In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Yeah the whole gun debate is fundamentally dishonest.

It seems to me that all the constitution is used for now is negative things. Gun pricks use it to stop gun control, health insurance companies and people they've brainwashed use it to prevent affordable healthcare, and other pricks use it to defend their right to be pricks.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 am

Not a happy time if your politics are on the right I'd imagine

After sucking off Russia for the last three years or so suddenly having to decide where your loyalties lie
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Face it the constitution is 300 years out of date. The no-established church clause was because each of the 13 colonies had different state faiths, so was designed to stop sectarian conflict but is now being abused by militants to enforce state atheism in a majority Christian country.

Secular government =/= state atheism

Also, yeah we're a majority Christian nation...
...but Christianity is dying with each subsequent generation and won't be the majority religion here in a few generations.

Going back to the portion I bolded, how is America going down the path of state atheism if the GOP has become Y'all Qaeda because of its pandering to evangelicals? The Founding Fathers were 100% correct in separating church and state because like the graph I linked shows, religions can gain or lose adherents over generations, and things can become extremely messy when a state religion loses its majority status. Also, a state religion is overall unfair to those who aren't adherents of the majority religion (and the majority flavor of the religion). Even if/when atheism becomes the dominant religious position in America, I wouldn't want state atheism because it's unfair to those who choose to follow a religion. Religion should be left out of government (and Article Six and the First Amendment are good starts to that).

I do agree that the Constitution by itself is outdated, but that's why we have an amendment process (with 27 currently) ;) However, we still need future amendments for: Congressional term limits, tightening campaign financing (i.e., no possibility for Citizens United in the future), reworking the Electoral College (and moving on from FPTP), balancing the budget, and a blanket equal rights amendment.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 am

UFGN

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 am

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 am

Natural selection at its best

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:14 am

:( When will this shit stop.

It's getting worse. I read yesterday that crime rate in London is now higher than New York ffs.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 am

Stop cutting police numbers, and enforce the laws we already have, and it'll be fine

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:54 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote::( When will this shit stop.

It's getting worse. I read yesterday that crime rate in London is now higher than New York ffs.

I do hope this is nothing to do with that stupid "punish a muslim day" crap.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote::( When will this shit stop.

I do hope this is nothing to do with that stupid "punish a muslim day" crap.

I think that's only in New York.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Killings all over London apparently.

Postcode wars and Pensioners.

Have to say they better absolve that pensioner of any wrong doing, what sort of country arrests a 78 yr old man backed into a room by an armed burglar and does him for murder? or any crime for that matter?

It just shows how pathetic the laws are if they do press charges because this is all to do with institution completely disabling "the peasants" right to protect themselves, they can't abide any violence at all from us even if its to save our own lives because it stems from the crown trying to keep the public defenseless.

It makes me see now why Americans are so entrenched about keeping their rights of self defense, even though I disagree with guns in the public domain as we see over here its a slippery slope to being 100% defenseless.

I hope the Courts make a good example here and release him without charge.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Killings all over London apparently.

Have to say they better absolve that pensioner of any wrong doing, what sort of country arrests a 78 yr old man backed into a room by an armed burglar and does him for murder? or any crime for that matter?

It just shows how pathetic the laws are if they do press charges because this is all to do with institution completely disabling "the peasants" right to protect themselves, they can't abide any violence at all from us even if its to save our own lives because it stems from the crown trying to keep the public defenseless.

It makes me see now why Americans are so entrenched about keeping their rights of self defense, even though I disagree with guns in the public domain as we see over here its a slippery slope to being 100% defenseless.

Of course they're going to arrest someone who's just stabbed someone to death. Be realistic. The same would probably happen just about anywhere.

In this country arrest offers the suspect rights they wouldn't otherwise have, like access to a solicitor, and if nothing else you must concede that it's a bloody good idea for that bloke to have a solicitor

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:04 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Killings all over London apparently.

Of course they're going to arrest someone who's just stabbed someone to death. Be realistic. The same would probably happen just about anywhere.

In this country arrest offers the suspect rights they wouldn't otherwise have, like access to a solicitor, and if nothing else you must concede that it's a bloody good idea for that bloke to have a solicitor

Arrest and charge are two different things.

If they end up charging him and he gets convicted its a fkin scandal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Eric Bristow dies age 60, RIP :(
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee