In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:41 pm

LMAO wrote:You might have some centrist views, but you sound just like someone who's solidly right socially.

Yeah because everyone who disagrees with your modern hippy bs sounds Right Wing to you.

Just like you sound like a Far Left Commie pusher to me.

Maybe you should respect the fact that people know where they sit politically, if I were Conservative or Right id happily disclose it so people know where I stand.

Tbf I actually don't care what I'm labelled however every test I've ever done has me central or even centre left.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:20 pm

So what do we think of these new Protest laws that might get passed?

I know why the Gov't want them however it is a clamp down on our civil rights, yes the Far Left activists are annoying and they need taking down a peg however, the laws that pass to curb their actions today will be used against people protesting for important issues in the future.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:08 pm

clamp down on it and start arresting more of them
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:40 pm

The left have ruined it by smashing the place up.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 am

Santi wrote:clamp down on it and start arresting more of them

Yes but techincally the Police already have these powers as in our current circumstance, they have the Covid curfew laws on their side, these people are breaking the law by ignoring quarantine on its own.

The bill they're trying to pass basically makes protesting illegal to a certain degree.

Britains freedom of individual laws are some of the strictist in Europe.

We're barely allowed to defend ourselves from attack, even in our own homes, our self defense laws are notoriously sketchy and overly strict in favour of the aggressor unlike American laws.

The fact that you can get done for injuring or killing an intruder is sickening.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:21 am

Phil71 wrote:The left have ruined it by smashing the place up.

True.

But the police are too scared to enforce the law as it is i.e arresting them for criminal damage, breaking quarantine curfew, convening in large groups during the pandemic.

Also getting wailed on by Londons so called Mayor who's one of the biggest c*nts I've ever seen plus even Priti Patel stuck the knife in to the Police Chief just for the police doing somewhat of their jobs.

I don't know why Priti of all people who's a bit of a hard liner is taking the tone of "The Chief didn't have an adequate explanation" for what? doing their job?

She knew this bill was coming, maybe it was tactical, if the police do a good job unempeded, what's the need for the bill?

Its almost like because the police literally won't or can't do their jobs the answer is to halt anyone having he right to protest at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby dc16 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:57 am

It’s the same group who appear at any demo and try to turn it into a confrontation between themselves and the police - acab, antifa etc.

It also seemed like there was a bunch of kids there yesterday, probably at their first protest, protesting about the right to protest lol bizzare.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 am

These people need to get serious custodial sentences.

If they are students smashing the place up and assaulting Police get them into court and give them a criminal record for violence. They can then kiss their future careers goodbye - and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Its always the same these days....a peaceful demo gets hijacked by the rogue elements who travel from far and wide, have no interest in the cause, but just want to create havoc.

These days the police take a step back from trying mass arrests, as it just gives the demonstrators something to focus on and attack the police as a result. Instead, they know that once they trawl through the vast amount of cctv on trains, buses and streets, they will find them and they will get them!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dc16 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 pm

I think they make it easier than that for the police as the stupid twats seem to be intent of filming everything and uploading it to Twitter and Snapchat lol

:rofll:
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:57 am

Phil71 wrote:These people need to get serious custodial sentences.

If they are students smashing the place up and assaulting Police get them into court and give them a criminal record for violence. They can then kiss their future careers goodbye - and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.

............. but for what?

These lot have mastered the art of passive aggressive.

They're not like the 80's lot all piling in for a punch up or doing proper damage, they wave placards around, lie on the floor in silent protest, deface a statue and if they're really mad they might smash a window.

None of which is warrant for a serious custodial sentence, you'd get more time for actual assault or stealing from a shop.

Smashing a window is a few hundred quid in damages, no sentence, worst I've seen is a couple of them jumping up on a police car, again, minimal damage, a dent if your lucky.

........... add to that the fore coming media pressure from the Guardian talking about how barbaric the police are for actually doing their job and arresting anyone and you see why its just not worth it for the cops to bother.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:00 am

Santi wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Here you go being all prudish again.

Do you have sources on curriculums for prepubescent kids in elementary schools learning about stuff like STDs and how to put a condom on? I feel like your concerns are vastly overblown, but I can be convinced.

Yes, adults poke fun at kids, such as teasing questions about who someone's little boy/girlfriend is at school. OTOH, there's a kid who comes along and tells an adult they don't like like girls the way that straight boy does and that they like like boys instead. What, are you supposed to not tell them that's okay to be gay and instead put them on a path where they question their sexuality in order to comfort yourself that the kid will eventually fit some outdated expectation?

Tbh I don't normally say much on these subjects but the problem I have with all this type of thing is that it's essentially become a 'trend' and something being forced. People should simply be educated that it's okay to be whatever you want, like whoever you want and just get on with it.

Shouldn't need any more than that, it's almost like the world now is trying to force people to be trans/bi/gay whatever just to make it less of a minority and more common.

I'm sure there are still people uncomfortably hiding their sexuality but do you really think 30-40% of the population of the world have been hiding being LGBTQ for centuries? It's always going to be somewhat of a minority, it should just be the case that people are comfortable being part of that minority.

Honestly wish I could get away from this world where everything is rammed down my throat daily on any social media or news outlet. Far as I'm concerned everyone can do and be what the f**k they want, in line within the confines of the law...so rather than all the protests and all these 'special events for gays/trans' why don't people just live their lives? A trans person should have every day just like a straight person or a gay person...why do we need celebratory weeks or days for this? It perpetuates the notion that it's not normal.

We also don't need to force everyone to be happy about it, if some people don't like a specific ''group'' then that's their problem to understand why rather than any individual in said ''group''. Simple lesson in sex ed - 'you can be what you want' and rather than showing purely straight clips then show a mixture to the extent it is seen as normal.

Seriously all this bullshit over the last few years whether it's sexuality or race, it's just causing a bigger divide between those claiming to be 'oh so woke' and those who don't care and just want to live a peaceful life. The actual number of W****rs with a problem in either aspect are low and not really part of ether side lol.

Personally I feel both racism and any homophobia/transphobia has actually seemingly increased because of this divide but it's turning people, who are not actually inherently racist or homophobic, more that way because they are f***ked off with it being thrown around all the time at any opportunity. I'm so fed up of hearing about Piers Morgan supposedly being racist, for example, when he's not said a single racist thing about Meghan that I've seen. He might be a c*** but that doesn't make him racist because he disagrees with a 1/4 black woman :dontknow:

Obviously, as a straight white male, I can't give you a viewpoint from anyone who may 'traditionally' have been feeling oppressed but f***ing hell I'm starting to feel that way...since I can't just get on with my life, my friends and my family regardless of their skin colour and orientation.

Btw my view on this goes for everything not just race and orientation. Within the confines of the law, do whatever and be whoever you want.

That's a lot to write when we mostly agree :lol:

For your question regarding 30-40% of the population being LGBTQ, the more likely ratio is shifting the decimal point one place left. In a class of 30 students, that's 1 kid on average. The position I've maintained this entire time on here every time this comes up is should the question arise, I'm all for a teacher simply saying that it's okay to be gay. That way, the gay kid learns he's not a freakazoid and the other kids learn that not everyone is straight, and that's fine. And everyone lives happily ever after and the class moves on to learning about igneous rocks lol

And you being a straight white male obviously influences you in a certain direction, and as a straight mixed male, I will say that racism (at least from my experience in the US) has decreased even if it doesn't seem like it at times, but racial discrimination still exists and people who are impacted by it in their professional and personal lives aren't going to stop airing their grievances, and I'd assume it's the same for LGBTQ.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:You might have some centrist views, but you sound just like someone who's solidly right socially.

Yeah because everyone who disagrees with your modern hippy bs sounds Right Wing to you.

Just like you sound like a Far Left Commie pusher to me.

Maybe you should respect the fact that people know where they sit politically, if I were Conservative or Right id happily disclose it so people know where I stand.

Tbf I actually don't care what I'm labelled however every test I've ever done has me central or even centre left.

Then maybe you should take your own advice tbf because I'm pretty sure on those tests we've done on here, I'm basically the same as you but less authoritarian.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 am

I guess COVID is over in America.

A seventh mass shooting in less than a week, this time at a Colorado grocery store. 10 dead, including 1 cop.
Last edited by LMAO on Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:29 am

Phil71 wrote:These people need to get serious custodial sentences.

They are just rent a crowd assholes with nothing better to do, round em all up and give them a good tuning. The tree huggers are to blame we are too soft on these assholes.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee