In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:50 am

Agree with the outcome, not the reasoning.

In cases like this, I'm all for letting the free market determine a business's merits. If customers decide that they don't agree with the owners' views, then the owners will be forced to change their business model/public views or risk going under.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Well I take issue with this statement though ..................

"The UK's highest court ruled that Ashers bakery's refusal to make a cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage was not discriminatory."

............. well it is.

Its just that some levels of discrimination are justified if it goes against your own willingness to participate in something you don't want to.

If they're happy to write "Happy birthday" or "Happy fathers day" or anything for that matter but don't want to write the Gay marriage thing then by definition you are discriminating.

The simple principle is that people should not be forced to promote a political cause that they find offensive. Finally we have that precedent confirmed and it is a great victory for freedom of expression in this country (nice to have one at last)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 am

I think the use of the term 'discriminatory' within the law in cases like this refers to being unfair or prejudicial.

I agree with the ruling. I wonder if the gay people deliberately went to that bakery knowing that they might get a refusal.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think the use of the term 'discriminatory' within the law in cases like this refers to being unfair or prejudicial.

I agree with the ruling. I wonder if the gay people deliberately went to that bakery knowing that they might get a refusal.

Wouldn't put it past them, especially given in recent years the courts have always tended to go with the homosexuals over religious freedom plus the initial issue happened shortly after Parliament introduced the gimmick of same-sex "marriage" so you can understand why they might have that bravado.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Wouldn't put it past them, especially given in recent years the courts have always tended to go with the homosexuals over religious freedom plus the initial issue happened shortly after Parliament introduced the gimmick of same-sex "marriage" so you can understand why they might have that bravado.

Hi Mods

If this stupid c*** is allowed to mouth off, I'll just call the thick streak of piss all the names under the sun

Fairs?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Aye Kanye us a coon for real.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Aye Kanye us a coon for real.

Wot wot wot?

:shock:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 pm

My goodness

What a man :think:

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Hi Mods

If this stupid c*** is allowed to mouth off, I'll just call the thick streak of piss all the names under the sun

Fairs?

:lol:

Regarding the discussion.

I consider myself a mans' man, I box (used to compete), I'm a bit old school as in I grew up in the 80's and 90's and haven't "got with" the millennial crowd etc I only use Facebook and What'sapp nothing else.

However ............ if it were my business I would of just baked the fkin cake, taken the money and wish them well.
Its just a bit of icing, if I own a cake bakery to make money then that's what I'm going to do, sell cakes people want!

Its the same thing as same sex marriage, its not that I "agree" with it, its more, I don't actually care, if two people want to get married then who fkin cares, they have the same right to be as happy / miserable as anyone else.

Homosexuality is like Baseball to me, I pay no attention to it, its not for me, I don't understand it and don't care to .............. but I know there are people out there who like Baseball, good for them, different strokes, literally lol.

People who get all caught up in it and hate them etc, tbh I just don't get that, life's too short to be concerning yourself that has nothing to do with you or effects you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:05 am

UFGN wrote:

My goodness

What a man :think:

He's dead to me. His music is out of rotation along with R Kelly.

Tbh I just feel sad thst the closest people around him are more concerned with the money he makes them than him as a human.

He's being exploited to the highest degree and he can't even see it ffs.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:48 am

Obama: Kanye's a jackass.

Me:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:55 am

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Hi Mods

Fairs?

Hardly mouthing off when I'm not swearing or being abusive, merely expressing a view that is reasonably held. I will note that I have never sworn at you even in the face of all the swearing and rude names you direct at me.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Hi Mods

Fairs?

Hardly mouthing off when I'm not swearing or being abusive, merely expressing a view that is reasonably held. I will note that I have never sworn at you even in the face of all the swearing and rude names you direct at me.

Shut up and get back under your rock you pathetic slug

I don't have to justify calling a racist, homophobic idiot whatever I want

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 am

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Hi Mods

Fairs?

Shut up and get back under your rock you pathetic slug

I don't have to justify calling a racist, homophobic idiot whatever I want

I'm not going to respond in kind to that. However I forgive you for your rudeness.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee