In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Yago » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:32 pm

I mean that's not good but you can't trust an armed guard who doesn't have any experience dealing with those situations to immediately run towards the tempting sound of semi-automatic fire.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Yago wrote:I mean that's not good but you can't trust an armed guard who doesn't have any experience dealing with those situations to immediately run towards the tempting sound of semi-automatic fire.

If its in his job description which it sounds like it clearly is as the police who hire him are actually considering whether or not to press charges, then he should fkin do it, those were kids in there ffs.

That is such a "modern" thing to say, that we can't expect people to fulfill their duty, people shouldn't be paid to do a job they're not qualified for.

Imagine if we were getting invaded and the army just "didn't fancy it".

Honour is completely lost today.

In times gone by life and death was a real and present danger, men didn't have the luxury to say "Hmmmm nah".

That's my issue with the type of society that the far Left want us to have, metro sexual's not capable of protecting themselves let alone anyone else.
Seems like no big deal till sh*t gets real then you all die, lemming mentality.

Imagine if the Spartans at Thermopalaye ........ just didn't fancy it, lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Yago wrote:I mean that's not good but you can't trust an armed guard who doesn't have any experience dealing with those situations to immediately run towards the tempting sound of semi-automatic fire.

If its in his job description which it sounds like it clearly is as the police who hire him are actually considering whether or not to press charges, then he should fkin do it, those were kids in there ffs.

That is such a "modern" thing to say, that we can't expect people to fulfill their duty, people shouldn't be paid to do a job they're not qualified for.

In times gone by life and death was a real and present danger, men didn't have the luxury to say "Hmmmm nah".

That's my issue with the type of society that the far Left want us to have, metro sexual's not capable of protecting themselves let alone anyone else.

Exactly!

It's also a reason why Trump's idea of teachers having guns is fricking ridiculous, teachers don't sign up for that

But guards literally do. Out of your 20-30 years working as a guard, you're going to be called up 1 time at most, unless you're very unlucky. That one time is why you've been paid for so long. If you run away, why were you hired?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Yeah I was going to mention that about the teachers.

Teachers are not usually the sort of people who want to go around fighting turf wars in the corridors of schools with psycho gunmen.

They're there to teach math ffs, they don't wake up in the morning thinking "Right got algebra to teach today, better not forget the strap, Timmy's been looking at me funny recently, b*tch got it coming".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah I was going to mention that about the teachers.

Teachers are not usually the sort of people who want to go around fighting turf wars in the corridors of schools with psycho gunmen.

They're there to teach math ffs, they don't wake up in the morning thinking "Right got algebra to teach today, better not forget the strap, Timmy's been looking at me funny recently, b*tch got it coming".

Exactly

Your point on guards is spot on. You can't sympathise with teachers and also with a guard who ran away. You either agree one is ready to fight, and the other isn't, or Trump is right, and it doesn't matter who has guns anyway.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm sorry but the American people really are limp, where is the accountability? where is the lobbying from politicians, where is the refusing to elect a politician unless they support banning guns.

?????????

NPR: One By One, Companies Cut Ties With The NRA

NYT: Four Northeast States Pledge to Share Gun Safety Data

https://www.marchforourlives.com/
Organizers are currently planning for 500k people in DC alone, but I won't be surprised if the number eclipses 2 million. Then there's also NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, SF, etc.

Don't lump us all together. ~30% of the country (e.g., Fox 'News' watchers and the MAGA crowd) is beyond gone; there's no saving them. As for the rest of us, most are sick of this shit from Republicans (and the NRA), hence the massive flips in special elections recently. If the previous few months is any indication, there's a blue tsunami coming in November because people are f***ing pissed at the spineless traitors in the White House and in Congress (and the Republican-loving NRA's ties to Russia). Gun debate/control should've happened a long time ago (i.e., Columbine before I was even in school ffs), but this latest school shooting may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

These gun nuts keep saying the rest of us want to ban guns. That's only a small minority, however. The vast majority of us just want sensible gun control policies, not completely taking firearms away. The country closest to us in that respect that we'd do well to emulate is probably Australia, and they haven't fallen into an apocalyptic wasteland (save for the myriad of killer animals at every corner lol) where the government puts its citizens into mass graves.

But to claim that we're all limp is quite frankly, ludicrous.

Tangent: Trump may have been right in that he will "Make America Great Again," just not in the way he thought. If Hillary had won, it would've been witch hunt after witch hunt from a Republican Congress (cough Benghazi cough) with people passively paying attention to politics, and the next Trump could've actually been an intelligent fascist instead of the bumbling idiot Trump is. Now, so many people in my generation and younger are interested in politics, and Mueller investigating and bringing charges in Stupid Watergate is increasing the fervor. Millennials and Gen Z have been turned off by the Republican Party, and Baby Boomers are dying. I wouldn't be surprised if Republicans didn't control Congress for a couple generations starting Congress's next session on January 3, 2019; it already happened once before from 1954-1994.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Yago » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying what he did is ok, he failed at his job. I'm saying relying on security guards to play hero is probably not the best bet to avoid casualties in schools, because when it comes down to it they might f**k it up.
Yago

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 am

Yago wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying what he did is ok, he failed at his job. I'm saying relying on security guards to play hero is probably not the best bet to avoid casualties in schools, because when it comes down to it they might f**k it up.

If a security guard isn't enough and you instead need a war vet who knows how to blow a head or two off, to protect every school..... then maybe it's time to pause for breath and think, hang on somethings gone wrong here!

They don't even have armed guards at every school in Pakistan! Do you know how dangerous Pakistan is and they don't feel the need to routinely guard schools
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:40 am

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Did that Russian spy have a Zizzi two for one voucher code and if so which website did he get it from and is it valid on Fridays and Saturday's?

UFGN going there with the question everyone REALLY wants answered
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:39 pm

President Trump's mate Steve Bannon gave a speech couple of days ago, at a French National Front rally

Keeping it classy

Let them call you racists, xenophobes or whatever else, wear these like a medal.”

The Guardian

UFGN

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm

America—a country built by immigrants on the assassination of Native American culture, heritage, and people—where Bannon thinks it's beneath anyone to think that.

Only in A.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 pm

I try to escape everyday by coming to this forum, not only to read about Arsenal, but also to forget about the idiots that I live with here. But then I gotta read this thread and get reminded. Thanks guys! :(
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Angelito wrote:America—a country built by immigrants on the assassination of Native American culture, heritage, and people—where Bannon thinks it's beneath anyone to think that.

Only in A.

I do find it strange that race relations in America seem to have gone backwards to the 1960's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Lol at the racist scum who comment on the Daily Mail suddenly defending Russia over the poisoning, cos it doesn't suit their agenda to admit Putin's a bad guy

Hypocritical filth. Patriotism only counts when you say it does, right?

Patriotism - the convenient tool of the right to be used at their leisure

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee