In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:54 am

As Dirty Harry might say - "I figure she ain't out collecting for the Red Cross. "
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Also how the hell do they expect the officer to know she was a "child"?

As I said he rolled up and this all happened in less than 20 seconds of his arrival.

He sees one girl turn on another with a knife and acts to save her.

Exactly, it's a perfectly justified use of force. But what I hate is the media dog-whistling this by always putting her skin colour in the headline and then only mention she was armed and threatening someone's life further down at a point that someone has already been baited and won't fully grasp the facts.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:07 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Also how the hell do they expect the officer to know she was a "child"?

As I said he rolled up and this all happened in less than 20 seconds of his arrival.

It's not just the media - it's the White House ... the US Executive Branch of the Govt now engaged in race-baiting to cause trouble.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 am

jayramfootball wrote:

It's not just the media - it's the White House ... the US Executive Branch of the Govt now engaged in race-baiting to cause trouble.

The whole fooking system is going to shit over there, they will rue the day they let mob forces take precedence over justice. As for the white house, getting involved is a fooking joke the senile one doesn't know what day it is let alone anything else, it's him number 2 stirring the shite, I wonder why lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

The whole fooking system is going to shit over there, they will rue the day they let mob forces take precedence over justice. As for the white house, getting involved is a fooking joke the senile one doesn't know what day it is let alone anything else, it's him number 2 stirring the shite, I wonder why lol

Not just there. It's getting worse over here as well.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Its just been discovered that an Italian hospital employee has been skipping work for 15 years and getting paid this whole time.

I'm crying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 822571.amp
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:08 pm

Read that. He should keep the money cos of his jobs stupidity
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Its just been discovered that an Italian hospital employee has been skipping work for 15 years and getting paid this whole time.

I'm crying.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources.

Probably mafia.

It's a well known extortion method used by the mafia in Italy and America. They get people 'employed' and draw the salary, but they never show up for work. The employer or manager is under pain of death if they say anything.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Its just been discovered that an Italian hospital employee has been skipping work for 15 years and getting paid this whole time.

I'm crying.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources.

Probably mafia.

It's a well known extortion method used by the mafia in Italy and America. They get people 'employed' and draw the salary, but they never show up for work. The employer or manager is under pain of death if they say anything.

Good shout.

I saw that on The Sopranos often.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I'm crying.

Probably mafia.

Good shout.

I saw that on The Sopranos often.

In the eyes of the law it makes it much harder to prove than simply showing up and demanding money with menaces.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56853980

Few minutes away from where I live. Go past there on the way to work. He was one of my cousins students.

He was defending his friend.

This is in daylight. Someone must've seen something.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56853980

Few minutes away from where I live. Go past there on the way to work. He was one of my cousins students.

He was defending his friend.

This is in daylight. Someone must've seen something.

Surely his friend saw the whole incident from up close?

He must be the star witness.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:14 pm

Knife crime is way out of hand in London - police need far more power.
It's over 50 incidents a day now.
Death from knife attacks is 1 every 3 days.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee