In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:30 pm

LMAO wrote:
China’s Xi calls for ‘peaceful’ reunification with Taiwan

Chinese leader Xi Jinping said on Saturday that a “peaceful” reunification of Taiwan with China’s mainland was in Beijing’s interests, despite ratcheted up military threats against the self-governing island.

Xi spoke at an official celebration in Beijing’s Great Hall of the People that focused largely on the need for the ruling Communist Party to continue to lead China as the country rises in power and influence.

“Reunification of the nation must be realized, and will definitely be realized,” Xi vowed before an audience of politicians, military personnel and others gathered in the hulking chamber that serves as the seat of China’s ceremonial legislature.

“Reunification through a peaceful manner is the most in line with the overall interest of the Chinese nation, including Taiwan compatriots,” the leader added.

Xi’s remarks came just days after the Chinese military sent a record number of military aircraft flying towards Taiwan in exercises that the self-ruled island has called a threat. Over the course of four days, starting last week, the mainland People’s Liberation Army flew fighter jets, bombers and airborne early warning aircraft 149 times towards Taiwan, with the largest single maneuver involving 52 jets.

https://apnews.com/article/xi-jinping-t ... 9052c4000a

Best of luck to Xi. The CCP has about a 15-year window or it'll probably never happen since demographic issues are going to start hitting China hard in the upcoming decades.

At this point, I don't even know if the CCP's primary goal in securing Taiwan is for the end to their century of humiliation or to break the first island chain or even control Taiwan's semiconductor industry. The CCP seems legitimately shook that Taiwan has proven Han Chinese can accept and thrive in a liberal democratic society (cough Hong Kong cough), and they don't want mainlanders to start getting ideas.

Why else do you think they are messing around with Hong Kong? They even changed the election system so its even more undemocratic making it almost impossible for the Democratic parties to gain a majority even if they win a majority of the directly elected seats.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm

British drop investigation into prince Andrew

What a surprise
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 pm

VCC wrote:British drop investigation into prince Andrew

What a surprise

What do you expect? for us to arrest the rich and powerful? no chance.

One broker got charged after 2008 bank collapse in America, one fkin person for billions down the drain.

No one gives a sht, I've learned that much over the years.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
I was the sort of guy that if I saw something happening in the street or on a train etc, I'd of helped the victim, now, these days .......... it would take a lot for me to bother, you get no thanks for heroics in today's society.

Having been on the receiving end of being a good samaritan blowing up in my face in spectacular style I often think thrice before stepping in, I weigh up EVERY avenue before doing so. Happened when I was 21/22 and to this day I'm not so fast to help others.

I stepped in many years ago whilst walking home alone and I saw some skinny c*** punching his girlfriend in the street. I asked nicely if he could back off, he swung a punch at me and threw a few back and caught him right on the chin and put him down. Next thing I know I felt a crack on the back of my head. The stupid bitch had taken off her high heel shoe and belted me with it. Bled my head. That was it. Told her I hoped he gave her another hiding and walked off. She was picking him up and asking if he was alright.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 pm

What a surprise

I have no doubt that Epstein was murdered.

Prince Andrew is the least of it I reckon.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

100% agree
Bit of sweeping under the carpet going
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
I was the sort of guy that if I saw something happening in the street or on a train etc, I'd of helped the victim, now, these days .......... it would take a lot for me to bother, you get no thanks for heroics in today's society.

Having been on the receiving end of being a good samaritan blowing up in my face in spectacular style I often think thrice before stepping in, I weigh up EVERY avenue before doing so. Happened when I was 21/22 and to this day I'm not so fast to help others.

I stepped in many years ago whilst walking home alone and I saw some skinny c*** punching his girlfriend in the street. I asked nicely if he could back off, he swung a punch at me and threw a few back and caught him right on the chin and put him down. Next thing I know I felt a crack on the back of my head. The stupid bitch had taken off her high heel shoe and belted me with it. Bled my head. That was it. Told her I hoped he gave her another hiding and walked off. She was picking him up and asking if he was alright.

Case in point.

It was fine in the 90's, you could go to help out but if that happened you could of belted her one for attacking you and people back then understood that even though you shouldn't hit a woman, if its last resort and she's attacked you, you can defend yourself, people understood consequences.

Fast forward to now ........ if you hit her back for assaulting you, you'd be on Crimewatch, trending on Youtube, your image being shared around on Facebook like a wanted poster with your own friends dobbing you in within the hour. :rofll:

That's what you get for helping people in today's society, no thanks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:09 pm

VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

100% agree

There's rumours in the states about Bill Clinton and other prominent people being involved.

Ghislaine Maxwell knows everything.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

Of course it was, the only unsettling thing is how blatant it is.

That's what I mean't the other day about when the Saudi's murdered that reporter in Turkey and the whole world's media demonized them for it.

............ murdering Epstien in that blatant fashion is no different whatsoever.

The only thing the West do better is how they package their violence for the media, they've got their marketing spot on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

100% agree

There's rumours in the states about Bill Clinton and other prominent people being involved.

She must be in some obscure place with no life wondering if it was all worth it,
Either way she has a death sentence
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:47 pm

VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

100% agree

She must be in some obscure place with no life wondering if it was all worth it,

What has she done at the end of the day?

Little more than a high class madam. One of the girls was 15 I think, and the rest were all older. That one who's accusing Prince Andrew was 17 at the time. Having round the world flights paid for. Staying in top hotels & apartments. Getting gifts and money from the men involved. Then decades later when she's fat, ugly and skint she cries sexual assault.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:28 pm

Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

What a surprise

100% agree

What has she done at the end of the day?

Little more than a high class madam. One of the girls was 15 I think, and the rest were all older. That one who's accusing Prince Andrew was 17 at the time. Having round the world flights paid for. Staying in top hotels & apartments. Getting gifts and money from the men involved. Then decades later when she's fat, ugly and skint she cries sexual assault.

Not what she has done, it's what she knows or more the point of who she knows and the seedy details of those people.
Death sentence right there she can never be released
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:08 am

What a surprise

Yup big surprise that,who would have thought it. :rolleyes:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:14 am

What a surprise

Well at least he won't ever have to worry about coming to America again.

Doubt he leaves the UK again.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
China’s Xi calls for ‘peaceful’ reunification with Taiwan

Chinese leader Xi Jinping said on Saturday that a “peaceful” reunification of Taiwan with China’s mainland was in Beijing’s interests, despite ratcheted up military threats against the self-governing island.

Xi spoke at an official celebration in Beijing’s Great Hall of the People that focused largely on the need for the ruling Communist Party to continue to lead China as the country rises in power and influence.

“Reunification of the nation must be realized, and will definitely be realized,” Xi vowed before an audience of politicians, military personnel and others gathered in the hulking chamber that serves as the seat of China’s ceremonial legislature.

“Reunification through a peaceful manner is the most in line with the overall interest of the Chinese nation, including Taiwan compatriots,” the leader added.

Xi’s remarks came just days after the Chinese military sent a record number of military aircraft flying towards Taiwan in exercises that the self-ruled island has called a threat. Over the course of four days, starting last week, the mainland People’s Liberation Army flew fighter jets, bombers and airborne early warning aircraft 149 times towards Taiwan, with the largest single maneuver involving 52 jets.

https://apnews.com/article/xi-jinping-t ... 9052c4000a

Best of luck to Xi. The CCP has about a 15-year window or it'll probably never happen since demographic issues are going to start hitting China hard in the upcoming decades.

At this point, I don't even know if the CCP's primary goal in securing Taiwan is for the end to their century of humiliation or to break the first island chain or even control Taiwan's semiconductor industry. The CCP seems legitimately shook that Taiwan has proven Han Chinese can accept and thrive in a liberal democratic society (cough Hong Kong cough), and they don't want mainlanders to start getting ideas.

Why else do you think they are messing around with Hong Kong? They even changed the election system so its even more undemocratic making it almost impossible for the Democratic parties to gain a majority even if they win a majority of the directly elected seats.

Yup, RIP Hong Kong. Just another Chinese city now.

At least Taiwan has the fortune of having the US and friends backing it due to being geopolitically vital.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee