In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:10 pm

There is a video doing the rounds of a British cop, who is armed with a pistol, being approached by a man with a big knife. The cop backs off, backs off, backs off.... and while doing this holsters his gun, draws a Tazer and shoots the attacker with it.

Non lethal force selected even after he had drawn his gun and while under attack.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:40 pm

UFGN wrote:There is a video doing the rounds of a British cop, who is armed with a pistol, being approached by a man with a big knife. The cop backs off, backs off, backs off.... and while doing this holsters his gun, draws a Tazer and shoots the attacker with it.

Non lethal force selected even after he had drawn his gun and while under attack.

I've seen it and used it for an argument against guns once upon a time.

It was eye opening to me, being a yank.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The one thing all these shootings have in common is that guy being killed or shot was doing something illegal at the time, had warrants out, they fought with the cops or were high out of their minds. Put yourself in the Cop's position.

If you are a police officer and your mindset is to shoot first when you encounter someone doing something illegal or with warrants out then you have no business being a cop.

You're going to be dealing with people doing stuff illegal or with warrants out every day, that's what the job inherently entails.

I agree that any cop that shoots first is in the wrong possession.

The vast majority of stops do involve shootings. But there are more instances of cops being randomly being shot than civilians during traffic stops. My point was to have a think about what cops deal with daily.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:16 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:There is a video doing the rounds of a British cop, who is armed with a pistol, being approached by a man with a big knife. The cop backs off, backs off, backs off.... and while doing this holsters his gun, draws a Tazer and shoots the attacker with it.

Several of the recent incidents involve use of tasers before guns were used.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 am

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/us/jessi ... index.html

Smh. Add her to the LARPer list.

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 am

LMAO wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/us/jessica-krug-gwu-black-trnd/index.html

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

You'd have thought they'd have worked out she was Jewish when she came into class and said stuff like, "Oy Vey! What is this mishigas? Take your feet from the table from the books on top of it! "
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:56 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/us/jessica-krug-gwu-black-trnd/index.html

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

You'd have thought they'd have worked out she was Jewish when she came into class and said stuff like, "Oy Vey! What is this mishigas? Take your feet from the table from the books on top of it! "

:lol: TIL I'm Jewish. Feet on the table or shoes in the house is a paddling from me.

My favorite was her going by the name Jessica La Bombalera. Out of all the names she could've picked, she just had to be a unique little butterfly. Couldn't have chosen something more normal like Johnson or Williams.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:46 am

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

:lol: TIL I'm Jewish. Feet on the table or shoes in the house is a paddling from me.

My favorite was her going by the name Jessica La Bombalera. Out of all the names she could've picked, she just had to be a unique little butterfly. Couldn't have chosen something more normal like Johnson or Williams.

Sounds like a name from Sister Act.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

That woman is bonkers

The irony of hiding her Jewish identity seems to have been lost in all this.....

People did that in WW2 when they had no choice. This stupid munter did it as a lifestyle choice, and claims to be somehow woke or whatever
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:14 am

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

In this day and age I thought it was fine to identify as anything you want?

This is the stupidness eating itself in front of everybody and its not pretty.

You can identify as a man, woman, neither, gay, straight or anything on the "spectrum" but if you identify as black, suddenly that's black appropriation and its a problem and we get these weird, way too late, weepy confessions.

Cannot ...... have ..... cake ..... and ...... eat .... it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:28 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Several of the recent incidents involve use of tasers before guns were used.

Just like this incident.
Taser did not work.
The officers gun saved the officers life.

Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

You can identify as a man, woman, neither, gay, straight or anything on the "spectrum" but if you identify as black, suddenly that's black appropriation and its a problem and we get these weird, way too late, weepy confessions.

But transexuals arent doing it for attention, they genuinely believe, and some science suggests they literally are, in the wrong body. And as for gay or straight, well people are either gay or straight or bi.

Its got no connection whatsoever with what this stupid woman has done

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

But transexuals arent doing it for attention, they genuinely believe, and some science suggests they literally are, in the wrong body. And as for gay or straight, well people are either gay or straight or bi.

So the rules have changed now?
OK, so you can only identify as something you want to identify as if you are not doing it for attention. Got it.
Who decides if someone is identifying as - whatever - just for attention?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 am

jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

OK, so you can only identify as something you want to identify as if you are not doing it for attention. Got it.

I dont personally give a toss. What I dont like is transexual people, who are often very vulnerable people, being lumped in with a bunch of other "groups" by people who just want to vent about how silly they think the world is

The right often speak of "cancel culture". Well this is an example of cancel culture by the right. They barely tolerate trans people and often portray them negatively.... and use any example they can to belittle or devalue them.

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am

UFGN wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We've got:
Rachel Dolezal
Shaun King
Jessica Krug

I dont personally give a toss. What I dont like is transexual people, who are often very vulnerable people, being lumped in with a bunch of other "groups" by people who just want to vent about how silly they think the world is

The right often speak of "cancel culture". Well this is an example of cancel culture by the right. They barely tolerate trans people and often portray them negatively.... and use any example they can to belittle or devalue them.

So you won't answer the question. I understand why. When these social rules are foisted on people, like you can identify as whatever you like, it's so full of holes that caveat after caveat has to be made... and the ones who keep making the rules up are often the same pople who foisted these social rules on society in the first place - every time a new inconsistency is introduced.

As for your views on transexual people, a notion that the right 'barely tolerate trans people' is complete horseshit. Bigots are in the minority are not represented by one political ideology.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee