In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Now before some dumbass jumps up to claim that there were slaves everywhere, right, but not taken from their country of birth and sold as part of a trade in countries with people of a different ethnicity - as recently as the 1900s and less than 100 years ago !

I am that dumbass! :lol: I don't think a Lakota Sioux woman taken from her tribe in Minnesota by Chippewas during a raid and then taken to what is now Ontario then sold on to a Mohawk tribe in what is now Ohio would make that distinction. Though I do see your point that there is a distinction to be made between a slave taking culture (Vikings perhaps, Native Americans) and an industrialized slave trade that involved the African slave catchers, to the Europeans who bought them, shipped them like cattle, resold them and the new "owners" who used them as labor.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:55 pm

As we know the main slave trade as we know it, took black Africans to the America to mostly work on the Plantations. I first learned about that when watching Roots back in the early 70's. Possibly the most eye opening series in my lifetime.

Later, I read much more about Africa and read that the various tribes used to raid neighboring tribes and take them as slaves for themselves. Subsequently, I have read that almost every country at various stages in history had slaves....in fact tell me a country that didn't? Clearly the American story was most repellent, due to the conditions that they transported them and the fact that they were a supposedly civilised country, who should have known better. But my point is.....if we are to expect people to apologise for their country's past misdemenours, which country would be innocent?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Rockape wrote:As we know the main slave trade as we know it, took black Africans to the America to mostly work on the Plantations. I first learned about that when watching Roots back in the early 70's. Possibly the most eye opening series in my lifetime.

Later, I read much more about Africa and read that the various tribes used to raid neighboring tribes and take them as slaves for themselves. Subsequently, I have read that almost every country at various stages in history had slaves....in fact tell me a country that didn't? Clearly the American story was most repellent, due to the conditions that they transported them and the fact that they were a supposedly civilised country, who should have known better. But my point is.....if we are to expect people to apologise for their country's past misdemenours, which country would be innocent?

The thing is it was not the "American" story. It is more of a European story, and African story, the complete "supply line". It populated the entire Caribbean, Central America, South America, SE USA, parts of Canada. It was massive "industry" that funded the British Empire, the Portuguese, Italian, German, Dutch, Belgian, French Empires and colonial endeavors. So as you say, how can anyone correct the past? We learn from it and individuals either move on or they retreat into to past.

But lets not fool ourselves, this has become a political vehicle for Marxism and Anarchism.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Rockape wrote:As we know the main slave trade as we know it, took black Africans to the America to mostly work on the Plantations. I first learned about that when watching Roots back in the early 70's. Possibly the most eye opening series in my lifetime.

Roots showed Kunte Kinte and others being captured by white people.

That wouldn't have happened.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 pm

In other news, The UK gives the Hong Kong British nationals the right to come and get the citizenship we should have let them keep back in 97.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm

None. ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:

Do you really believe that?

Disgusting as the practice was, slaves were worth money. There's no way anyone would use them as alligator bait.

Besides - those postcards are from the 1900s. My guess is they were designed as some sort of comedy postcard. Of course, still a reflection of how things were back then.

After reading a few articles you can see it was clear that it did actually happen, the jist I got was that they were there to lure the alligators out at which point the alligators were shot. But they were not always quick enough to shoot the alligators, its not just a made up story folks told each other to pass the time/scare the kids.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:DG, to avoid a long reply, I personally have not experienced any real racism apart from dickheads shouting shit as they drive past, the odd drunk on a night out and some stuff in school. If you want to know about institutionalised racism just Google it. I have 2 cousins that work for the Police, both have confirmed experiences of casual racism toward them from colleagues. There are numerous accounts of racism institutionalised in the armed forces. Racism in the NHS where BAME staff make up a higher number of lower level roles than white people, racism in universities regarding admissions of BAME students. You would have to be pretty naive if you think it doesn't exist everywhere.

Black people DID come to England to help rebuild after the Second World War, that is a fact. I specifically mentioned that and did not mention the building of the UK prior to the Second World War.

I don't need to know about your world DG, all I need to know is that it wasn't a patch on the difficulty, horror, abuse and torture of that which the slaves endured. The entire slavery history is one where people should rightly hang their heads in shame and those that try to belittle the impact of slavery by saying it happened years ago and that it didn't affect me are blinded by ignorance. If it didn't affect me then there would be far more black people in positions of power across the world than there are now, there would be far more wealthy black people and far more middle class black people in Britain than there are now. So asking for known slave owners/traders to have their statues removed should be a non-issue, considering what they represent.

If that's what your pinning your argument on "Slave owner statues" then we're not having the same conversation, that's not the "history of England" I'm referring to.

About Asians being racist, you think black people aren't racist?

Why is being called a n***er worse than being called a ch*nk? to try and side step the racism Chinese people get is ridiculous.

Your only argument is the slave trade, but again your talking about a 3-400 year old practice ffs, it hasn't effected you or todays gen.

If you want a taste of Western aggression to actually experience go live in Syria for a month and wait for the next Air bombing attack, go to Iraq and see the graves and blown up cities.

While black Americans are on MTV cribbs there are women and children out there dying by Western Gov'ts right now, while black people have the full backing of the Left media and organisations even in Britain Muslims are tarnished by UK media and have groups like EDL protesting and giving them abuse in their neighbourhood.

Even Dave Chappelle said that in his comedy show when he thanked Brown people for giving black people a break.

But where are the marches for people who are victims today? while you bang on about victims from 300 years ago, victims who've had marches for them regularly since the 60's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:

Do you really believe that?

Disgusting as the practice was, slaves were worth money. There's no way anyone would use them as alligator bait.

Besides - those postcards are from the 1900s. My guess is they were designed as some sort of comedy postcard. Of course, still a reflection of how things were back then.

After reading a few articles you can see it was clear that it did actually happen, the jist I got was that they were there to lure the alligators out at which point the alligators were shot. But they were not always quick enough to shoot the alligators, its not just a made up story folks told each other to pass the time/scare the kids.

If you want to lure alligators you'd use their natural prey. Raccoons, musk rats, coypu. Not little black kids.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm

How many black CEO's are there in the FTSE 100? The FTSE 250?

How may senior executives other than CEO's, even? (CFO, COO, Chairman?)

I reckon theres a good chance its 0 or near as damn it. I'll be amazed if Im wrong.

Institutional racism. Black graduates are less likely to get good jobs..... therefore less likely to become senior officers. A vicious circle of institutional racism.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 pm

If people are helping people that they know up the ladder, that's not racism.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Phil71 wrote:If people are helping people that they know up the ladder, that's not racism.

If they stop discriminating against black candidates at entry level, they might know more black people
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm

UFGN wrote:How many black CEO's are there in the FTSE 100? The FTSE 250?

How may senior executives other than CEO's, even? (CFO, COO, Chairman?)

I reckon theres a good chance its 0 or near as damn it. I'll be amazed if Im wrong.

Institutional racism. Black graduates are less likely to get good jobs..... therefore less likely to become senior officers. A vicious circle of institutional racism.

Probably the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.

Even as a none white individual I can't and will never go along with these agendas so long as they keep churning out such base, stupid questions, like you don't have a brain or something.

I can't believe you even just said that.

FTSE 100 CEO positions are not given out like Xmas presents, you may as well be asking why isn't there a black King of England.

Why aren't you a FTSE CEO? or Phil, or Rockape? ......... because the answer to that is the same answer to why there isn't a black CEO, so work it out ffs.

Its almost like UFGN expects to go to Saudi Arabia and wonders why all the top positions are held by Arabs, or if you go to China how many black CEO's are there? or Russia?

............ but funnily enough, if you go to Ghana or Nigeria, guess what you'll find there?

That's how dumb that question is, why are there no white CEO's in Nigeria, racism that's why. :doh:

I just can't anymore, the level of reasonable intelligence from the pro BLM / Antifa crowd is beyond discussion, they can't even tell the base difference between classism and racism, the answer to everything is "Cuz I'm black", crack the fk on, see where it gets you, while other minorities get on working and building for their future, BLM wants it mailed to them in the post.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If people are helping people that they know up the ladder, that's not racism.

If they stop discriminating against black candidates at entry level, they might know more black people

14% OF UK population are BAME.

11% of FTSE 100 Board Directors are BAME.

Seems near enough to me.

https://www.accountancydaily.co/11-ftse ... s-are-bame
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:02 pm

UFGN wrote:

Are you saying the UK is systemically racist? No major business is going to reject a top quality candidate over race. FFS, look at Silicon Valley....wait that is not a good example because Apple for instance has fewer than 4% minorities in executive positions. Face Book, Twitter then same. And they lecture the rest of us?

The better example to explain this to you is us the military as an example. There are no racial barriers to entry and just as many minorities and women in leadership roles per capita than whites. But then we in military circles tend to see Green Camo or Blue rather than skin colour. That or someone dies.

At some point one would think you and the rest of your ilk might be called out for being condescending towards blacks? I know that is happening here now. Real Black leaders are speaking out including old time Black Panthers. Saw a video yesterday of a white SJW chick, about 19 or so confronting police. She accuses a white officer of being racist. The black officer next to him in the line tells her that the guy's wife and kid are black. She screams that he needs to show her a picture of his family. That how how entitled and utterly superior these these clowns feel. The "poor black man" is being "saved" by an idiot kid. You may wish to reflect on that eh?
Last edited by Pat Rice in Short Shorts on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee