In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Ach » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:28 am

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53886070

It's happening again.

In a public safety alert, police urged 24-hour businesses to consider closing because of "numerous" calls about armed robberies and shots being fired.

Is that a new way of speaking up for black lives?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:18 pm

It's happening again.

That's the problem with Yank cops, they shoot first and ask questions later.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

It's happening again.

Its a two way street.

Yes American cops are way over aggressive but I've also seen videos where guys reach back into their car then pop up guns blazing at officers.

Fact is this, Americans need to realise your police are armed and are trained (or lack of) to deal with an "armed" populace, is it really worth not complying?

The amount of videos I could show from this year alone of in particular African Americans fighting back against officers, not complying then getting shot etc is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong there are some which are just out and out manslaughter but a lot that I've seen are people not complying .......... why do it?

Its ok for us in the UK because our police don't have guns, the worst we'll get is manhandled or tazed, you guys deal with guns drawn on you ......... stop being fkin stupid.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

It's happening again.

Its a two way street.

Yes American cops are way over aggressive but I've also seen videos where guys reach back into their car then pop up guns blazing at officers.

Fact is this, Americans need to realise your police are armed and are trained (or lack of) to deal with an "armed" populace, is it really worth not complying?

The amount of videos I could show from this year alone of in particular African Americans fighting back against officers, not complying then getting shot etc is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong there are some which are just out and out manslaughter but a lot that I've seen are people not complying .......... why do it?

Its ok for us in the UK because our police don't have guns, the worst we'll get is manhandled or tazed, you guys deal with guns drawn on you ......... stop being fkin stupid.

Yep.

You either have a death wish or you don't understand the gravity of the situation when you have armed police with a reputation for shooting people giving you instructions. It really is one of the most dangerous situations you will find yourself in, and you have to get your brain in gear.

If it was me I'd be yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir, whatever you say sir.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

It's happening again.

Its a two way street.

Yep.

You either have a death wish or you don't understand the gravity of the situation when you have armed police with a reputation for shooting people giving you instructions. It really is one of the most dangerous situations you will find yourself in, and you have to get your brain in gear.

If it was me I'd be yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir, whatever you say sir.

Me and you both. :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Given more cops have been killed in August 2020 than all of 2019, the police have no support from Dem mayors or Governors I would be in shoot first mode too. Hell in the desert we were on the same knife edge given someone you had worked with for months could and did come to work one morning and open up on you. So the cops should stand down? Personally I would not blame them for all quitting or going on strike as teachers are over Covid. Then see the uproar. Cops are citizens too, they have the same rights under the Constitution as any other person. Seems to me they are declared guilty far too quickly and before the facts come out not to mention their intentions are assumed.

The police are the responsibility of local governments, not the Feds. If there is someone to blame beyond the perps or suspects then it must be those in charge of "systemically" racist police forces right? Why do the generationational liberal politicians who are charged with running police forces get a pass? Given human nature and the current repercussions no cop goes to work deciding he or she is going to hunt down a black man to kill. But if they feel their life is in danger that puts a whole other light on each situation.

Kenosha shooting, the man was being arrested for sex crimes and domestic violence. He was told to put the knife down. Then he gets to his car and reaches for something. What we are not being told yet is what did he reach for and what did the cop THINK he was reaching for. Why not? Let the facts be known. The governor declares a state of emergency yet will not direct the AG to provide the facts?
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

It's happening again.

Hard to ask that question when in a body bag. Don't confuse urban police who face daily life or death threats with those from normal places like most of America. That said we have has a couple Highway Patrol here get killed by Californians passing through the state. I don't blame any cop for putting their life on the same footing as someone they stop for an infraction.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The police are the responsibility of local governments, not the Feds. If there is someone to blame beyond the perps or suspects then it must be those in charge of "systemically" racist police forces right? Why do the generationational liberal politicians who are charged with running police forces get a pass? Given human nature and the current repercussions no cop goes to work deciding he or she is going to hunt down a black man to kill. But if they feel their life is in danger that puts a whole other light on each situation.

That's only half of the equation.

For example with local politicians, Kenosha leaders unanimously endorsed body cams back in 2017 but dragged their feet on implementation because of costs (the 2022 budget allows for body cams now), and everyone who stalled should be voted out. Because of their lack of foresight, Kenosha residents are now going to foot the bill for a man's entire life instead of just paying a fixed cost back in 2018 that could've prevented this shitstorm. Although, the videos from his neighbors may get Kenosha residents off the hook because I—and most other people—probably would've shot if I were a policeman in that situation and wouldn't see it as racially motivated (I'd do it no matter if it was a white, black, brown, yellow, or purple polka dotted person).

But the other half is police unions having too much power. How is a local politician supposed to stand up to police unions when the unions will just hit back on the politician and fund their opponent who is more 'police-friendly' (i.e., willing to suck up to police unions) to oust them out of office, or get hit with the blue flu from the police union causing crime rates to increase?

I think solving the second half will go toward fixing the first half.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 pm

LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:The police are the responsibility of local governments, not the Feds. If there is someone to blame beyond the perps or suspects then it must be those in charge of "systemically" racist police forces right? Why do the generationational liberal politicians who are charged with running police forces get a pass? Given human nature and the current repercussions no cop goes to work deciding he or she is going to hunt down a black man to kill. But if they feel their life is in danger that puts a whole other light on each situation.

For example with local politicians, Kenosha leaders unanimously endorsed body cams back in 2017 but dragged their feet on implementation because of costs (the 2022 budget allows for body cams now), and everyone who stalled should be voted out. Because of their lack of foresight, Kenosha residents are now going to foot the bill for a man's entire life instead of just paying a fixed cost back in 2018 that could've prevented this shitstorm. Although, the videos from his neighbors may get Kenosha residents off the hook because I—and most other people—probably would've shot if I were a policeman in that situation and wouldn't see it as racially motivated (I'd do it no matter if it was a white, black, brown, yellow, or purple polka dotted person).

But the other half is police unions having too much power. How is a local politician supposed to stand up to police unions when the unions will just hit back on the politician and fund their opponent who is more 'police-friendly' (i.e., willing to suck up to police unions) to oust them out of office, or get hit with the blue flu from the police union causing crime rates to increase?

Police unions should be illegal.

You can't have a union having an effect on law policies or how the law is executed, that is for the courts and the Police Chief, Legislators etc to decide, not a union.

As for Jacob Blake, the man is an idiot and anyone who says otherwise is stuffed full of agenda, this is why I don't like BLM, out there protesting at the drop of a hat, smashing up the place and people are getting hurt and killed all for a guy who deliberatley refused to comply at gun point and looked for all purposes like he was getting something from his car or could of jumped in and sped off with kids in the car.

Its just like the Wendy's diner incident, guy fights cops and steals their taser points it at them and then gets shot .......... BLM organisers will use any instance legit or not to mobilise riots because that's what they do now, this is their jobs, fk whether its a legitmate complaint or not its just race baiting rioting now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 pm

LMAO wrote:

Those two halves do not fully add up. The far greater issue is crime and why black communities do have far higher crime rates. A major part of that question IS the decline in the nuclear family and that can be traced right back to 1962. BLM is against the nuclear family as per their website agenda. At some point the communities need to simply come down hard on criminals rather than screaming racist over and over. But then that is what we have heard for three years plus now about everything so that has to be factored in. Make that nine years plus because Obama/Holder did the same time after time.

As for police unions, and all public service sector unions and teachers unions, they all need to go. CA and Illinois are both in a world of hurt financially because those unions contribute to politicians who then support untenable pensions etc. Your concern about influencing politicians is across the board and is a huge issue in Conservative circles. The Dem party was all about police unions until very recently because they represented their membership too well. In Florida the teachers unions sued to get school shut back down this week. The response by the union rep was to say Trump was behind the local decisions. To pretend that government employee unions are not political is refusing to accept reality.

But given the big push for body cams since Ferguson to protect both cops and suspects it is quite amazing that these cities have not done so despite several Federal programs in the past few years to fund them. In this case body cams would not show much IMO given all the cell phones that were out.

I really wish they would say if the man was reaching for a gun or not. The cop obviously thought so but are they scared that if there was not the rioters would really starting burning shit down or if there was would they just continue burning shit down?

The Kenosha government is not going to be voted out given the city votes overwhelmingly Dem. Even if individuals are, another liberal will replace them.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 pm

Here we go, statement in from DOJ about the Blake incident .............

According to the Wisconsin Department of Justice, the Kenosha Police Department was called out to a residence "after a female caller reported that her boyfriend was present and was not supposed to be on the premises."

Officers tried to arrest Blake, deploying a Taser, which was unsuccessful in stopping Blake. Blake " walked around his vehicle, opened the driver’s side door, and leaned forward."

DOJ said during the investigation following the initial incident, Blake told officers he had a knife. The knife was found in the driver's side floorboard of Blake's car and no other weapons were found.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 441684001/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:51 pm

The guy got mad after being tasered and went for a knife in his car against armed police.

Who wants to justify this idiots actions now?

You could argue the shooting was excessive until he fully brandished the weapon however note, there were children and other members of the public there plus he could of been reaching for a gun.

I can't see how anyone can defend this idiots actions, he gave the cop all the legal excuses he needed to fire.

............... and yet BLM were all over this like it was a miscarriage of justice and caused rioting.

That is domestic terrorism.

The fact that they compare this to Greens case where he was murdered being non-threatening at all is a disgrace.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Those two halves do not fully add up. The far greater issue is crime and why black communities do have far higher crime rates. A major part of that question IS the decline in the nuclear family and that can be traced right back to 1962. BLM is against the nuclear family as per their website agenda. At some point the communities need to simply come down hard on criminals rather than screaming racist over and over. But then that is what we have heard for three years plus now about everything so that has to be factored in. Make that nine years plus because Obama/Holder did the same time after time.

As for police unions, and all public service sector unions and teachers unions, they all need to go. CA and Illinois are both in a world of hurt financially because those unions contribute to politicians who then support untenable pensions etc. Your concern about influencing politicians is across the board and is a huge issue in Conservative circles. The Dem party was all about police unions until very recently because they represented their membership too well. In Florida the teachers unions sued to get school shut back down this week. The response by the union rep was to say Trump was behind the local decisions. To pretend that government employee unions are not political is refusing to accept reality.

But given the big push for body cams since Ferguson to protect both cops and suspects it is quite amazing that these cities have not done so despite several Federal programs in the past few years to fund them. In this case body cams would not show much IMO given all the cell phones that were out.

I really wish they would say if the man was reaching for a gun or not. The cop obviously thought so but are they scared that if there was not the rioters would really starting burning shit down or if there was would they just continue burning shit down?

The Kenosha government is not going to be voted out given the city votes overwhelmingly Dem. Even if individuals are, another liberal will replace them.

Bringing back parents into kids' lives—so long as the parent isn't abusive or neglectful—would go a long way in reducing crime rates, but you're not going to see both parents in their kids' lives until the asinine War on Drugs ends here, which should also reduce the number of people slinging drugs to get by and going to prison as distributors, and addiction is treated as a public health crisis instead of a criminal matter. Then, invest in small businesses in poor areas and build them up long-term into middle class areas, as well as invest in extracurricular activities for children through high school to get them off the street in their formative years. But to just end the War on Drugs without helping to create upward mobility jobs or trying to create jobs without ending the War on Drugs won't be effective. Though, those aforementioned ideas are a gross oversimplification because there's also the culture of baby mamas, etc.

Re public service sector unions, finally something we agree on lol. I'm all for unions negotiating better benefits and pay for their members, but I draw the line at union members having absolute immunity or qualified immunity. As for your teacher union example, I actually don't have a problem with them shutting down in-person learning since kids are disease magnets and classroom instruction is just asking for massive outbreaks. Remote learning isn't ideal, but it's better than the alternative of school getting outright cancelled because most of the teachers getting sick combined with students being out with the coronavirus.

And true that the body cams would've have done much in this situation given the recordings of the neighbors. I was just saying that luckily for Kenosha residents, there were those videos or they'd quite possibly be paying for Blake's medical bills for the rest of his life, but body cams would've prevented that from even entering the discussion if there weren't videos from the neighbors. Though, this is why I've said I'm "black lives matter" and not Black Lives Matter™. From what I've seen, the seven shots were excessive and an instance of police brutality that should be condemned but a gun being used was justified because he could've been reaching for anything, a gun, a knife, or getting ready to trigger a car bomb for all we know. Was just moronic of Blake to go into his vehicle in that situation.

I didn't mean that Kenosha residents would suddenly elect conservatives to power. I meant they should vote for liberals in the primaries who won't make excuses and do the sensible, proactive thing instead of someone who will wait too long and be reactionary. I'm under no illusions that urban areas will vote in Republicans just as I'm under no illusions that places like rural Georgia will elect Democrats.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:44 am

Chch terrorist sentenced to life in prison with no parole.
Now hopefully he can be sent back to Australia for his sentence
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee