In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Out and out, what I don't like about BLM and these protests is that the excuse is "Because I'm black".

Firstly they make everything about colour and it isn't, secondly they act like any bias or racism they recieve doesn't happen to anyone else but them, thirdly I think its a bit cheeky to go to any country and be 2-3 generations in and turn around and trash the nations history, the very nation you've obviously chosen to move your family to, why, because that history allowed England to become what it is today opportunity and freedom wise.

In America they have half a point, Police abuse is terrible in America and bad police do seem to ready to abuse black civilians, but wtf are they moaning about in England I don't know?

The real problem is cultural and class, people old enough have seen it in England with the white working class, remember the riots against Thatcher?

Rich people will always discriminate against someone, you don't need to be black for that.

............. in fact I wouldn't mind HH or anyone from a black persons perspective, tell me what the BLM marches in the UK are actually about? because to me it looks likes pure bandwagoning on an American problem not a UK one.

DG I think I saw you say something about being some kind of history buff due to job/occupation or so. Well if that is the case I am sure you know why blacks and asians came to the UK in the first place in great numbers? They were invited over from the commonwealth to help rebuild the country after the second World War. They were greeted with signs like "No blacks, no Irish, no dogs" on doors of pubs, accommodation and some vacancies signs for companies had "no coloureds/blacks".

Need I remind you about the entire Windrush scenario, why they came in boatloads to the UK and how they were treated. So you saying you think it is a bit cheeky that black people have the audacity to try to change or trash a nations history after 1 or 2 generations of being here - a history that saw my grandfather travel from the Caribbean to Europe to fight for the queen/king/whoever ....... voluntarily - is a f***ing liberty mate!

Black people fought for this nation and died!! Black people were asked to come to this nation to help rebuild it. Black people were subjected to hatred and racial discrimination when they answered the call and here we are in 2020 and black people are still victimised and subjected to institutionalised racism!! But YOU think they are being over the top/cheeky for asking to be treated fairly.

I didn't expect such bullshit from you of all people DG, I expected far better man. Trash a nations history, for calling for slave owners not to be celebrated??? You can sit there having never experienced slavery, in your comfortable world and diminish the cruelty of it, but I refuse to. No slave owner should be celebrated.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:32 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:In America they have half a point, Police abuse is terrible in America and bad police do seem to ready to abuse black civilians, but wtf are they moaning about in England I don't know?

I saw a video of protesters chanting 'hands up dont shoot' at our police who were fully armed with f***ing pepper spray. I think people forget where they are sometimes.

I know, it is laughable to compare policing in the UK with ANYWHERE else to be honest. Anytime I go abroad and see those no-nonsense police, it reminds me that our police force is tame in comparison.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:34 am

LMAO wrote:
VCC wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:The CCP secret police now working and set up in Hong Kong that's the end of that then.

Watch out world.

What are the chances the Chinese are funding BLM and the other Marxist and Communist organizations? :think: They sure come out the winners in all this.

Reports of them sterilizing or forcing birth control on Uighurs and other minorities.

Biggest problem is everyone signing up to upgrades of their communication networks designed and built by china

Europe is going to regret it if they go through with allowing Chinese 5G infrastructure.

At least Canada, Australia, and India are rejecting Chinese 5G infrastructure. And South Korea and Japan are building their own networks.

Im hopeful Boris sees sense and kicks Huawei to the curb. My dislike of China and their practices is sky high.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 am

theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:
VCC wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:The CCP secret police now working and set up in Hong Kong that's the end of that then.

Watch out world.

What are the chances the Chinese are funding BLM and the other Marxist and Communist organizations? :think: They sure come out the winners in all this.

Reports of them sterilizing or forcing birth control on Uighurs and other minorities.

Biggest problem is everyone signing up to upgrades of their communication networks designed and built by china

Europe is going to regret it if they go through with allowing Chinese 5G infrastructure.

At least Canada, Australia, and India are rejecting Chinese 5G infrastructure. And South Korea and Japan are building their own networks.

Im hopeful Boris sees sense and kicks Huawei to the curb. My dislike of China and their practices is sky high.

I agree they have a lot to answer for, the whole world needs to sit up and see what's going on they are very dangerous and they need to be brought to account.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 am

Firstly, I asked for your opinion and you've given it so I'll answer.

theHotHead wrote:DG I think I saw you say something about being some kind of history buff due to job/occupation or so. Well if that is the case I am sure you know why blacks and asians came to the UK in the first place in great numbers? They were invited over from the commonwealth to help rebuild the country after the second World War. They were greeted with signs like "No blacks, no Irish, no dogs" on doors of pubs, accommodation and some vacancies signs for companies had "no coloureds/blacks".

I study history, its not for work though, yes people of the West Indies were indeed invited and yes, the welcome was hardly the red carpet, I know that, Asians had the same treatment.

theHotHead wrote:Need I remind you about the entire Windrush scenario, why they came in boatloads to the UK and how they were treated. So you saying you think it is a bit cheeky that black people have the audacity to try to change or trash a nations history after 1 or 2 generations of being here - a history that saw my grandfather travel from the Caribbean to Europe to fight for the queen/king/whoever ....... voluntarily - is a f***ing liberty mate!

No it isn't, white English built this entire country from scratch, I would be here all day going through the phases of history that it took to get England where it is now, the blood that's been spilled, the wars fought, I'm sorry but 1-2 gen have absolutely no right at all to open their mouths about a nations history in comparison to those that actually built the whole thing.

My Great Grandfather fought in WWII as did thousands of Great Grandfathers across the nation.

theHotHead wrote:Black people fought for this nation and died!! Black people were asked to come to this nation to help rebuild it. Black people were subjected to hatred and racial discrimination when they answered the call and here we are in 2020 and black people are still victimised and subjected to institutionalised racism!! But YOU think they are being over the top/cheeky for asking to be treated fairly.

No, I think its over the top / cheeky to be ghost writing what's actually happening rather than telling it how it is.

As you said its 2020 where is the institutionalised racism? how are you victimised? give examples not empty slogans copied from America.

Because right now your talking as if its the 1960's, its not, your talking about things you didn't even live through.

theHotHead wrote:I didn't expect such bullshit from you of all people DG, I expected far better man. Trash a nations history, for calling for slave owners not to be celebrated??? You can sit there having never experienced slavery, in your comfortable world and diminish the cruelty of it, but I refuse to. No slave owner should be celebrated.

You haven't experienced the cruelty of slavery either, also I wouldn't assume about "comfortable world" you don't know what I grew up with or my journey.
As for the slave owners bit, Churchill wasn't a slave owner and this is more than just about statues.
The statue thing didn't even get mentioned until the protests were well under way.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:48 am

My ancestors were dirt poor peasant farm labourers in Ireland, where you'd be hung for stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family, or your children would be transported in chains to Australia if they stepped out of line by looking at the local gentry in the wrong way.

And they weren't black.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:56 am

.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 am

If based on how my ancestors were treated I consistently put it into my children's heads that the English don't like you, and you shouldn't trust the English, and you shouldn't take orders from the English, and don't let those English coppers tell you what to do, and the English justice system won't give you justice and so on, their attitude would stink, and they'd never be anything in life.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 pm

DG, to avoid a long reply, I personally have not experienced any real racism apart from dickheads shouting shit as they drive past, the odd drunk on a night out and some stuff in school. If you want to know about institutionalised racism just Google it. I have 2 cousins that work for the Police, both have confirmed experiences of casual racism toward them from colleagues. There are numerous accounts of racism institutionalised in the armed forces. Racism in the NHS where BAME staff make up a higher number of lower level roles than white people, racism in universities regarding admissions of BAME students. You would have to be pretty naive if you think it doesn't exist everywhere.

Black people DID come to England to help rebuild after the Second World War, that is a fact. I specifically mentioned that and did not mention the building of the UK prior to the Second World War.

I don't need to know about your world DG, all I need to know is that it wasn't a patch on the difficulty, horror, abuse and torture of that which the slaves endured. The entire slavery history is one where people should rightly hang their heads in shame and those that try to belittle the impact of slavery by saying it happened years ago and that it didn't affect me are blinded by ignorance. If it didn't affect me then there would be far more black people in positions of power across the world than there are now, there would be far more wealthy black people and far more middle class black people in Britain than there are now. So asking for known slave owners/traders to have their statues removed should be a non-issue, considering what they represent.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.

Wait, where are these Pakistanis that were taken to Dutch, British, Spanish, Portuguese and French colonies as part of the slave trade ? What about the Chinese and muslims that endured the same ? Now before some dumbass jumps up to claim that there were slaves everywhere, right, but not taken from their country of birth and sold as part of a trade in countries with people of a different ethnicity - as recently as the 1900s and less than 100 years ago !

You see everyone else is getting on with it LOOOOL. More fool them, black people are standing up against it like we always have. Others can suffer or .. jump on the bandwagon, up to them.

You talk about Victimhood, who in recent history suffered such level of abuse by different group (so not Russians against Russians for example) in similar numbers ? The only people I can think of are the Jews, and they have fought tooth and nail to have their suffering recognised. Try denying the Holocaust in certain countries and you will end up in jail. It has f**k all to do with being a victim.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:10 pm

In fact now we are on the subject, Asians are some of the most racist people on Earth. I say that specifically targeting Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis and Chinese, all of which I have experienced racism from first hand. From being completely blanked (ignored) by some when seeing them on the street (but being friends with them in college), to dating them and them telling me their parents would kill them if they knew they dated a black guy. To being told point blank by Chinese people that Chinese people see blacks as second class citizens - Chinese friends of mine being honest.

I grew up with all of these cultures, they would come to our house and play and eat food, we were never invited to their houses. Where a white guy might be accepted as a partner by an Asian family for a black guy to be accepted - all of the stars better align cos that shit is rare. but by far the most hurtful thing was being ignored by people you knew when you saw them out in public, because their parents/family would not approve.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:

Do you really believe that?

Disgusting as the practice was, slaves were worth money. There's no way anyone would use them as alligator bait.

Besides - those postcards are from the 1900s. My guess is they were designed as some sort of comedy postcard. Of course, still a reflection of how things were back then.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:Prss to be honest now I don't think there is very much of it at all (racial profiling socially), I mean I have been all over the place to all sorts of events and I am always treated nicely. Sometimes you get the odd "door gestapo" with their clipboards on a power trip outside an exclusive club but I don't tend to go to those places much. I don't give them the satisfaction either, if I see them acting like pricks I just leave.

If I am at a nice place and see hoodrats enter I typically get dismayed, I don't like riff raff when I am out being classy. So I am guilty of being as class-ist as anyone else! :lol:

That is what I hoped. It's the same here as far as I know, and given my family is mixed race and full on Asian I am confident that is so.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:In fact now we are on the subject, Asians are some of the most racist people on Earth. I say that specifically targeting Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis and Chinese, all of which I have experienced racism from first hand. From being completely blanked (ignored) by some when seeing them on the street (but being friends with them in college), to dating them and them telling me their parents would kill them if they knew they dated a black guy. To being told point blank by Chinese people that Chinese people see blacks as second class citizens - Chinese friends of mine being honest.

I grew up with all of these cultures, they would come to our house and play and eat food, we were never invited to their houses. Where a white guy might be accepted as a partner by an Asian family for a black guy to be accepted - all of the stars better align cos that shit is rare. but by far the most hurtful thing was being ignored by people you knew when you saw them out in public, because their parents/family would not approve.

:clap:

My wife who is ethnically second Chinese says the exact same thing from the other "side". Her dad never would even meet me, and I am a white guy. She dated Hispanic and Black guys in school and it caused all sorts of problems.

Try being a mixed Black/Korean kid in Seoul (offspring of US soldiers and locals lasses), second class citizens even under law until about a decade ago.

The Chinese (and Koreans, Japanese) have restricted immigration to maintain an ethnically pure society, thus they do not have the same issues and aggro we have in the west.

In modern India to this day if you are Tamil (Dravidian) who are far darker than those from the north you are seen as lesser in socialtal terms and that goes beyond the caste system. Look in the classified ads and notices in the Chenal Times. There is a whole section devoted to people declaring they have converted TO Hinduism simply because they can not get better jobs as Christians, Muslims or other religions. In Nepal, especially southern Nepal where I worked there is discrimination against those who's families migrated from the border areas near Tibet who look and have Chinese features.

Racism takes all sorts of guises and is not just about "white supremacy" . As I have posted before...I challenge anyone to point out a culture or country that was not involved in the slave trade or practiced slavery. (Do not say the Swiss because they bankrolled slave trading companies.)
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee