means, bring more cases to trial. But all they need to do in terms of changing the law is grant the same level of protection to the accused as well as the victims just in case the allegation is proven to be false.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:36 am

China’s Xi calls for ‘peaceful’ reunification with Taiwan

Chinese leader Xi Jinping said on Saturday that a “peaceful” reunification of Taiwan with China’s mainland was in Beijing’s interests, despite ratcheted up military threats against the self-governing island.

Xi spoke at an official celebration in Beijing’s Great Hall of the People that focused largely on the need for the ruling Communist Party to continue to lead China as the country rises in power and influence.

“Reunification of the nation must be realized, and will definitely be realized,” Xi vowed before an audience of politicians, military personnel and others gathered in the hulking chamber that serves as the seat of China’s ceremonial legislature.

“Reunification through a peaceful manner is the most in line with the overall interest of the Chinese nation, including Taiwan compatriots,” the leader added.

Xi’s remarks came just days after the Chinese military sent a record number of military aircraft flying towards Taiwan in exercises that the self-ruled island has called a threat. Over the course of four days, starting last week, the mainland People’s Liberation Army flew fighter jets, bombers and airborne early warning aircraft 149 times towards Taiwan, with the largest single maneuver involving 52 jets.

https://apnews.com/article/xi-jinping-t ... 9052c4000a

Best of luck to Xi. The CCP has about a 15-year window or it'll probably never happen since demographic issues are going to start hitting China hard in the upcoming decades.

At this point, I don't even know if the CCP's primary goal in securing Taiwan is for the end to their century of humiliation or to break the first island chain or even control Taiwan's semiconductor industry. The CCP seems legitimately shook that Taiwan has proven Han Chinese can accept and thrive in a liberal democratic society (cough Hong Kong cough), and they don't want mainlanders to start getting ideas.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
I was the sort of guy that if I saw something happening in the street or on a train etc, I'd of helped the victim, now, these days .......... it would take a lot for me to bother, you get no thanks for heroics in today's society.

Having been on the receiving end of being a good samaritan blowing up in my face in spectacular style I often think thrice before stepping in, I weigh up EVERY avenue before doing so. Happened when I was 21/22 and to this day I'm not so fast to help others.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee