In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Just about every single newspaper, internet news site and TV show says that Jeffrey Epstein was a paedophile.

He wasn’t.

I don't think they know the difference, paedophile is too easily branded around.

It’s an indescribably horrendous thing to label someone as when they’re not that at all.

He was an ephebophile. One who has a sexual interest in mid teen girls, usually aged between 15 and 19. Also a bit of a pervert who liked to hide cameras about the place.

But not a paedophile.

What's the difference then? I thought it was just if they were under age, which over here is 17.

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm

UFGN wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:Not sure why Andrew is getting so much stick? Am I missing something?

If he didn't know about Epstein getting up to noncy shit then whats it for to do with him?

He must have been deaf dumb and blind if he didn't :biggrin:

Ive not seen any evidence of this. Just because he was at the house, so what?

Wot you go out drinking with him do you lol
Nuggets

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:18 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Just about every single newspaper, internet news site and TV show says that Jeffrey Epstein was a paedophile.

He wasn’t.

I don't think they know the difference, paedophile is too easily branded around.

It’s an indescribably horrendous thing to label someone as when they’re not that at all.

He was an ephebophile. One who has a sexual interest in mid teen girls, usually aged between 15 and 19. Also a bit of a pervert who liked to hide cameras about the place.

But not a paedophile.

What's the difference then? I thought it was just if they were under age, which over here is 17.

A paedophile is sexually interested in pre-pubescent children.

There is a massive difference.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:19 pm

UFGN wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:Not sure why Andrew is getting so much stick? Am I missing something?

If he didn't know about Epstein getting up to noncy shit then whats it for to do with him?

He must have been deaf dumb and blind if he didn't :biggrin:

Ive not seen any evidence of this. Just because he was at the house, so what?

Exactly. You don't tend to go into people's private bedrooms at house parties I understand.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

He wasn’t.

But not a paedophile.

Indeed there is, lots of people don't know the difference.
Nuggets

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:22 pm

I think people are pissed at the dick em duke cos he is lying through his back teeth. He's done now I don't feel sorry for the arrogant tw@t.
Nuggets

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:29 pm

Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

He wasn’t.

But not a paedophile.

Make sense. Then I would say yeah, many definitely get mislabeled then.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Phil71 wrote:

And he’s accused of having sex with a 17 year old girl who along with a bunch of other teenage girls liked to live the high life and travel the world in Epstein’s entourage, drinking champagne, staying in flash hotels, on yachts, given bundles of cash to buy themselves things.

Don’t see the big deal really.

He’s done nothing wrong in my opinion.

Well I raised this weeks ago when we last spoke about it.

In America I believe the age of consent is 17, so "technically" in America he's a paedophile but in England he's a lad lol.

You are correct though from the ages I've seen him dabbling with he's not a Paedo, just likes teen girls, in the UK it'd be 100% legit although slightly frowned upon.

I also took a bit of exception to this "Human trafficking" view of Epstien, these girls were not kidnapped, they were (to my understanding) groupies of the rich who although younger and impressionable, made themselves available to parties of rich guys because they were getting off on free holidays in the Carribean, free booze and hanging around on yoats feeling like Bond girls.

Epstien was obviously a bit of a feind and cultivating a very border line abuse atmosphere, however people need to stop taking responsibility away from the girls themselves for willingly being there of their own consent and the parents.

In the grand scheme of things if this is illegal then there is a looong line of Rock stars and Hip Hop singers who are banging teenage groupies on tour left right and centre who should all be in the dock then?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

And he’s accused of having sex with a 17 year old girl who along with a bunch of other teenage girls liked to live the high life and travel the world in Epstein’s entourage, drinking champagne, staying in flash hotels, on yachts, given bundles of cash to buy themselves things.

Don’t see the big deal really.

He’s done nothing wrong in my opinion.

Well I raised this weeks ago when we last spoke about it.

In America I believe the age of consent is 17, so "technically" in America he's a paedophile but in England he's a lad lol.

You are correct though from the ages I've seen him dabbling with he's not a Paedo, just likes teen girls, in the UK it'd be 100% legit although slightly frowned upon.

I also took a bit of exception to this "Human trafficking" view of Epstien, these girls were not kidnapped, they were (to my understanding) groupies of the rich who although younger and impressionable, made themselves available to parties of rich guys because they were getting off on free holidays in the Carribean, free booze and hanging around on yoats feeling like Bond girls.

Epstien was obviously a bit of a feind and cultivating a very border line abuse atmosphere, however people need to stop taking responsibility away from the girls themselves for willingly being there of their own consent and the parents.

In the grand scheme of things if this is illegal then there is a looong line of Rock stars and Hip Hop singers who are banging teenage groupies on tour left right and centre who should all be in the dock then?

People nowadays seem to equate the school leaving age with the child/adult cut off point.

16 and 17 year olds are not children.

When I was 16 I was f***ing anything that moved.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm

The skeletal remains of 19 year old Aniah Blanchard have been found in a wooded area in Alabama.

She is the step daughter of UFC fighter Walt Harris and has been missing for a month after being taken from a gas station.

Her suspected kidnapper had a prior kidnapping charge as well as an attempted murder charge yet the judge let him out on bond.

That is disgraceful, if he was in prison where he belonged this wouldn't have happened.

Perhaps the worst detail is the fact a witness saw her being kidnapped at the gas station but didn't go to the police because his wife told him "it was none of his business and to stay out of it".

Jesus wept.

R.I.P.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:25 pm

I really don't get what these murderers get out of it.

Like when the mafia or criminals do it, I get it, its business, someone owes you money or is trying to take over your turf, at least there's some rational behind it because your basically at war ............ but kidnapping women off the street then doing that is just fkin bizarre.

This is where I'm not against capital punishment against non-logical murder, if its proven you are guilty, DNA evidence etc as in its non-arguable .............. then just kill the bastards, they're a complete waste of oxygen.

If it were 100's of years ago, in the animal kingdom, wherever .......... if you kill peoples children your gonna get it bad, to me that's a completey natural consequence, I don't see why we think its civilized to just house and feed the fks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Shots fired at London Bridge. Walking distance from where I work. Fortunately I'm off for 2 weeks so not in today.

No news yet on if it's a Muslim terrorist or a white guy suffering from mental health
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:52 pm

↑ Apparently several fatally wounded following a stabbing. Suspect has allegedly been shot by the authorities.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:11 pm

One person killed according to sky news
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:26 pm

People can't even go about their daily lives without some scumbag trying to kill them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee