In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Dejan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:36 am

DiamondGooner wrote:The guy got mad after being tasered and went for a knife in his car against armed police.

Who wants to justify this idiots actions now?

You could argue the shooting was excessive until he fully brandished the weapon however note, there were children and other members of the public there plus he could of been reaching for a gun.

I can't see how anyone can defend this idiots actions, he gave the cop all the legal excuses he needed to fire.

............... and yet BLM were all over this like it was a miscarriage of justice and caused rioting.

That is domestic terrorism.

The fact that they compare this to Greens case where he was murdered being non-threatening at all is a disgrace.

Fully agree.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Abe stepping down as Japan's PM citing health concerns.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Left wing anarchists are fuelling the blm stuff and causing more black people to get killed.

The best thing black people in America can do to reduce deaths at the hands of the police is to fully comply when they encounter police officers.

That will increase their chances of surviving the incident manyfold.

Getting riled up by the blm and antifa fire stokers and then refusing to comply when you encounter the police will seriously increase your chances of getting shot.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:41 pm

LMAO wrote:Abe stepping down as Japan's PM citing health concerns.

Lincoln had a good run!
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 am

In the news today, in a near tragic incident at the zoo a young child fell into the African lions enclosure and was immediately approached by a huge female lion, a white guy on his break, who had been quietly watching a nearby Brexit speaker talking about racism, saw what happened and without a moment's hesitation leapt into the enclosure, punched the lioness, grabbed the child, and jumped out again ...

The BBC headline - "White supremacist Brexiter assaults African female and steals her lunch" ... sounds about right.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:24 am

EliteKiller wrote:In the news today, in a near tragic incident at the zoo a young child fell into the African lions enclosure and was immediately approached by a huge female lion, a white guy on his break, who had been quietly watching a nearby Brexit speaker talking about racism, saw what happened and without a moment's hesitation leapt into the enclosure, punched the lioness, grabbed the child, and jumped out again ...

The BBC headline - "White supremacist Brexiter assaults African female and steals her lunch" ... sounds about right.

:clap: :clap: :lol:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:21 am

EliteKiller wrote:In the news today, in a near tragic incident at the zoo a young child fell into the African lions enclosure and was immediately approached by a huge female lion, a white guy on his break, who had been quietly watching a nearby Brexit speaker talking about racism, saw what happened and without a moment's hesitation leapt into the enclosure, punched the lioness, grabbed the child, and jumped out again ...

Yep.

And no doubt followed up by a series of short films on the BBC website about how that African female has managed to come to terms with it all and get on with her life.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Another shooting of a black man by police, this time in LA. He was riding a bike unlawfully.

Why even stop him? Do the cops have nothing better to do?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:03 pm

StLGooner wrote:Another shooting of a black man by police, this time in LA. He was riding a bike unlawfully.

That is not all of the story. I don't what he was doing wrong on the bike. But he did run off, punched a cop, then fell over at which time they saw he had a semi automatic handgun. Details to follow no doubt, but in the meantime let's all assume it was a racially motivated shooting?

A reasonable person would stop, ask what was he doing wrong and go his way. But if you are carrying an illegal gun things would get a bit more sticky.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:15 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Another shooting of a black man by police, this time in LA. He was riding a bike unlawfully.

That is not all of the story. I don't what he was doing wrong on the bike. But he did run off, punched a cop, then fell over at which time they saw he had a semi automatic handgun. Details to follow no doubt, but in the meantime let's all assume it was a racially motivated shooting?

Doesn't matter whether it was racially motivated or not, if they shot him just because they saw a gun and he wasn't trying to pull it on them it's an unjust killing.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 pm

A reasonable person would stop, ask what was he doing wrong and go his way. But if you are carrying an illegal gun things would get a bit more sticky.

I know it's not all of the story. But I can't think of a crime important enough to stop a black man from riding a bike these days. Unless someone reported he had a gun. Otherwise, what harm was he doing? Serious question

But even then, I read he dropped some clothes on the ground along with the gun and then continued to run. So he dropped the gun and ran, and they still felt the need to shoot apparently. Did they not see the gun on the ground? I don't know, but my point was why even stop the guy? Do they stop white people doing the same supposed crime? I doubt they do it as much.

Again, nothing proves it was racially motivated, but questions must be asked. In these delicate racial times, you would think that a white cop seeing a black guy riding a bike unlawfully wouldn't be something that they need to pursue, cause it' usually something stupid like having no helmet, or riding in the wrong lane, or not stopping at a sign or light, which I've never seen anyone get stopped for. I'd really like to know what the crime is though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:44 pm

StLGooner wrote:

I know it's not all of the story. But I can't think of a crime important enough to stop a black man from riding a bike these days. Unless someone reported he had a gun. Otherwise, what harm was he doing? Serious question

But even then, I read he dropped some clothes on the ground along with the gun and then continued to run. So he dropped the gun and ran, and they still felt the need to shoot apparently. Did they not see the gun on the ground? I don't know, but my point was why even stop the guy? Do they stop white people doing the same supposed crime? I doubt they do it as much.

Again, nothing proves it was racially motivated, but questions must be asked. In these delicate racial times, you would think that a white cop seeing a black guy riding a bike unlawfully wouldn't be something that they need to pursue, cause it' usually something stupid like having no helmet, or riding in the wrong lane, or not stopping at a sign or light, which I've never seen anyone get stopped for. I'd really like to know what the crime is though.

I would too.

The flip side is that cops are on a "hair trigger" these days because so many are being shot. Also given the cops did stop him and he was carrying an illegal gun who was he going to shoot with it? Was it for self defence? Perhaps, but doubt he had a permit in SOCAL for a gun that nobody else is supposed to have. The one thing all these shootings have in common is that guy being killed or shot was doing something illegal at the time, had warrants out, they fought with the cops or were high out of their minds. Put yourself in the Cop's position.

We will find out in due time.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:54 pm

This implied argument that a shooting victim partially brought the shooting on themselves because they ran from the police is really sinister. Ive heard it used several different times. Running from the police is not a capital offence. Sorry, let them run if youre too fat to stop them without shooting.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:58 pm

StLGooner wrote:

I would too.

The flip side is that cops are on a "hair trigger" these days because so many are being shot. Also given the cops did stop him and he was carrying an illegal gun who was he going to shoot with it? Was it for self defence? Perhaps, but doubt he had a permit in SOCAL for a gun that nobody else is supposed to have. The one thing all these shootings have in common is that guy being killed or shot was doing something illegal at the time, had warrants out, they fought with the cops or were high out of their minds. Put yourself in the Cop's position.

We will find out in due time.

Trust me, I understand that cops have a very difficult job. BLM could go a long way with understanding that too.

I also realize that in many cases being talked about, some of these things could have been avoided if the person would just not have resisted arrest. I also know that police violence on black people isn't as bad as the world is wanting us to think it is right now, statistically speaking. Well as far as black people dying at least. I've read people stating that black people get killed by the police more than twice a week, and that is just BS if you believe the statistics.

But like I have said before, I've been in a few instances myself where the black person was treated worse than the white person (myself included), and then of course most of us have seen all the videos of white people getting away with things black people don't. Now I realize those are just random videos, and that the media doesn't report white people getting beaten up by police unjustifiably, but there is still a small portion of the police force that is bad, we can assume racist as well, and just maybe pure evil. And for an organization that is put in place to help and protect people, we just can't have that. Most of us can make mistakes in our profession and nobody is harmed, but they can't. They almost have to be perfect, especially in a nation where they have to assume everyone has a gun.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The one thing all these shootings have in common is that guy being killed or shot was doing something illegal at the time, had warrants out, they fought with the cops or were high out of their minds. Put yourself in the Cop's position.

If you are a police officer and your mindset is to shoot first when you encounter someone doing something illegal or with warrants out then you have no business being a cop.

You're going to be dealing with people doing stuff illegal or with warrants out every day, that's what the job inherently entails.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee