In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Don't know much about the story and he probably is just a isolated madman but to much of this rap/grime/drill shit influences that its macho to carry knives, guns and sell drugs

omegalul

And we should blame GTA and CoD while we're at it. Maybe throw in Ozzy for good measure.

Also, this isn't rap, but the lyrics are pretty clear:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 am

The details about the 14 year old moped rider are starting to appear and confirm that despite the parents protests, he was a drug runner whose luck ran out.

It really is a perfect insight as to just how far the country has fallen in terms of controlling drugs......where will it end?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am

Anyone ask why a 14 year old was riding a moped in the first place? Isn't he under the age limit?

That's something dodgy right there.

No doubt it was drug related
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 am

Ach wrote:Anyone ask why a 14 year old was riding a moped in the first place? Isn't he under the age limit?

This was my thought too.

His family have even said he 'was riding his moped...'. They would have known it was illegal.

Not a justification for his being stabbed to death of course, even if it was drug related. But a 14 year old riding around on a moped does indicate some degree of leading an outlaw lifestyle.

I love too how some people immediately blame the authorities for this sort of thing. 'Lack of funding' is being used as an excuse by the local Labour MP. Lack of discipline and lack of respect for law and order is more like it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 am

Phil71 wrote:
Ach wrote:Anyone ask why a 14 year old was riding a moped in the first place? Isn't he under the age limit?

This was my thought too.

His family have even said he 'was riding his moped...'. They would have known it was illegal.

Not a justification for his being stabbed to death of course, even if it was drug related. But a 14 year old riding around on a moped does indicate some degree of leading an outlaw lifestyle.

I love too how some people immediately blame the authorities for this sort of thing. 'Lack of funding' is being used as an excuse by the local Labour MP. Lack of discipline and lack of respect for law and order is more like it.

For me......pays yur money takes yur chances.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

It was weird how the media reported it as if a 14 year old riding a moped is the norm! That probably shows how PC they have become.....whilst everyone in the land is going WTF........14 year old on a moped??
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

This was my thought too.

For me......pays yur money takes yur chances.

I think most people would have some degree of sympathy...but still come to this conclusion .
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 pm

So, nobody's going to talk about the soon-to-be richest woman in the world?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Rockape wrote:The details about the 14 year old moped rider are starting to appear and confirm that despite the parents protests, he was a drug runner whose luck ran out.

It really is a perfect insight as to just how far the country has fallen in terms of controlling drugs......where will it end?

It was never in control of drugs .......... ever.

The only difference now is so many youngsters see it as their only opportunity to make money.

Being a drug dealer used to be more niche, now its promoted as a first choice way of living the life.

There was lots of crazy stuff happening in the 80's and 90's but it was more located in the circles of proper criminals, now, little dave from down the road is doing it rather than going to school or getting a job.

Also, yes the parents will always try and paint out like their kids are angels, who wants to be ousted as a lapse parent when the death of your child has made national news?

Tbf on parents its not easy these days at all if it ever was, but how can we say to people now "Control your children" when the law was set up over 10 years ago to not allow parents to control their kids legally?

Your not allowed to punish kids anymore so fk all that talk about judging parents, we've emasculated parents, you could be the best dad in the world but if your child starts selling drugs how are you supposed to stop them with the laws now? kids no longer fear their parents and because they don't fear them the respect flies out of the window along with it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:The details about the 14 year old moped rider are starting to appear and confirm that despite the parents protests, he was a drug runner whose luck ran out.

The only difference now is so many youngsters see it as their only opportunity to make money.

Being a drug dealer used to be more niche, now its promoted as a first choice way of living the life.

There was lots of crazy stuff happening in the 80's and 90's but it was more located in the circles of proper criminals, now, little dave from down the road is doing it rather than going to school or getting a job.

Also, yes the parents will always try and paint out like their kids are angels, who wants to be ousted as a lapse parent when the death of your child has made national news?

Tbf on parents its not easy these days at all if it ever was, but how can we say to people now "Control your children" when the law was set up over 10 years ago to not allow parents to control their kids legally?

Your not allowed to punish kids anymore so fk all that talk about judging parents, we've emasculated parents, you could be the best dad in the world but if your child starts selling drugs how are you supposed to stop them with the laws now? kids no longer fear their parents and because they don't fear them the respect flies out of the window along with it.

Parenting is still a huge issue. Just cos you can't beat kids anymore doesn't mean you can't be strict. Me and my brother grew up poorer than anyone you can name in this country. We both have decent jobs

The family who lived next door to us in the same cockroach infested b&b.... their kid grew up to be an architect.

Our parents were strict. It wasn't about discipline it was about values

Meanwhile some of the lads I grew up with.... one was on heroin for years.... no idea if he survived it... middle class family but a useless mum

Another guy who killed himself in a drug binge.... same

And another one whose in prison for murder.... same
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Parenting is still a huge issue. Just cos you can't beat kids anymore doesn't mean you can't be strict. Me and my brother grew up poorer than anyone you can name in this country. We both have decent jobs

The family who lived next door to us in the same cockroach infested b&b.... their kid grew up to be an architect.

Meanwhile some of the lads I grew up with.... one was on heroin for years.... no idea if he survived it... middle class family but a useless mum

Absolutely.

The greatest thing any parent can do for their kids is to bring them up as decent people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Absolutely.

The greatest thing any parent can do for their kids is to bring them up as decent people.

But that was back then ........ how can you even be strict now if your child doesn't do as you say?

You can only be strict if you can enforce it, I do agree though on setting the example early while their young makes a big difference, I knew kids mums who let them roam the streets at night when they were as young as 11 years old, it took my mum till I was older before she let me just go off and come back when I pleased.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Absolutely.

But that was back then ........ how can you even be strict now if your child doesn't do as you say?

You can only be strict if you can enforce it, I do agree though on setting the example early while their young makes a big difference, I knew kids mums who let them roam the streets at night when they were as young as 11 years old, it took my mum till I was older before she let me just go off and come back when I pleased.

It makes no difference now or back then

It only makes a difference if you're looking for an excuse. The same values apply now as then.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Perhaps not.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

The majority of badly behaved kids have either been parented badly or had something disturbing going on.

But for the majority of those it is just bad parenting.

And it’s not about beating them. We never smacked any of our kids. If you’re not intelligent enough to outsmart a three year old you don’t deserve kids.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee