In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:35 am

Hearing that 2 of the cops were in their third and fourth day on the job and they did speak up. I did notice one of them did look out of place looking sheepish and lost.

Do they not wear body cams over there?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:58 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNklYaYZJw

No idea who this black woman is but what a great speech/rant/whatever.

Candice Owens ......... god help us.

Occupation: Female African American mouth piece for the Republicans.

Her gift is to make a great point then in the next sentence make one of the dumbest points known to man.

.............. she doesn't even believe in climate change.

Unfortunately for her she's a smart girl but like so many Americans falls victim to party agenda politics creating their conclusions dumbing down their IQ.

One American I greatly admire for his ability to be neutral before making a decision is Joe Rogan, I find he doesn't make up his mind until he's heard the information first.

Back to Candice my problem with her statement is that she's missed the point, no one is saying George Floyd is a saint ........... the point is an American citizen, unarmed, in cuffs, not resisting arrest and already safely detained should not be executed in broad daylight, on camera by police who are paid to make arrests on guilty parties ONLY and serve and protect.

They are not Judge, Jury and executioner and too many times they've been caught rag dolling and even killing citizens for the most minor of infractions, some completely innocent.

They are way too often using excessive force and abusing citizens civil rights.

She's using George Floyd to deflect from the point of general Civil Rights, she also says black people are the only race to promote and stick up for criminals in their community .......... but no ones saying don't arrest criminals, that's not the argument.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Cops have been kneeling and hugging with protesters all day today seen via the news clips.

Guess they've decided on a change of tact, seems to be working to de-escalate the tensions.

American police and politicians need to start to change their ways, some of them act like Nazi Storm Troopers, only video has allowed things to get to this point, its been happening for decades but when people can't see it they've been able to sweep it under the carpet.

No, 99% of Americans including police are appalled at the killing. You have no clue because you get your generalizations from media that have no clue or are lying to you. And you lap it up issue after issue. Only a fool is happy to fool themselves.

Your getting boring now, because yoru constantly putting words in my mouth and its aggitating.

This issue has been going on for decades, if 99% of people, police and politicians were against Police brutality this would of been nipped in the bud 20 years ago ........... but its still going on today.

You obviously have no concept of "Confilct of interest" otherwise you'd see why its been going on for so long.
Not to mention 99%, why, because its being caught on video phone every month and they
can't cover it up anymore ........... where was the will for condemning and change before?

All you are is trapped in this American media bubble and think I and others think that way to, I KNOW everyone is condemning it, what choice do they have? when the fk did I say they weren't??

............ but real condemnation comes in the form of action, finally, now because of the outrage from multiple video viewings the authorities have no where to run and so are bowing to the pressure, this has been going on since before Rodney King.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Im a bit confused by white people kneeling. If you didnt do it, or are not a racist, why should you feel responsible or say sorry?

Also, in one silent protest here in the netherlands, white people were told that they should be sitting in the back, as the black deserve to be sitting up front.. a bit confusing if u ask me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Or the social pressure of having to post something about racism onnyour social media. Thankgod i dont have social media.

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:55 pm

Dejan wrote:Im a bit confused by white people kneeling. If you didnt do it, or are not a racist, why should you feel responsible or say sorry?

Also, in one silent protest here in the netherlands, white people were told that they should be sitting in the back, as the black deserve to be sitting up front.. a bit confusing if u ask me

:dontknow:

Even as someone who's half-black and half-white and a part of both communities as a result, I think it's retarded. Not all white people are responsible and not all black people deserve an apology. I could see the white community saying they'll stand with the black community and fight alongside for equality because that makes sense, but to beg for forgiveness for something those people didn't directly do, idk it's just...dumb.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:11 am

Dejan wrote:Im a bit confused by white people kneeling. If you didnt do it, or are not a racist, why should you feel responsible or say sorry?

Because Cancel culture is real lol.

There's so many "Super Lefties" out in this b*tch, I just stay well clear, they wouldn't of lasted 10 minutes in the 90's.
A lot of them act like they have emotional issues when they start getting carried away and screaming and crying into megaphones.

Its just not for me, that whole scene.

Dejan wrote:Or the social pressure of having to post something about racism onnyour social media. Thankgod i dont have social media.

I don't post anything about this sort of stuff on FB, I think its embarrassing, speaking of which its been an absolute trash camp on FB this week, I've seen arguments and all sorts.

This is a place for discussion hence why I don't mind doing it here because that's the point.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNklYaYZJw

No idea who this black woman is but what a great speech/rant/whatever.

Candice Owens ......... god help us.

Occupation: Female African American mouth piece for the Republicans.

Her gift is to make a great point then in the next sentence make one of the dumbest points known to man.

.............. she doesn't even believe in climate change.

Unfortunately for her she's a smart girl but like so many Americans falls victim to party agenda politics creating their conclusions dumbing down their IQ.

One American I greatly admire for his ability to be neutral before making a decision is Joe Rogan, I find he doesn't make up his mind until he's heard the information first.

Back to Candice my problem with her statement is that she's missed the point, no one is saying George Floyd is a saint ........... the point is an American citizen, unarmed, in cuffs, not resisting arrest and already safely detained should not be executed in broad daylight, on camera by police who are paid to make arrests on guilty parties ONLY and serve and protect.

They are not Judge, Jury and executioner and too many times they've been caught rag dolling and even killing citizens for the most minor of infractions, some completely innocent.

They are way too often using excessive force and abusing citizens civil rights.

She's using George Floyd to deflect from the point of general Civil Rights, she also says black people are the only race to promote and stick up for criminals in their community .......... but no ones saying don't arrest criminals, that's not the argument.

Candice Owen lived it. She was born into poverty, worked her way through college. Saw the light of what she and others call "plantation politics" and has been ridiculed for having a mind of her own. That sir is what I would call Biden/Sharpton level racism for power. These cities that are burning now have been "led" by Dem politicians for decades and nothing gets better. Schools suck, policing sucks, black on black violence increases and the right gets called racist for pointing out that 19 black people were killed in Chicago just this week? How is Minniapolis, DC or Baltimore Trumps's fault?

Her point is that he is now a symbol more than a man. When Sharpton shows up...look out. Where is the outrage over the many thousands of black owned businesses that were torched or the mass gang drive bys in inner cities? Only on the right and the we are accused of trying to "steal" the balck vote which the same corrupt politicians take for granted?

Joe Rogan...yes. And if you have listened to him very long his views have changed from being liberal to actually seeing the reality. I do not agree with him on everything but I admire his willingness to see all sides and dig for truth. He asks WHY, and that is my philosophy on life and issues as well. Always ask why someone is motivated to act or say something. And in doing so set aside biases as best as possible.

As for Kennedy and Nixon. If ever there was privileg white or not it is that second and following generation of Kennedy's that is it. Bush comes close second. Kennedy was very conservative economically AND bigoted socially. He slashed the tax rates, he championed rational economics, he understood the threat of Communism. But then he also started the Vietnam war, tried to invade Cuba, had MLK wire tapped and use the FBI in much the same manner Obama did against his rivals and the civil rights movement. He was a hero when alive and more so when he was shot. I believe and I was just old enough to recall his death, his legacy would be far different. Lets not forget it was his and Johnson's policies that led to the rioting at the Chicago Dem convention in 1968. Nixon gets blamed for that but to be accurate, he ended Vietnam by withdrawing after scaling down. (The same will happen in Afghanistan under Trump as the Taliban will be in power and twenty years of blood and treasure wasted by not just the US but the west, just hope we do not see the same sort of scenes as we did in Saigon). Nixon opened up relations with China which at the time was seen as good. He enacted all sorts of clean water and air regulations that made massive improvements in water and air quality here. The same river in Cleveland that was literally on fire in the 60s once now has clean water and great fishing. Same for the Great Lakes and the LA River. Acid rain was addressed and fixed. Yes he had a dark side, he f***ked up in covering up the break in. America was shocked, as was England as I still lived there.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dc16 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:07 pm

It's interesting and slightly amusing that Joe Rogan was always mocked for being right wing and a right wing sympathiser during his more moderate liberal days.

I can't doubt the range of guests and voices that he has on his podcast and it's really nice to have the option of listening to that type of long-form media and being able to switch on and tune out for a couple of hours.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:27 pm

LMAO wrote:

Even as someone who's half-black and half-white and a part of both communities as a result, I think it's retarded. Not all white people are responsible and not all black people deserve an apology. I could see the white community saying they'll stand with the black community and fight alongside for equality because that makes sense, but to beg for forgiveness for something those people didn't directly do, idk it's just...dumb.

Thumb sup.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 am

LMAO wrote:

Absolutely.

Even though i acknowlegde that racism exists(and always will), i find this whole thing blown out of proportion. And the f***ing media is one large contributor to this.

There was a black girl speaking here to the media in the netherlands, around 20 years old. She said that when she was little, when she was playing hide and seek in the dark/night, some kids said: well we cant really find her because she is black. She said this made her think about her life and racism... uuuuuhm they were KIDS and KIDS say the meanest things every but its not f***ing racism.

I wish we wouldnt pull the racism card so goddam quick and often.

Also, it makes me cringe that i see fellow university students protesting against police violence here in the netherlands... uuuuuh we have one of the most kind and polite police force in the world(and i dont even like police, stupid i know).

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:21 am

Ita a load of bollocks, too many tree huggers involved with this stuff making it worse than what it is.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:42 pm

dc16 wrote:It's interesting and slightly amusing that Joe Rogan was always mocked for being right wing and a right wing sympathiser during his more moderate liberal days.

I can't doubt the range of guests and voices that he has on his podcast and it's really nice to have the option of listening to that type of long-form media and being able to switch on and tune out for a couple of hours.

I think if anything the Far Left have turned Joe Rogan from a free wheeling pot smoking liberal into a "Wait a minute, your views seem a bit off" as you say he was once quite Left but their "Do as we say or your out" plus their "Cancel culture" policy has made him look the other way, in fact I've noticed all Comedians from Rogan, Chappelle, Hart who are traditionally left leaning liberal have all openly now moved away from that crowd to the point they mock them in their shows.

Vocal censorship is one way to set the Comedy scene against you, they've realised the infringment on freedom that these Far Lefties are imposing on everyone in the guise of equality.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Candice Owen lived it. She was born into poverty, worked her way through college. Saw the light of what she and others call "plantation politics" and has been ridiculed for having a mind of her own. That sir is what I would call Biden/Sharpton level racism for power. These cities that are burning now have been "led" by Dem politicians for decades and nothing gets better. Schools suck, policing sucks, black on black violence increases and the right gets called racist for pointing out that 19 black people were killed in Chicago just this week? How is Minniapolis, DC or Baltimore Trumps's fault?

Her point is that he is now a symbol more than a man.

Yes but I find her "Agenda" horns are showing these days, she takes a good argument then wraps it up in Republican agenda and unfortunately what comes out the otherside isn't so pretty when it comes to common sense.

In her video chat she specifically tried to turn Floyd's death from a citizens rights issues (which is what it is) into a "Well George Floyd was no saint anyway" .......... sorry, but that has nothing to do with it, the Police are not judge, jury and executioner and that's where she lost me.

......... and I know exactly why she's doing it, she's doing it to tear down as you say, the man that has become a symbol for the Left / BLM but that doesn't wash with me, Floyds history has no bearing on this case, the fact is, its for a Judge and jury to decide his fate, not some cop.

Its not Floyd who has become a symbol its the situation of his death that has become the symbol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:25 pm

I think if anything the Far Left have turned Joe Rogan from a free wheeling pot smoking liberal into a "Wait a minute, your views seem a bit off" as you say he was once quite Left but their "Do as we say or your out" plus their "Cancel culture" policy has made him look the other way, in fact I've noticed all Comedians from Rogan, Chappelle, Hart who are traditionally left leaning liberal have all openly now moved away from that crowd to the point they mock them in their shows.

Vocal censorship is one way to set the Comedy scene against you, they've realised the infringment on freedom that these Far Lefties are imposing on everyone in the guise of equality.

100%. Rogan confronts and accepts reality.

Jerry Seinfeld quite doing college gigs for that reason.

Yes but I find her "Agenda" horns are showing these days, she takes a good argument then wraps it up in Republican agenda and unfortunately what comes out the otherside isn't so pretty when it comes to common sense.

It is also her job. We should all take every commentator with a touch of skepticism eh? They all have an audience to play to.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:38 pm

StLGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:There are stories of people seeing the police place bricks in the areas where the protesters are to entice them to use the bricks, so the police then can have an excuse to use excessive force. Shame!

Think about that "report". You believe it??????? Duped sir, you have been duped by the agitators.

Where did I say I believed it, and where is your evidence that it isn't true?

I was asking if you believed that and over punctuated in shock if you did.

Hard to prove a negative in any instance ...but logic would dictate I should think. That charge is beyond logical or rational. For all sorts of reasons that really do not need be listed, though it would be very easy to do so.

Well you asked me, then accused me of being duped, which insinuates that you believed I believed it.

Yes it is hard to prove a negative, assuming this isn't true, which you shouldn't assume either way, but an open logical mind would recognize this isn't a far fetched accusation. We are talking about a corrupt USA here. Nothing really shocks me personally anymore.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee