In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Well done to the German court.

We need decisions like that over here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nship.html

So what's your view on the Catholic religion then?

If your going to take this view of as that DM suggested that Islam is not compatible with German society then what about the Catholic religion.

Doesn't the bible say something about killing or stoning all men who lay with other men?

hmmmm.

The fact is and this is my point all along is you have two conflicted lines here.

No1 - All religions are not compatible with Western society to one degree or another, treatment of animals, homophobic, acceptable killings ........ you name it, there will be something in the bible, torah, quran which will be against the law / society.

No2 - Western Law states someone should be able to practice their fath without discrimination, so if the guy didn't want to shake her hand due to religion then that should of been protected under that law.
E.g if they offered him a Ham sandwich and he refused would they deny his citizenship based on that? or told him to toast his certificate with a glass of wine and he refused?

If so then the rules need to be clarified because currently Western law or at least German law is at odds with itself, because the laws state to be accepting, yet that incident is exclusive.

Fact is today bashing Islam which doesn't effect you in your daily life has just become an excuse for the Far Right to do a modern version of "P*ki bashing" they know they can't use race anymore so they pick on the next best thing which is their religion to pick fights with them.
Its pretty obvious.

When is the last time you heard of catholics stoning anyone to death?

The three Abrahamic religions are based on the old testament. Only one of them still takes it literally. In fact they've added even more violence.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Phil71 wrote:When is the last time you heard of catholics stoning anyone to death?

The three Abrahamic religions are based on the old testament. Only one of them still takes it literally.

Absolutely ............ so the only answer is that all religion is BS lol.

You can't say "The muslim religion is bad" just because they actually follow it, what kind of crap is that?

The only reason we say the Catholic religion is acceptable isn't because its better or less violent, its because no one follows it to the letter anymore, that doesn't make it better though, it just means its not being followed.

Don't lie with anyone before marriage - exactly, no one follows the fkin thing, that's not better it simply means no one adheres to it ffs.

That doesn't change the fact that Western law still protects the practice of religion, that guy in Germany was discriminated against, simple as that, i don't make the rules, I'm just stating what is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one, but keep whatever you do with it private, and definitely don't try to shove it down my throat.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Phil71 wrote:Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one, but keep whatever you do with it private, and definitely don't try to shove it down my throat.

But that's the only difference in the religions, Islam is no worse, no better, the only difference is that Islamic followers still actually practice the religion.

No religion is compatible with Western society laws, in fact they're not compatible with any modern Governments laws globally.

........... and yet the right to practice is protected, so work that one out?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Imagine thinking your god is omnipotent yet being so insecure that you murder someone over a caricature of a person who died almost a millennia and a half ago.

Is the drawing disrespectful to Muslims? Maybe. Is a drawing worth murdering someone over? Miss me with that.

That's because you have no faith and simply don't understand.

Religion teaches people to be zealous and loyal of their faith and everyone knows that muslims have said from day one "Please do not show images of our prophet".

The attitude toward religion is 100 years behind in the East, they still respect their religion.

Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all Abrahamic religions that originated in Mesopotamia. So, if Islam is an Eastern religion, Christianity and Judaism are too.

On a different note, the most advanced religions are, in fact, Eastern religions, Buddhism and Taoism. Atheism, materialism, and agnosticism originated in the East. Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, and some sects within Hinduism have atheistic schools of thoughts.

Not every religion teaches its followers to be zealous or loyal, especially not core Eastern religions.

The cult-like religious mentality is a result of a monotheistic construct that derives its essence from a monolithic, singular book. Buddhism doesn't have one specific book that they live and die for. Same for Taoism and Jainism. Hinduism has over 112 treatises—each contradicts the other in various elements.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Rush Limbaugh's lung cancer is terminal loooool

Thoughts and prayers to the cancer for having to endure him as a host.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:33 am

The Pope comes out in support of same-sex civil unions. 1989 goes wild!

Won't support same-sex marriage though. Maybe in 2051.

Still needs to do something about his pedo priests too.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 am

LMAO wrote:The Pope comes out in support of same-sex civil unions. 1989 goes wild!

No they will just keep shifting them around and denying they exist.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:32 am

LMAO wrote:The Pope comes out in support of same-sex civil unions. 1989 goes wild!

If that particular religion doesn't support gay people getting married within their institution what's the problem? Gay people can still get married - just not in a catholic church. They can't get married in a mosque either.

I really don't know why anyone would want to get married by a church that doesn't agree with it anyway.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not in any way religious, and definitely not anti-gay. I fully support gay marriage - but I don't believe religious institutions should be forced to comply. Just as I don't believe we should be forced to comply with anything religions might demand.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:47 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.

In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.

In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Imagine thinking your god is omnipotent yet being so insecure that you murder someone over a caricature of a person who died almost a millennia and a half ago.

Is the drawing disrespectful to Muslims? Maybe. Is a drawing worth murdering someone over? Miss me with that.

Religion teaches people to be zealous and loyal of their faith and everyone knows that muslims have said from day one "Please do not show images of our prophet".

The attitude toward religion is 100 years behind in the East, they still respect their religion.

Don't even get me started on what Catholics have done in the name of god, they've butchered, burned and murdered their way through Europe, just because Western society has shed most of the dogma that doesn't mean you get to act anyway you want towards others.

I think religion is a load of horse sh*t, but do I go up to Catholics and say Jesus is a Pedo and your God is a made up piece of crap? ........... people today have completely forgotten that actions have consequences because we live in an age where w*nkers whip their phones out at every confrontation and use it like a shield to grass people up.

I have no sympathy, that teacher chose his actions, I'm not saying the response was just, I'm saying he chose to take that risk.

The moral of the story is, was it worth it simply to be edgey and insult someones religion? how about good old fashioned respect and being polite for your fellow man?

I can't get behind this at all.

If I moved to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, or Afghanistan, then I better keep my atheism under wraps.

If I moved to Thailand, then I better not insult the king.

etc. etc. etc.

Same thing just in reverse. Muslims immigrating to Western, secular societies need to adapt to the local culture rather than the other way around. If they don't like it, then they can always turn around and emigrate to a place where their views are more accepted. Plenty of Muslims have adapted to Western culture, but like f**k if the extremists think Western culture is going to acquiesce to their outdated norms.
100%

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 am

Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't even get me started on what Catholics have done in the name of god, they've butchered, burned and murdered their way through Europe, just because Western society has shed most of the dogma that doesn't mean you get to act anyway you want towards others.

I think religion is a load of horse sh*t, but do I go up to Catholics and say Jesus is a Pedo and your God is a made up piece of crap? ........... people today have completely forgotten that actions have consequences because we live in an age where w*nkers whip their phones out at every confrontation and use it like a shield to grass people up.

I have no sympathy, that teacher chose his actions, I'm not saying the response was just, I'm saying he chose to take that risk.

The moral of the story is, was it worth it simply to be edgey and insult someones religion? how about good old fashioned respect and being polite for your fellow man?

I can't get behind this at all.

If I moved to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, or Afghanistan, then I better keep my atheism under wraps.

If I moved to Thailand, then I better not insult the king.

etc. etc. etc.

Same thing just in reverse. Muslims immigrating to Western, secular societies need to adapt to the local culture rather than the other way around. If they don't like it, then they can always turn around and emigrate to a place where their views are more accepted. Plenty of Muslims have adapted to Western culture, but like f**k if the extremists think Western culture is going to acquiesce to their outdated norms.
100%

+1
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely ............ so the only answer is that all religion is BS lol.

You can't say "The muslim religion is bad" just because they actually follow it, what kind of crap is that?

The only reason we say the Catholic religion is acceptable isn't because its better or less violent, its because no one follows it to the letter anymore, that doesn't make it better though, it just means its not being followed.

Don't lie with anyone before marriage - exactly, no one follows the fkin thing, that's not better it simply means no one adheres to it ffs.

That doesn't change the fact that Western law still protects the practice of religion, that guy in Germany was discriminated against, simple as that, i don't make the rules, I'm just stating what is.

No you're not you're just making up total bollocks to fit your argument ...

Once you get away from countries ruled by religious nut-jobs then in all Western civilisation the rule of law trumps the teaching of religion every time. The guy in German was failing to abide by the rules that govern German citizenship - doesn't matter why he refused because the same rule applies to everyone, it's the exact opposite of discrimination.

If some backwards brainwashed idiot wants to teach his son that committing murder is fine under his religion, then firstly he's a complete **** and secondly he's breaking the law and will get punished. There is no get out of jail free card from any mythical God.

Western law protects your right to follow your religious belief provided it isn't detrimental for anyone else. It does not allow you to break laws just because they contradict any religious brainwashing - for you to think that clearly shows you've been brainwashed, you should get some therapy.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:47 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Absolutely ............ so the only answer is that all religion is BS lol.

No you're not you're just making up total bollocks to fit your argument ...

Once you get away from countries ruled by religious nut-jobs then in all Western civilisation the rule of law trumps the teaching of religion every time. The guy in German was failing to abide by the rules that govern German citizenship - doesn't matter why he refused because the same rule applies to everyone, it's the exact opposite of discrimination.

If some backwards brainwashed idiot wants to teach his son that committing murder is fine under his religion, then firstly he's a complete **** and secondly he's breaking the law and will get punished. There is no get out of jail free card from any mythical God.

Western law protects your right to follow your religious belief provided it isn't detrimental for anyone else. It does not allow you to break laws just because they contradict any religious brainwashing - for you to think that clearly shows you've been brainwashed, you should get some therapy.

Many countries which are on the face of it secular, still have laws based on Christian principles which discriminate

For example, in many countries same sex marriage is still banned - based on the Christian instruction that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Because gay people cant marry this then leads to other indirect discrimination re inheritance, rights of a partner to give consent for medical treatment, tax implications, adoption, pensions etc etc

All caused by laws still underpinned by Christian values
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:I take your point and of course showing unnecessary violent or sexual images should not be condoned or allowed, but my point stands that it is now even more important for educators to tackle these mind-poisoning issues based on religious intolerance. The Charle Hedbo incidents are a huge teaching opportunity, on the one hand it shows where cartoonists and publishers need to show sensitivity and restraint, on the other hand how intolerance of a simple drawing leading to murder must be unacceptable whatever religion you follow.

To not teach this would be leaving children open to unopposed parental or religious indoctrination ... which sadly even in the 21st century is still a huge problem for many children.

In the end of the day I'd challenge you or anyone to give a valid reason to do something which you KNOW is going to p*ss people off religiously for no reason.

In this day and age, EVERY LITTLE THING you do or say will offend somebody. Thats how f***ing soft we have become.

But in most cases you won't get beheaded.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee