In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I want to see it because I'm morbid and have been desensitized by the internet tbh.

Pretty much this, sadly.

The internet has ruined us.

UFGN wrote:Be the bigger man

If it was your loved one who got murdered you wouldn't want randoms watching it like some sort of exhibit

It's clearly wrong to watch it.

Honestly, whether you watch it or not is completely morally neutral in my view.

Other people will. Nothing changes, regardless.

Not sharing it around, however, is important.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm

aniym wrote:
LMAO wrote:I bet the vid is on LiveLeak.

Requiescat in pace to those who were killed. Senseless violence.

Shame New Zealand abolished the death penalty. It's perfect for times like this.

I don't believe it is, and I recently changed my mind about that. I live in Canada where in 2017, a similar right-wing terrorist killed 5 worshippers at a mosque in Quebec. Same deal; disaffected white guy with no prospects who listened to talk radio all day. QC talk radio is highly xenophobic, not just against non-French speakers but also Francophone immigrants from African countries or Haiti. You can imagine how they talk about Muslims.

Usually opposition to the death penalty comes from cases where the conviction hinged greatly on shaky evidence, like testimony from an eyewitness standing pretty far away . In this case, there is no doubt who the perpetrator was, but that still doesn't make the death penalty an effective deterrent. This is somebody who considers himself a martyr, a soldier for the white race. Bring back the the death penalty and you give him what he wants, not to mention risking "inspiring" other hate groups who recruit by promising their foot soldiers a type of honour and valor they're not able to achieve in real life.

Can't believe everything you read on the internet, but apparently in his manifesto, he'd rather to go to prison so the government can waste resources on keeping him alive.

I'm American, so the average view here on capital punishment is generally more in favor of than it is in the rest of the Western world. However, I'm normally against the death penalty—for the reason you said about innocent people being on death row and how people have been wrongly executed before—except for instances like this where it's obvious who the perpetrator is. As long as the act by a culprit can be proven without a doubt (going far beyond reasonable doubt because taking a life should be difficult), I'm with Hammurabi: an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Is it barbaric? Probably, but it's also fair.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Let him rot in prison.

The death penalty is the easy way out, you get injected and go to sleep forever.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:16 pm

There are more ways to execute someone than pumping them full of drugs.

Bring back death by a thousand cuts. Let the immediate family members of each person he murdered take a swipe at him imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:40 pm

The death penalty in cases like this leaves unintended consequences for those of us remaining here on Earth.

OBL's body wasn't publicly shown because its symbolic value could lead to increased militant action in an already dangerous area. Already in NZ synagogues have called off Saturday prayers because they can't arrange for more security on such short notice.

The far-right constantly mocks minorities (racial, sexual, gender, etc) for "inventing their oppression" and without any irony, turn around and claim that it is whites who are the real victims of racism and an uncaring government. Most people don't buy that. But that may change if a country reintroduces a death penalty for a white nationalist terrorist. Because then it will all be about "unequal treatment before the law", something they can truly rally around.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I want to see it because I'm morbid and have been desensitized by the internet tbh.

Where's the video of it?

I must be the only person in the world who hasn't seen it?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:Be the bigger man

If it was your loved one who got murdered you wouldn't want randoms watching it like some sort of exhibit

It's clearly wrong to watch it.

I know.

It's bad for your psyche too.

The world is saturated in violence because of phones and social media; before you would have to be there in person to witness it, but now everything is instantly broadcasted to the entire world.

Hmmm I don't know.

I actually think people don't see enough real death situations only video game and films and that removes the real feeling of consequence.

When you see a real murder there is definitely an uncomfortable, squirming feeling but all kids think its just fire and forget like the movies because there's no reality connection to the act, in a film it looks real but is part of the entertainment.

When you see a real one its like yuck.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Where's the video of it?

This is why it's wrong to watch the video.

There's nothing inherently wrong with watching it or wanting to watch it, but by asking where it is you are essentially asking people to share it, and sharing it is the problem. We can't give these nutjobs this amount of attention.

From what I've read it seems to be the one thing that all experts on this issue agree on: the less attention the perpetrator gets the less probably it will happen again.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Where's the video of it?

Can't find it anywhere, you know shit is real when even Live Leak has the video removed.

They've shut it down.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Where's the video of it?

Can't find it anywhere, you know shit is real when even Live Leak has the video removed.

They've shut it down.

I found it.

Guess where.

Not on Youtube, not on google but yes that's right on the living Cesspit known as Twitter which is why I barely ever go on that thing only to keep up with Boxers like Wilder and Joshua.

Fk sake, I downloaded it from some link on Twitter which led me through two websites and a torrent download link.

............... got to be honest, now the curiosity of being able to find it has been done, I'm actually perturbed about watching it now.
Just came from boxing and everything so feeling all manly and still I'm a bit eewww about watching it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 pm

Pudpop wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Where's the video of it?

This is why it's wrong to watch the video.

There's nothing inherently wrong with watching it or wanting to watch it, but by asking where it is you are essentially asking people to share it, and sharing it is the problem. We can't give these nutjobs this amount of attention.

From what I've read it seems to be the one thing that all experts on this issue agree on: the less attention the perpetrator gets the less probably it will happen again.

Sorry bro and I get the good intentions ........... but this is social engineering molly coddling BS.

As a grown man I have the right to do as I please, you should only ever be concerned with peoples real heart intentions, like the fk wit who carried out the shooting.

I'll explain my reasoning here .......... your argument is that its wrong to give these guys attention and notoriety but then we may as well scrap every history book in the library.

Hitler, Hernan Cortez, Ghengis Khan, Timur the lame, Stalin, Mao, Atilla.

These men make old Berrant or whatever his name is look like a fkin Choir boy, they have Millions of deaths EACH on their orders alone and we make films about them, write books about them, document their lives for thousands of years later.

See what I mean?

I was going to say granted there isn't video footage but there is I believe of WWII ad Japan getting nuked.

Ultimately we can all stand here and virtue signal but what I guess I'm trying to say is what's the point in trying to control human nature when you and I know you can't?

Its a pointless endeavour.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm

............... well.

Fitting punishment for this utter scum bag.

Strapped up to pole and set alight.

That would be a fitting last memory for his time on earth.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............... well.

Did you watch it?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:............... well.

Did you watch it?

Hence the post, yes.

C*nt is too nice of a word, if there was ever an advert for punching the Far Right back into their fk holes this was it!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 pm

I found the video too but couldn't bring myself to watch it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee