In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Who is that?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Killings all over London apparently.

Postcode wars and Pensioners.

Have to say they better absolve that pensioner of any wrong doing, what sort of country arrests a 78 yr old man backed into a room by an armed burglar and does him for murder? or any crime for that matter?

It just shows how pathetic the laws are if they do press charges because this is all to do with institution completely disabling "the peasants" right to protect themselves, they can't abide any violence at all from us even if its to save our own lives because it stems from the crown trying to keep the public defenseless.

It makes me see now why Americans are so entrenched about keeping their rights of self defense, even though I disagree with guns in the public domain as we see over here its a slippery slope to being 100% defenseless.

I hope the Courts make a good example here and release him without charge.

Of course they're going to arrest someone who's just stabbed someone to death. Be realistic. The same would probably happen just about anywhere.

In this country arrest offers the suspect rights they wouldn't otherwise have, like access to a solicitor, and if nothing else you must concede that it's a bloody good idea for that bloke to have a solicitor

Arrest and charge are two different things.

If they end up charging him and he gets convicted its a fkin scandal.

He won't be charged with anything.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Who is that?

Darts legend.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Mesüt wrote:Eric Bristow dies age 60, RIP :(

Playing a practice session with Jim Bowen at the oche in the sky
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Mesüt wrote:Eric Bristow dies age 60, RIP :(

A fairweather darts fan I am but watched him back in the early 90s

Legend. RIP
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:45 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Have to say they better absolve that pensioner of any wrong doing, what sort of country arrests a 78 yr old man backed into a room by an armed burglar and does him for murder? or any crime for that matter?

It just shows how pathetic the laws are if they do press charges because this is all to do with institution completely disabling "the peasants" right to protect themselves, they can't abide any violence at all from us even if its to save our own lives because it stems from the crown trying to keep the public defenseless.

It makes me see now why Americans are so entrenched about keeping their rights of self defense, even though I disagree with guns in the public domain as we see over here its a slippery slope to being 100% defenseless.

Of course they're going to arrest someone who's just stabbed someone to death. Be realistic. The same would probably happen just about anywhere.

In this country arrest offers the suspect rights they wouldn't otherwise have, like access to a solicitor, and if nothing else you must concede that it's a bloody good idea for that bloke to have a solicitor

We'll have to see about that, I put nothing past the British justice system when it comes to any form of violence from the public, justified or not, they don't like to set a precedent.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

We'll have to see about that, I put nothing past the British justice system when it comes to any form of violence from the public, justified or not, they don't like to set a precedent.

Couple of years ago the law was changed to clarify exactly this sort of situation. I think the coalition government did it. He'll be fine.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:19 pm

Well I'll be damned, there is hope after all .............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Well I'll be damned, there is hope after all .............

Det Ch Insp Harding said: "While there might be various forms of debate about which processes should be used in cases such as this, it was important that the resident was interviewed by officers under the appropriate legislation; not only for the integrity of our investigation but also so that his personal and legal rights were protected."

Police did a good job

Now they need to deal with the burglar's scummy aquatences and make sure they stay the f**k away from the pensioner

UFGN

Postby Sims » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 pm

idk what the outrage was in the first place about him being arrested

someone died ffs of course there had to be ana resst made before any sort of logical verdict

glad he got off scott free but there still has to be a formal investigation before any haste ending is made
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:02 am

Sims wrote:

idk what the outrage was in the first place about him being arrested

someone died ffs of course there had to be ana resst made before any sort of logical verdict

glad he got off scott free but there still has to be a formal investigation before any haste ending is made

The outrage was because people thought they may charge him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Terrorist attack in Toronto yesterday

Not sure if its Muslim guy or a mentally unstable man
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm

We had another shooting here yesterday (shocker I know) at a Waffle House (it's a restaurant). White guy with a AR-15 (Seems to be the theme), walked into the WH and killed two, injured 4. I believe all of the customers were black, I mention that because I'm not sure if it was a hate crime or not yet. One brave soul tackled the gunman, disarmed him and dragged him outside. It hasn't been talked about as much as others. I would hate to think it's because a black guy was the hero, but this is America.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:56 pm

StLGooner wrote:We had another shooting here yesterday (shocker I know) at a Waffle House (it's a restaurant). White guy with a AR-15 (Seems to be the theme), walked into the WH and killed two, injured 4. I believe all of the customers were black, I mention that because I'm not sure if it was a hate crime or not yet. One brave soul tackled the gunman, disarmed him and dragged him outside. It hasn't been talked about as much as others. I would hate to think it's because a black guy was the hero, but this is America.

It takes a good guy without a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun

The NRA are welcome to use that royalty free if they wish

Doubt they will

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:We had another shooting here yesterday (shocker I know) at a Waffle House (it's a restaurant). White guy with a AR-15 (Seems to be the theme), walked into the WH and killed two, injured 4. I believe all of the customers were black, I mention that because I'm not sure if it was a hate crime or not yet. One brave soul tackled the gunman, disarmed him and dragged him outside. It hasn't been talked about as much as others. I would hate to think it's because a black guy was the hero, but this is America.

It takes a good guy without a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun

The NRA are welcome to use that royalty free if they wish

Doubt they will

Course they won't! But they will use the fact that the Govt took this guys guns away, but his dad gave him back to him. Why they gave them to his dad is beyond my understanding.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee