In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-says-nobody-told-me-no-10-lockdown-garden-party-was-against-the-rules-12519115
Come on Boris, really? You stood at a podium on national TV and told us we couldn't meet except for one othr person outside. You told people not to go to work unless it was unavoidable. Pubs and resaurants were closed, this is the biggest insult - he has to go.

The hysteria has to stop.
We’re treating a party as if it were murder.
Rules for thee and not for me it’s standard fare in politics. It’s disgusting and needs to stop , though it never will. But for goodness sake, there are far bigger issues than this that the govt is completely inept on and always is whether Tory or Labour… or any other party.

If this could be a catalyst for real change then great but I see no point in making this about Johnson and replacing him with some other duplicitous crook.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm

The hysteria won't stop until BJ goes. We are in a world of 24 hour news and wall to wall social media, it won't stop. As you say, there are more important things to deal with, pass the baton on.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:03 pm

Goonerred wrote:The hysteria won't stop until BJ goes. We are in a world of 24 hour news and wall to wall social media, it won't stop. As you say, there are more important things to deal with, pass the baton on.

The pressure is being cranked up now.

I think he'll go.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:The hysteria won't stop until BJ goes. We are in a world of 24 hour news and wall to wall social media, it won't stop. As you say, there are more important things to deal with, pass the baton on.

I think he'll go.

I think he knows it too. He just referred to the 'partygate enquiry' when asked any questions on it. First 20 minutes of PMQs about BJ and whether or not he should resign, it's getting in the way of running the country. I can't think of anyone who could be PM right now though.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I think he'll go.

I think he knows it too. He just referred to the 'partygate enquiry' when asked any questions on it. First 20 minutes of PMQs about BJ and whether or not he should resign, it's getting in the way of running the country. I can't think of anyone who could be PM right now though.

No. Nobody has that appeal.

Farage would win by a landslide if he was a Conservative.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-says-nobody-told-me-no-10-lockdown-garden-party-was-against-the-rules-12519115
Come on Boris, really? You stood at a podium on national TV and told us we couldn't meet except for one othr person outside. You told people not to go to work unless it was unavoidable. Pubs and resaurants were closed, this is the biggest insult - he has to go.

The hysteria has to stop.
We’re treating a party as if it were murder.
Rules for thee and not for me it’s standard fare in politics. It’s disgusting and needs to stop , though it never will. But for goodness sake, there are far bigger issues than this that the govt is completely inept on and always is whether Tory or Labour… or any other party.

If this could be a catalyst for real change then great but I see no point in making this about Johnson and replacing him with some other duplicitous crook.

Nah not on this one.

Guys standing up there forcing people to get jabbed, telling people where they can or cannot go, dishing out lockdowns like frisbee's.

Fk him, let him get his public whipping.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:16 pm

Goonerred wrote:A Tory MP from the Red Wall defects to Labour. Some people will do anything to stay in power, he has a small majority and obviously thinks he has a better chance as a Labour candidate. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last candidate available, I have Tory politics, but I'll change to Labour if it means you'll vote for me - no scruples. I also don't think MPs should be allowed to just defect to another party, if I vote for a certain party, I don't expect to be represented by another party before another election. They shoud have to trigger a by election then see where they are at.

Smarmy Starmer cracking the jokes, can't stand the guy.

Absolutely agree.

Most MPs get in on the back of their Party.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:41 pm

LMAO wrote:
The US Supreme Court has refused to hear the appeal of an American woman who joined the Islamic State (IS) and is seeking re-entry to the US.

Hoda Muthana grew up in Alabama and travelled to Syria to join IS in 2014.

While she was abroad, authorities determined Ms Muthana, now 27, was not a US citizen and revoked her passport.

In 2019, Ms Muthana's father appealed against a federal court that barred her entry. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court declined the case without comment.

Ms Muthana, the daughter of a Yemeni diplomat, was born in the US. But under federal law, the children of diplomats born in the US are not automatically bestowed citizenship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59974939

hahahaha get f***ked

I was thinking about this earlier today when reading another article on the subject. Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that these dirtbags should be shown the door, I couldn't help thinking that the law used to ban them - I.e; that they have the right to citizenship elsewhere - applies more to one particular group of people worldwide than any others. Jews!.

Under Israeli law, every *** has the right to citizenship. So if any government anywhere in the world has a *** that they want to get rid of - even if that person's family has lived there for 500 years - they can kick them out, comfortable in the knowledge that Israel will take them.

Interesting thought.

Edit to ask; why is the word Jewe (deliberately spelled incorrectly to get past the system) banned? It's not an offensive word. It's an accurate and widely used description of someone who's Jewish.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:33 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:
The US Supreme Court has refused to hear the appeal of an American woman who joined the Islamic State (IS) and is seeking re-entry to the US.

Hoda Muthana grew up in Alabama and travelled to Syria to join IS in 2014.

While she was abroad, authorities determined Ms Muthana, now 27, was not a US citizen and revoked her passport.

In 2019, Ms Muthana's father appealed against a federal court that barred her entry. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court declined the case without comment.

Ms Muthana, the daughter of a Yemeni diplomat, was born in the US. But under federal law, the children of diplomats born in the US are not automatically bestowed citizenship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59974939

hahahaha get f***ked

I was thinking about this earlier today when reading another article on the subject. Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that these dirtbags should be shown the door, I couldn't help thinking that the law used to ban them - I.e; that they have the right to citizenship elsewhere - applies more to one particular group of people worldwide than any others. Jews!.

Under Israeli law, every *** has the right to citizenship. So if any government anywhere in the world has a *** that they want to get rid of - even if that person's family has lived there for 500 years - they can kick them out, comfortable in the knowledge that Israel will take them.

Interesting thought.

Edit to ask; why is the word Jewe (deliberately spelled incorrectly to get past the system) banned? It's not an offensive word. It's an accurate and widely used description of someone who's Jewish.

Jude works. German is close enough lol

But anyway, Israel definitely has some interesting laws for citizenship. Someone can convert to Judaism and be given a passport if they emigrate to Israel. I don't know of any other country where it's that 'easy' to obtain citizenship.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:15 am

Reiss wrote:
Goonerred wrote:A Tory MP from the Red Wall defects to Labour. Some people will do anything to stay in power, he has a small majority and obviously thinks he has a better chance as a Labour candidate. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last candidate available, I have Tory politics, but I'll change to Labour if it means you'll vote for me - no scruples. I also don't think MPs should be allowed to just defect to another party, if I vote for a certain party, I don't expect to be represented by another party before another election. They shoud have to trigger a by election then see where they are at.

This made me so confused.

How can you go from Tories to Labour just like that?

It's like an Arsenal fan waking up one day and deciding to support Tottenham lol

In 2020 the same guy also suppoorted a private members bill to ensure that anyone changing like that had to have a by election. Hypocrate of the highest order.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:05 am

Goonerred wrote:
Reiss wrote:

It's like an Arsenal fan waking up one day and deciding to support Tottenham lol

In 2020 the same guy also suppoorted a private members bill to ensure that anyone changing like that had to have a by election. Hypocrate of the highest order.

And just watch him argue "well my constituents were really voting for me to represent them, not the party". Which technically, and legally is correct but morally not so much. It's not like the old EU elections or the London list where you are voting for the party.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Reiss wrote:

And just watch him argue "well my constituents were really voting for me to represent them, not the party". Which technically, and legally is correct but morally not so much. It's not like the old EU elections or the London list where you are voting for the party.

He must have been spouting Tory values as he was a Tory. People voted for him as a Tory, now they have Labour, which is totally wrong in my opinion. Let him have a by election, if he wins, fair enough. Look at all of those MPs who defected to that new party Chaka Moona and co, not one got elected in 2019, Ana Soubury was convinced she would.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm

While our media keeps bleating on about parties and whether or not the PM should resign, the real world keeps on spinning

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-invas ... e-12520950

This is quite scary and when our attention is turned, I fear China will have a pop at Taiwan.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Goonerred wrote:While our media keeps bleating on about parties and whether or not the PM should resign, the real world keeps on spinning

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-invas ... e-12520950

This is quite scary and when our attention is turned, I fear China will have a pop at Taiwan.

An interesting take on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... er-dispute
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:52 pm

An opportunity now to see how fked up the UK is.

I hope I'm surprised and they drop all charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hKFLPPGoE

Man was stabbing a mum outside of a school and a driver passing by hit the attacker with his car, both the attacker and the mum died.

The driver (of course, this is England) was arrested and charged with murder if you can fkin believe that sht.

He tried to save a young womans life ffs.

This establishement which I always thought was "not too bad" have the more that I've got older and learned more, have shown me how messed up they truly are.

Ever since King Charles and the monarchy got done by Cromwell and the lower classes the establishement have actively and viciously pursued a course of oppression against us with anything to do with any hint of violence ......... it doesn't matter even if your defending your own life, they will crush your rights to self defence so long as your the winner.

That's something I learned a long time ago in the courts, they don't care who broke the law or who the criminal is, they only care about keeping us cowed.

Do you know in this fked up countries rules, someone can invade your home and if you hurt them "too much" a the court will decide inch by inch, detail by detail about "how far" have you gone.

If there is one thing I fkin hate about England its the self defence laws aren't worth the paper they're printed on, you life and safety means nothing to them, they just don't want to see any assertive or victorious self defence, they'd rather you got beaten up or killed than assert your own safety.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee