In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:How many black CEO's are there in the FTSE 100? The FTSE 250?

How may senior executives other than CEO's, even? (CFO, COO, Chairman?)

I reckon theres a good chance its 0 or near as damn it. I'll be amazed if Im wrong.

Institutional racism. Black graduates are less likely to get good jobs..... therefore less likely to become senior officers. A vicious circle of institutional racism.

Probably the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.

Even as a none white individual I can't and will never go along with these agendas so long as they keep churning out such base, stupid questions, like you don't have a brain or something.

I can't believe you even just said that.

FTSE 100 CEO positions are not given out like Xmas presents, you may as well be asking why isn't there a black King of England.

Why aren't you a FTSE CEO? or Phil, or Rockape? ......... because the answer to that is the same answer to why there isn't a black CEO, so work it out ffs.

Its almost like UFGN expects to go to Saudi Arabia and wonders why all the top positions are held by Arabs, or if you go to China how many black CEO's are there? or Russia?

............ but funnily enough, if you go to Ghana or Nigeria, guess what you'll find there?

That's how dumb that question is, why are there no white CEO's in Nigeria, racism that's why. :doh:

I just can't anymore, the level of reasonable intelligence from the pro BLM / Antifa crowd is beyond discussion, they can't even tell the base difference between classism and racism, the answer to everything is "Cuz I'm black", crack the fk on, see where it gets you, while other minorities get on working and building for their future, BLM wants it mailed to them in the post.

Oh my.

1. IM not a CEO because I have no business background and would be at a disadvantage because I didn't go to university

2. The approximate amount UK resident graduates who are black is aprox 6.5%

3. There is one, yes one black CEO in the FTSE 250, the St Lucian CEO of Carnival Cruise Line, which for some reason is listed in the UK

4. How many White people live in Ghana or Nigeria? How many white graduates are there?

Please engage your brain and don't just spew bullshit. And kindly STFU lumping me in with Antifa. Cheers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:17 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:How many black CEO's are there in the FTSE 100? The FTSE 250?

How may senior executives other than CEO's, even? (CFO, COO, Chairman?)

I reckon theres a good chance its 0 or near as damn it. I'll be amazed if Im wrong.

Institutional racism. Black graduates are less likely to get good jobs..... therefore less likely to become senior officers. A vicious circle of institutional racism.

Probably the dumbest post I've seen in a long time.

Even as a none white individual I can't and will never go along with these agendas so long as they keep churning out such base, stupid questions, like you don't have a brain or something.

I can't believe you even just said that.

FTSE 100 CEO positions are not given out like Xmas presents, you may as well be asking why isn't there a black King of England.

Why aren't you a FTSE CEO? or Phil, or Rockape? ......... because the answer to that is the same answer to why there isn't a black CEO, so work it out ffs.

Its almost like UFGN expects to go to Saudi Arabia and wonders why all the top positions are held by Arabs, or if you go to China how many black CEO's are there? or Russia?

............ but funnily enough, if you go to Ghana or Nigeria, guess what you'll find there?

That's how dumb that question is, why are there no white CEO's in Nigeria, racism that's why. :doh:

I just can't anymore, the level of reasonable intelligence from the pro BLM / Antifa crowd is beyond discussion, they can't even tell the base difference between classism and racism, the answer to everything is "Cuz I'm black", crack the fk on, see where it gets you, while other minorities get on working and building for their future, BLM wants it mailed to them in the post.

Oh my.

1. IM not a CEO because I have no business background and would be at a disadvantage because I didn't go to university

2. The approximate amount UK resident graduates who are black is aprox 6.5%

3. There is one, yes one black CEO in the FTSE 250, the St Lucian CEO of Carnival Cruise Line, which for some reason is listed in the UK

4. How many White people live in Ghana or Nigeria? How many white graduates are there?

Please engage your brain and don't just spew bullshit. And kindly STFU lumping me in with Antifa. Cheers

Take a gander that this website which ACCURATELY and COMPREHENSIVELY reflects Black demographics in the US. Then engage your brain and do a bit of thinking.

https://blackdemographics.com/households/middle-class/
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:20 pm

^^ Why would I do that when I am talking about the UK?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:26 pm

UFGN wrote:^^ Why would I do that when I am talking about the UK?

What, engage your brain or look at the site? :arse flag.gif: Own goal!

Because you have the same preconceived notions or worse about Blacks in the US.

Seriously look at the site. It is a testament to the fact that very few social differences occur between Black and whites economically, Business ownership, education, in terms of family structure and a whole host of other indicators. I would bet that the UK numbers are virtually the same.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockape » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If people are helping people that they know up the ladder, that's not racism.

If they stop discriminating against black candidates at entry level, they might know more black people

Interesting that you UFGN can make such a bold statement when HH has earlier agreed that like me, many if not most black people are not in the right class to meet the criteria required to ascend the ladder to to the top jobs.

Yes there is discrimination against black people, but a lot of it is classist, rather than racist.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:55 pm

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If people are helping people that they know up the ladder, that's not racism.

If they stop discriminating against black candidates at entry level, they might know more black people

Interesting that you UFGN can make such a bold statement when HH has earlier agreed that like me, many if not most black people are not in the right class to meet the criteria required to ascend the ladder to to the top jobs.

Yes there is discrimination against black people, but a lot of it is classist, rather than racist.

Yes some discrimination is classist. However we still have the issue of black people with degrees clearly underrepresented in good jobs.

Serious question. If a law were passed that said job applications had to be anonymised, do you honestly believe that black people, especially those with black sounding names, wouldn't get more interviews?

UFGN

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:49 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Yes some discrimination is classist. However we still have the issue of black people with degrees clearly underrepresented in good jobs.

Serious question. If a law were passed that said job applications had to be anonymised, do you honestly believe that black people, especially those with black sounding names, wouldn't get more interviews?

Can become a sexist argument as well, as in NZ as will be the case in many countries women are paid less for the same job that requires the same qualifications
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 am

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Some discrimination is classist?? UFGN when you talk about that level of business its not just a "job" how you describe it....... Its like an honorary knighthood given to one of their own i.e not just white, but given to Rupert lll whose father and father before him have all the wealth, contacts and business clout, bribery, 1000's of hours on the golf course dealing in favours you name it.

Yes, black people won't have a look in, but neither would I or neither would you, qualifications have little to do with it, its not a job its a position of power.

Its no more complicated than you hooking up a friend with a job, difference is their jobs pay 7 figures.

No one outside their circle gets a look in, colour or no colour.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:11 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:Genius Spurs fan joins counter-protest to "protect statues", has no idea which statues, ends up pissing on memorial for brave slain police officer that died protecting the public against a terrorist attack. Jailed for 14 days. Blames the event on 'mental health issues', and er, the 16 pints he drank beforehand.

Britain First: sending their finest to protect English culture since 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-53051096

A man has been jailed for urinating at the Westminster memorial dedicated to PC Keith Palmer.

Andrew Banks, 28, of Stansted, Essex, was photographed during Saturday's right-wing protests in London.

So he gets jailed for pissing next to a sign which the rain would naturally wash away but the people who pulled down that statue in Bristol and threw it in a river don't even get so much as a littering charge?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ution.html

.......... this is what I mean about double standards and why the "Right wing" protesters went in on the police.

Do what you've got to do but at least be consistent, the law is supposed to be impartial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53258535
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 am

Royal Gooner wrote:In other news, The UK gives the Hong Kong British nationals the right to come and get the citizenship we should have let them keep back in 97.

As an outsider with limited knowledge, doesn't the UK have a housing shortage? How will the UK handle a sudden influx of potentially 3 million people?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:55 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:43 am

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:

This is absolutely the case for Africans, heard so many stories about it, of you have an African name, the struggle can be very real
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:

Do you really believe that?

Disgusting as the practice was, slaves were worth money. There's no way anyone would use them as alligator bait.

Besides - those postcards are from the 1900s. My guess is they were designed as some sort of comedy postcard. Of course, still a reflection of how things were back then.

After reading a few articles you can see it was clear that it did actually happen, the jist I got was that they were there to lure the alligators out at which point the alligators were shot. But they were not always quick enough to shoot the alligators, its not just a made up story folks told each other to pass the time/scare the kids.

If you want to lure alligators you'd use their natural prey. Raccoons, musk rats, coypu. Not little black kids.

Nope, because the babies screams attracted the alligators. Are you trying to apply logic to a bunch of racist bastards Phil?!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:15 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.............. I'm still actually confused whether its America, England, France wherever, the only minorities moaning are black?

Do Pakistani's not experience racism, or Chinese? I know muslims certainly do, in fact I know everyone does.

Seems everyone else is busy getting on with it, but then we don't have victimhood shoved down our throats all our lives from our own community.

Where are the Pakistani, Chinese and muslim babies that were used as alligator bait by slave masters ??

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

But ... people are getting on with it :doh:

Do you really believe that?

Disgusting as the practice was, slaves were worth money. There's no way anyone would use them as alligator bait.

Besides - those postcards are from the 1900s. My guess is they were designed as some sort of comedy postcard. Of course, still a reflection of how things were back then.

After reading a few articles you can see it was clear that it did actually happen, the jist I got was that they were there to lure the alligators out at which point the alligators were shot. But they were not always quick enough to shoot the alligators, its not just a made up story folks told each other to pass the time/scare the kids.

If you want to lure alligators you'd use their natural prey. Raccoons, musk rats, coypu. Not little black kids.

Nope, because the babies screams attracted the alligators. Are you trying to apply logic to a bunch of racist bastards Phil?!!

HH, there is no real evidence that it happened.

Racism was perfectly acceptable in those days, so slave masters or whatever being racist doesn't make any difference.

My logic is that if slaves were worth a lot of money, and small mammals were worth nothing, you wouldn't use slaves as alligator bait. You'd likely piss the land owner off so much that he'd have you thrown in jail.

As I said earlier, my guess is the scene of little black kids sat by the river, and describing them as alligator bait is somehow a kind of humourous postcard.

In any case, I fail to see what any of this has to do with 2020 and how things are today.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:DG, to avoid a long reply, I personally have not experienced any real racism apart from dickheads shouting shit as they drive past, the odd drunk on a night out and some stuff in school. If you want to know about institutionalised racism just Google it. I have 2 cousins that work for the Police, both have confirmed experiences of casual racism toward them from colleagues. There are numerous accounts of racism institutionalised in the armed forces. Racism in the NHS where BAME staff make up a higher number of lower level roles than white people, racism in universities regarding admissions of BAME students. You would have to be pretty naive if you think it doesn't exist everywhere.

Black people DID come to England to help rebuild after the Second World War, that is a fact. I specifically mentioned that and did not mention the building of the UK prior to the Second World War.

I don't need to know about your world DG, all I need to know is that it wasn't a patch on the difficulty, horror, abuse and torture of that which the slaves endured. The entire slavery history is one where people should rightly hang their heads in shame and those that try to belittle the impact of slavery by saying it happened years ago and that it didn't affect me are blinded by ignorance. If it didn't affect me then there would be far more black people in positions of power across the world than there are now, there would be far more wealthy black people and far more middle class black people in Britain than there are now. So asking for known slave owners/traders to have their statues removed should be a non-issue, considering what they represent.

If that's what your pinning your argument on "Slave owner statues" then we're not having the same conversation, that's not the "history of England" I'm referring to. YES, I don't know why you went off on a tangent talking about people trying to erase history, you have shown up the petulance of your own argument DG. all people are talking about are statues, thats all I was talking about.

About Asians being racist, you think black people aren't racist? Black people are racist, but here is the point, apart from arrogant Nigerians and Ghanaians most African parents wouldn't care less who you brought home. Most West Indian parents don't give a shit about that (I am half African/half West Indian). This is based on my experiences. My experiences have showed me that generally most Asians DO CARE about who their kids bring home and if that person happens to be black then its a big no no, in the majority of cases.

Why is being called a n***er worse than being called a ch*nk? to try and side step the racism Chinese people get is ridiculous. When did I say being called any black name is worse than being called any other ? Not sure why you have brought up this point :dontknow:

Your only argument is the slave trade, but again your talking about a 3-400 year old practice ffs, it hasn't effected you or todays gen. Yes it has and if you cannot see that black people being held back for centuries has robbed us off a more dominant place in the world - in today's society, you are being deliberately ignorant. How can you possibly say that holding an ethnicity back has not affected their progress ? You have conditioning of the mind which by itself is a powerful means of preventing progress. Black people hear it all the time from black people in a position to give advice (teachers, role models, etc) - we have to work twice as hard to get the recognition white people get for doing far less. Media portrayal of black people, the narrative, highlighted recently by Raheem Sterling highlighting the headline when a young black Man City player bought a home and when a young white Man City player did the same. One wsas a negative headline, the other was a positive headline

If you want a taste of Western aggression to actually experience go live in Syria for a month and wait for the next Air bombing attack, go to Iraq and see the graves and blown up cities. How is that the same ? The justification for the atrocities in the Middle East is the so-called War on Terror. The only black people that have invaded white lands that I am aware of is Hannibal. Atrocities occur in war, what do you want me to say, again I have no idea why you have brought this up. You may as well start talking about the atrocities committed by Milosevic or Stalin.

While black Americans are on MTV cribbs there are women and children out there dying by Western Gov'ts right now, while black people have the full backing of the Left media and organisations even in Britain Muslims are tarnished by UK media and have groups like EDL protesting and giving them abuse in their neighbourhood. Yes, women and children are dying everywhere, in regimes classed as developed (like in the West) by regimes with dictators and everything in between. Thats a silly argument though, that the BLM movement/argument/discussion is somehow less valid because shit happens to other people in other places. Tell me the last few high profile killings of innocent Muslim men/women in this country. Wanna play Top Trumps - innocent blacks killed by police vs innocent muslims in this country? Don't play dumb, you know VERY WELL the reason why muslims are targeted by the media, it is extremist muslims that have created a bad environment for all clean living muslims. And the type of thing that gets the EDL's backs up are things like Rotherham Paedophole rings - white girls groomed, drugged and raped by muslim men. When were black people found guilty of shit like that ?

Even Dave Chappelle said that in his comedy show when he thanked Brown people for giving black people a break. Yes indeed, black people have endured being the attacked group for so long that we appreciate the respite. You expect me to feel sorry for them ? Who felt sorry for us ? f**k that.

But where are the marches for people who are victims today? while you bang on about victims from 300 years ago, victims who've had marches for them regularly since the 60's. When those who are the victims endure the same shit we have had to endure for the past 400 years then perhaps they will get marches, can't really compare their recent pain to our long standing long lasting pain though DG. You are talking like black people are no longer victims !!! Just because another group are taking some heat doesn't mean black people are not getting it too.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee