In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:22 pm

UFGN wrote:Great... until it's you who's being told this, and it's the second time this week by the same officers

As I say, I have to do it every time I fly.

No problem. It’s for my safety.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Great... until it's you who's being told this, and it's the second time this week by the same officers

Would you listen to yourself? You're comparing going on a plane with going to the shops
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Asinine comparison.

You don't fly every day, but people are out and about walking daily.

I don't want to be stopped and searched walking to my corner shop.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Would you listen to yourself? You're comparing going on a plane with going to the shops

Ridiculous
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

The comparison is good enough.

Getting on a plane used to be a seamless experience. Now it’s not. That is because criminals have caused the authorities to introduce measures that inconvenience people.

I fly every other week. Many people fly more often than that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

It's a terrible comparison.

People go out every day multiple times a day.

Being searched before boarding a plane is warranted, being search while walking to get some milk is not.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Being searched before boarding a plane is warranted, being search while walking to get some milk is not.

It has to be done.

If it was young white men killing each other I’d have no problem with the police stopping and searching my son. I’d tell him to be polite and get on with it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Getting on a plane used to be a seamless experience. Now it’s not. That is because criminals have caused the authorities to introduce measures that inconvenience people.

All I can say is I hope it happens every week to you

You'd soon change your tune

So far from you today we've had lock people up but don't tell them how long for, and search black people with impunity just in case

I think maybe you're a bigger problem than some of the criminals you've been discussing. Your vision of how this country should be is horrendous
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

So far from you today we've had lock people up but don't tell them how long for, and search black people with impunity just in case

I think maybe you're a bigger problem than some of the criminals you've been discussing. Your vision of how this country should be is horrendous

Oh right.

So those criminals you were saying earlier that should be given a chance to rebuild their lives... it’s them you want the police to stop and search every day.

You contradict yourself.

And you’re one of the hand-ringing liberals that Trevor Philips wants rid of. You don’t want stop & search but have no other ideas. Just leave things as they are and hope it goes away if you tell everyone to love each other.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Oh right.

So those criminals you were saying earlier that should be given a chance to rebuild their lives... it’s them you want the police to stop and search every day.

You contradict yourself.

And you’re one of the hand-ringing liberals that Trevor Philips wants rid of. You don’t want stop & search but have no other ideas. Just leave things as they are and hope it goes away if you tell everyone to love each other.

Again..... You're comparing your idea of keeping people locked up in prison and not telling people when they'll be released......

With mine of searching them for weapons

You really are king of the dishonest comparison

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:37 am

All I know is for years in Chicago they didn't want the police around, now the epidemic of gang violence is so bad, locals are begging the cops to come and enforce the law but its almost too late and it seems the Gov't in Washington has practically written off the state.

.......... and these are American cops who throw people on the hood and rough them up, but its got so bad now its either a bit of harassment or bullets flying through the neighbourhood, children and all sorts have been hit by stray bullets over there.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:56 am

DiamondGooner wrote:All I know is for years in Chicago they didn't want the police around, now the epidemic of gang violence is so bad, locals are begging the cops to come and enforce the law but its almost too late and it seems the Gov't in Washington has practically written off the state.

.......... and these are American cops who throw people on the hood and rough them up, but its got so bad now its either a bit of harassment or bullets flying through the neighbourhood, children and all sorts have been hit by stray bullets over there.

There's good reason black people in America don't trust the police, especially when shit like this happens:
https://wgntv.com/2018/11/11/multiple-wounded-in-robbins-bar-shooting-police-say/

Can't even do your job and be a good Samaritan without getting bodied by cops.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:All I know is for years in Chicago they didn't want the police around, now the epidemic of gang violence is so bad, locals are begging the cops to come and enforce the law but its almost too late and it seems the Gov't in Washington has practically written off the state.

I really don't buy this "community" not wanting to be policed thing.

Criminals don't want to be policed, their families sometimes don't want to be policed, and idiots often back them up

The police im afraid are often simply cowardly. They don't want to tell people about themselves, they don't want to confront and arrest a people who prevent them from doing their work even though they've got video evidence of thugs trying to prevent arrests of other thugs

Go back in the next day and nick those c**** as well.

The 2012 riots were a good example. I'm not saying the situation was easy for the police but they didn't help themselves. Most of the people arrested for looting and rioting had gang affiliations and / or criminal records.

These were not law abiding people not wanting to be policed, it was scum not wanting to be policed

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 pm

UFGN wrote:

I really don't buy this "community" not wanting to be policed thing.

Criminals don't want to be policed, their families sometimes don't want to be policed, and idiots often back them up

It exists believe me.

Certain communities have this us against them attitude.

Its something that's ingrained to not rat or talk to the police, it might not be so prevalent these days but it was definitely a thing in yesteryear.

Whether it was the Italian Americans, the Chinese, black areas, lots of places to be honest, they have this veil of silence when it comes to talking to the police.

I admit, I have that as well, maybe it was just how I grew up but there are not many instances where I would ever call the police.
I'd sooner deal with an incidence first then call them after to deal with the aftermath and make sure I'm not incriminated for anything.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

It has to be done.

If it was young white men killing each other I’d have no problem with the police stopping and searching my son. I’d tell him to be polite and get on with it.

This isn't true. You might think it's true, you might truly believe it, but it isn't true.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee