In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Two things ...........

Dismissing the effects the Far Left are having on our media, laws and Govt's means your being blissfully ignorant, its happening every day and people are getting fking tired of it, the Right are a hateful bunch but they are not oppressively trying to tell us all how to speak or what we can say and actually trying to make this BS law.

What exactly is the effect the "far left" on our media, laws, and government?

When we have had Tory lead government for the last nine years and a media dominated by the right?

In Canada Bill C-16, 2016 was passed and made legal.

In Britain there are constant talks around extending hate speech laws every time something offensive pops up, they are constantly probing, just because they're being voted down at the final hurdle doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Its having more effect on societies norms at the moment but that will eventually make its way into legislation when it becomes normalized.

Everything we say can be taken as racist, sexist, homophobic, Amber Rudd just got in trouble for saying Diane Abbot was coloured, where as I do think that term is pathetic due to it having that tone of there's White then everything else like black, brown, Asian are all one, that doesn't change the fact that people still say "People of colour" and that passes for fine when in fact its no fkin different, both are stupid phrases but you can't boil Amber Rudd alive for using it just phrased in an older fashioned way.

Safe spaces, word censorship, offensive language being re-written started off on Uni campus's but its now making its way into board rooms and work places.
The online media is riddled with PC tards, take the latest Marvel movie "Captain Marvel" just look online, the media and thousands if not more online users are at each other because anyone who doesn't like the movie is labelled sexist.
Now you may think "Well whatever, no big deal" but its effecting online reviewers who do this for a job, its splashed all over the headlines, all sorts.
Also Rotten Tomatoes actually deleted negative ratings and halted audience reviews trying to prop up the movies score ........... so don't say these things aren't having a public effect, companies are changing their policies around it and censoring people, Twitter does it, Youtube does it.

.............. and as Va Va said I'm fkin done with it.

PC culture needs a 12 gauge to the head, its also feeding Right wing trolls like the Anne Coulters of the world who have gotten increased support because people are sick of the Far left constantly getting in their faces.

This is a classic case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It's not a case of two wrongs etc. Yet again you're wheeling out false equivilencies.

You're comparing wanting to restrict hate speech with hate speech itself.

Faced with the inconvenient fact that we have a right wing government and right-dominated press, you bemoan that some people try to make things more PC. As is their right to try within a democracy. Unless you want to suppress their free speech and / or right to protest?

Then you invoke Captain f***ing Marvel

The only time I actually hear about or see all this "PC" stuff is not first hand, but from people complaining about it.

So seriously, who's the bigger snowflake here?

The PC brigade? Or you?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The Far Left is every bit as oppressive and dangerous as the Far Right, if not more so, the nature of their politics alone means the Far Right only care about their own economy, they are isolationists, the Far Left's ideology doesn't stop at their border, they want to spread it globally.

The Middle East disagrees. About 50 toppled government disagree.

Also DG you seem to not know what Bill C-16 is. Are you getting your politics from YouTube videos again?

Phil71 wrote:In America there's not a single word that can pass from someone's lips that they can be jailed for.

Not one. Nothing.

Wrong. "Fireee!!" ... in a crowded theater.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockape » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Or ‘bomb’ in an airport or aircraft!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:56 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Two things ...........

Dismissing the effects the Far Left are having on our media, laws and Govt's means your being blissfully ignorant, its happening every day and people are getting fking tired of it, the Right are a hateful bunch but they are not oppressively trying to tell us all how to speak or what we can say and actually trying to make this BS law.

What exactly is the effect the "far left" on our media, laws, and government?

When we have had Tory lead government for the last nine years and a media dominated by the right?

In Canada Bill C-16, 2016 was passed and made legal.

In Britain there are constant talks around extending hate speech laws every time something offensive pops up, they are constantly probing, just because they're being voted down at the final hurdle doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Its having more effect on societies norms at the moment but that will eventually make its way into legislation when it becomes normalized.

Everything we say can be taken as racist, sexist, homophobic, Amber Rudd just got in trouble for saying Diane Abbot was coloured, where as I do think that term is pathetic due to it having that tone of there's White then everything else like black, brown, Asian are all one, that doesn't change the fact that people still say "People of colour" and that passes for fine when in fact its no fkin different, both are stupid phrases but you can't boil Amber Rudd alive for using it just phrased in an older fashioned way.

Safe spaces, word censorship, offensive language being re-written started off on Uni campus's but its now making its way into board rooms and work places.
The online media is riddled with PC tards, take the latest Marvel movie "Captain Marvel" just look online, the media and thousands if not more online users are at each other because anyone who doesn't like the movie is labelled sexist.
Now you may think "Well whatever, no big deal" but its effecting online reviewers who do this for a job, its splashed all over the headlines, all sorts.
Also Rotten Tomatoes actually deleted negative ratings and halted audience reviews trying to prop up the movies score ........... so don't say these things aren't having a public effect, companies are changing their policies around it and censoring people, Twitter does it, Youtube does it.

.............. and as Va Va said I'm fkin done with it.

PC culture needs a 12 gauge to the head, its also feeding Right wing trolls like the Anne Coulters of the world who have gotten increased support because people are sick of the Far left constantly getting in their faces.

This is a classic case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It's not a case of two wrongs etc. Yet again you're wheeling out false equivilencies.

You're comparing wanting to restrict hate speech with hate speech itself.

Faced with the inconvenient fact that we have a right wing government and right-dominated press, you bemoan that some people try to make things more PC. As is their right to try within a democracy. Unless you want to suppress their free speech and / or right to protest?

Then you invoke Captain f***ing Marvel

The only time I actually hear about or see all this "PC" stuff is not first hand, but from people complaining about it.

So seriously, who's the bigger snowflake here?

The PC brigade? Or you?

You see the reason you lose this argument is because your playing a game of zero sums, your propping up the Left against the Right when I'm calling them both for what they are ....... un-needed ideologies.

Restricting hate speech leads to actual enforced restricted speech harming our rights to actual freedom of speech.

Funnily enough its what the Nazis did to the German media during the 40's, you see dictatorial ideologies have lots in common, control, hence why both sides use similar tactics, this is why I raised Bill C-16 in Canada.

Then you say we have a Right wing Gov't yet our Prime minister is a Remainer and so is the Front Bench bar Leadsom.

Lets not cloud the facts, Parliament is almost 3/4 Left leaning or Liberal which is why a Referendum result in the biggest vote in UK history can't even pass the House.

You asked how are the PC brigade affecting us and so I raised the sexist row around Cap Marvel simply because its the latest example and don't underestimate how wide spread those films are in the modern populace, they don't make billions for nothing, they have a very strong following, companies and media are all involved demonstrating how speech is being impaired and censored by the PC mob.

As for Jedi what's Youtube got to do with anything? your taking a legit Gov't bill and saying "Errh its just Youtube" this is law in Canada ffs! you can go to court for it, its not "Youtube".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The Far Left is every bit as oppressive and dangerous as the Far Right, if not more so, the nature of their politics alone means the Far Right only care about their own economy, they are isolationists, the Far Left's ideology doesn't stop at their border, they want to spread it globally.

What does this even mean?

State your point properly don't think unwitty quips which don't even make sense pass as a legitimate argument.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:

State your point properly don't think unwitty quips which don't even make sense pass as a legitimate argument.

I think he's referring to America
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:24 pm

DG you're simply making stuff up. Fact is we have THE MOST right wing government in your lifetime right now, propped up by the DUP

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm

UFGN wrote:DG you're simply making stuff up. Fact is we have THE MOST right wing government in your lifetime right now, propped up by the DUP

The late great Maggie Thatcher would profoundly disagree with that.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

You're wrong on the far right being isolationists.

You're wrong to attribute every death under Communism to Communism but then not do the same thing with Capitalism.

You're wrong on Bill C-16.

You're wrong on plenty more but I'd rather not go any deeper.

Pick one of the three and i can expand.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You're wrong to attribute every death under Communism to Communism but then not do the same thing with Capitalism.

Your confusing Far Right with Religious zealots, I'm talking about Far Right ideology as it is in the West, i.e based on Racial lines, they are isolationists by ideology, Religious ideology is not a political ideology.

I'm not wrong about deaths under Communism, what deaths are you attributing to Capitalism exactly? when has a Capitalist Gov't slaughtered millions of people in its own society because it deemed them as threats? ........ or just because they wear glasses?

I'm not wrong on Bill C-16.

So what have we learned today? saying someone "Is wrong" isn't a valid rebutal unfortunately.

So if I want you to focus on one ............. Bill C-16, lets go with that one, what exactly am I "wrong" about.

.......... this should be fun.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Phil71 wrote:In America there's not a single word that can pass from someone's lips that they can be jailed for.

Not one. Nothing.

The one piece of enlightened law that has come from America. Too bad we never valued that right as much as they do, now we have almost lost it forever.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Your confusing Far Right with Religious zealots, I'm talking about Far Right ideology as it is in the West, i.e based on Racial lines, they are isolationists by ideology, Religious ideology is not a political ideology.

I'm not wrong about deaths under Communism, what deaths are you attributing to Capitalism exactly? when has a Capitalist Gov't slaughtered millions of people in its own society because it deemed them as threats? ........ or just because they wear glasses?

I'm not wrong on Bill C-16.

So what have we learned today? saying someone "Is wrong" isn't a valid rebutal unfortunately.

So if I want you to focus on one ............. Bill C-16, lets go with that one, what exactly am I "wrong" about.

.......... this should be fun.

I never said it was a rebuttal. I stated 3 topics you are wrong on and i asked you to pick which one you want me to expand on... but you were to impatient and apparently didn't read that part. That is precisely why i don't want to discuss 3 topics at the same time with you. I will spend time and energy to make a good point which you will completely ignore and then you'll only address the parts you like.

Since you didn't pick one, let's go with Bill C-16.

You're completely wrong on Bill C-16. I think that It's a completely safe assumption to make that you watched Jordan Peterson whine about it (tell me it ain't so). He essentially built his career misrepresenting it.

The bill adds "gender identity or expression" to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination in the Canadian Human Rights Act and the list of characteristics of identifiable groups protected from hate propaganda in the Criminal Code. It also adds that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on a person's gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance for a court to consider when imposing a criminal sentence.

The Canadian Human Rights Act is basically the same as the Civil Rights Act in the United States. What this means is that it outlaws discrimination by employers when it comes to race, sex, religion... and now gender expression.

· What Bill C-16 doesn't do:
- prohibit you from saying you believe transwomen are still men
- prohibit you from misgendering a transwoman.
- it doesn't even prohibit calling them slurs (unless you work at the same place)

· What Bill C-16 does do:
- prohibit employers from harassing their employees because they are trans or generally discriminating against them. What it constitutes is the same for any other group. An employer can't call his black employees n-words or slaves. Similarly a boss can't call their trans employees fags or any similar slur. It has nothing to do with being legally bound to use their preferred pronouns.

Nobody is going to jail because of pronouns. It's bullshit propaganda peddled to you on YouTube. There's even a special subreddit that tracks how many people have been jailed due to Bill C-16 since it got passed.

Spoiler: It's zero.

B..b...but i thought the SJW's were going to start mass executions of straight white males as soon as it got passed.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm sorry but this is fkin hilarious, allow me to quote myself then your response and see what's not quite right here ................

You said ..........

Jedi wrote:Pick one of the three and i can expand.

I said ...............

DiamondGooner wrote:So if I want you to focus on one ............. Bill C-16, lets go with that one, what exactly am I "wrong" about.

Then you came back with .............

Jedi wrote: i asked you to pick which one you want me to expand on... but you were to impatient and apparently didn't read that part.

:tumbleweed:

Jedi, mate .......... don't worry it happens to the best of us. :rofll: :rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm sorry but this is fkin hilarious, allow me to quote myself then your response and see what's not quite right here ................

You said ..........

I said ...............

DiamondGooner wrote:So if I want you to focus on one ............. Bill C-16, lets go with that one, what exactly am I "wrong" about.

Jedi wrote: i asked you to pick which one you want me to expand on... but you were to impatient and apparently didn't read that part.

i have nothing to say
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm sorry but this is fkin hilarious, allow me to quote myself then your response and see what's not quite right here ................

You said ..........

I said ...............

Yeah Jedi came back with much more than that.

In fact he came back with a response which essentially proves you're a gullible idiot, and you haven't even bothered to rebut that, so the rest of us just have to assume that's the case since you don't want to prove Jedi wrong and show any of your sources for your (baseless) claims.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee