In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Pudpop wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I'm sorry but this is fkin hilarious, allow me to quote myself then your response and see what's not quite right here ................

You said ..........

Jedi wrote:Pick one of the three and i can expand.

I said ...............

DiamondGooner wrote:So if I want you to focus on one ............. Bill C-16, lets go with that one, what exactly am I "wrong" about.

Then you came back with .............

Jedi wrote: i asked you to pick which one you want me to expand on... but you were to impatient and apparently didn't read that part.

Since you didn't pick one, let's go with Bill C-16.

:tumbleweed:

Jedi, mate .......... don't worry it happens to the best of us. :rofll: :rofll:

Yeah Jedi came back with much more than that.

In fact he came back with a response which essentially proves you're a gullible idiot, and you haven't even bothered to rebut that, so the rest of us just have to assume that's the case since you don't want to prove Jedi wrong and show any of your sources for your (baseless) claims.

..................... go on then.

What did I actually say about Bill C-16 that Jedi proved wrong exactly? .......... because as far as I recall, I raised it and said very little about it, especially in detail.

So what did Jedi prove wrong?

We'll see who the idiot is, but I already know the answer, go look in the mirror and wave Pudop.

Go quote me on anything that I either affirmed or denied you dumb sh*t.

I'll wait.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Back to the actual subject before that pathetic interjection by Pudop.

My actual point was Far left complaints and ideologies are making their way into laws, this is one example of a law that includes gender identity and expression, binary peoples etc which are not biological conditions, the concern is by entering these into any type of law opens a can of worms of these types of people who claim they're gender fluid, one day "I'm John, the next day I'm Julie".

The bill proposes adding gender identity and gender orientation to the Canadian Human Rights Act. This means that it would become illegal under the Act to deny someone a job or discriminate against them in the workplace based on the gender they identify with or outwardly express.

If passed, the bill would also add gender identity and gender expression to the Criminal Code in two ways:

Section 718.2 is about what principles should be taken into consideration when a court imposes a sentence.
Section 718.2(a) is about how a sentence should be increased or reduced to account for any relevant aggravating or mitigating circumstances.
Section 718.2(a)(i) speaks about offences where evidence shows that action was motivated by bias, prejudice, or hate based on social groups. This list already includes race, national or ethnic origin, language, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, and sexual orientation.

2. Section 318 is about hate propaganda.

Subsection 318(4) adds gender identity and gender expression to the definition of an identifiable group for the purposes of “advocating genocide.” This legislation would protect transgender and gender non-binary peoples from being a targeted group in an act of genocide.

The House of Commons voted in favour of the bill in October. Next, it will go before the Justice Committee.

In Ontario, the Human Rights Code prohibits discrimination due to gender identity.

So the result of that is this ..............

“If he was found guilty by the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, he would have been doing something illegal but not criminal,” Cossman says. In other words, he wouldn’t go to jail."

So what the issue being raised is yes you won't go to jail, but its still illegal, its still a legal censorship on speech regarding binary people, gender fluid etc which are not malleable definitions to begin with as they are open to change as much and as often as the individual chooses.

Its all fair and well Jedi running around flag waving saying "How many people have gone to jail, none!" that is no victory when I hadn't stated otherwise.
In fact that whole list of things he stated ............ I hadn't argued or stated against to begin with, not one sentence, so what was the point of listing it exactly?

No, what you've done is "assumed" I have some sort of same belief as reactionary folk you've come across before rather than ask what I believed, again, it happens.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:42 pm

the concern is by entering these into any type of law opens a can of worms of these types of people who claim they're gender fluid, one day "I'm John, the next day I'm Julie".

No, no it doesn't. All it does is mean you can't go up to them and harass them. It's that f***ing simple, i don't see what problem you see with it. Nobody is limiting your speech in any reasonable manner. Do you think it's your right to harass the people you work with? :dontknow:

So what the issue being raised is yes you won't go to jail, but its still illegal, its still a legal censorship on speech regarding binary people, gender fluid etc which are not malleable definitions to begin with as they are open to change as much and as often as the individual chooses.

Binary is a term used for male and female. Binary as in 1 and 0, only two options, one or the other. It's literally what you believe in. Fluid means you believe gender is on a spectrum. None of this is subject to change and none of this is new and It's been established in academic circles for a while now. You just haven't heard of it and you wrongfully think it's some new fad.

It's not censorship. Everyone is still allowed to discuss these topics, state their beliefs, use whatever language they want to. EMPLOYERS are not allowed to discriminate against and harass their queer employees. It's that simple. Again, this would be tantamount to a redneck crying that he's being censored because they can't harass black people.

Its all fair and well Jedi running around flag waving saying "How many people have gone to jail, none!" that is no victory when I hadn't stated otherwise.
In fact that whole list of things he stated ............ I hadn't argued or stated against to begin with, not one sentence, so what was the point of listing it exactly?

No, what you've done is "assumed" I have some sort of same belief as reactionary folk you've come across before rather than ask what I believed, again, it happens.

Come on DG you compared extending human rights to trans people to "what the Nazis did". You absolutely f***ing are a reactionary and you've proven it time and time again in every political discussion. You are one of those people that watches "SJW destroyed by facts and logic" compilations on YouTube, i just know you are. That kind of rhetoric oozes out of you every time you speak. Your beliefs, your concerns, it's all pointing in one direction and that is too much YouTube videos.

Just admit it, you sat at home, you opened up YouTube, watched some Jordan Peterson EDUCATES liberal SJW on Bill C-16 videos and you thought it's a bigger deal than it really is.

Nobody is coming for free speech. Nobody is censoring you. Nothing changed in Canada since Bill C-16 got passed and nothing will change. Stop it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Jedi wrote:
the concern is by entering these into any type of law opens a can of worms of these types of people who claim they're gender fluid, one day "I'm John, the next day I'm Julie".

No, no it doesn't. All it does is mean you can't go up to them and harass them. It's that f***ing simple, i don't see what problem you see with it. Nobody is limiting your speech in any reasonable manner. Do you think it's your right to harass the people you work with? :dontknow:

Binary is a term used for male and female. Binary as in 1 and 0, only two options, one or the other. It's literally what you believe in. Fluid means you believe gender is on a spectrum. None of this is subject to change and none of this is new and It's been established in academic circles for a while now. You just haven't heard of it and you wrongfully think it's some new fad.

It's not censorship. Everyone is still allowed to discuss these topics, state their beliefs, use whatever language they want to. EMPLOYERS are not allowed to discriminate against and harass their queer employees. It's that simple. Again, this would be tantamount to a redneck crying that he's being censored because they can't harass black people.

Come on DG you compared extending human rights to trans people to "what the Nazis did". You absolutely f***ing are a reactionary and you've proven it time and time again in every political discussion. You are one of those people that watches "SJW destroyed by facts and logic" compilations on YouTube, i just know you are. That kind of rhetoric oozes out of you every time you speak. Your beliefs, your concerns, it's all pointing in one direction and that is too much YouTube videos.

Just admit it, you sat at home, you opened up YouTube, watched some Jordan Peterson EDUCATES liberal SJW on Bill C-16 videos and you thought it's a bigger deal than it really is.

Nobody is coming for free speech. Nobody is censoring you. Nothing changed in Canada since Bill C-16 got passed and nothing will change. Stop it.

You can keep trying to put words in my mouth and box me as "one of those" all you want, but again, quote me!

You can't quote me because I never uttered anything like that, I mentioned that bill because UFGN was insisting that Left wing policies aren't making their way into law and they are ............

I don't care what you feel is acceptable, I'm simply stating that by uttering in gender fluid, gender identity etc etc is introducing non biological terms into law that didn't even exist 100 years ago.

You saying they get protection from harassment, they are / should be protected under the same laws we all have as individuals.

Let me ask you something, without technology we would have basically Cross dressers not actual Transgender as in "post op" bits removed and hormone replacement etc because it couldn't be done, so what that means is we're now layering illegal speech with terms which are modern phenomena, one of the issues with it is because of the nature of the situation what's to stop people changing their gender preference every day and it being a legally backed status?

As I said, can of worms, one that's a "modern" privilege which Canada is introducing into law.

Your key word is about binary "Its what you believe in" this is the issue, its now law in Canada that to whatever extent people are legally obliged to take part in your "view", not your biological disposition .......... but your belief.

So I would say to UFGN who is anti religion because of homophobia, what would you say if I said you legally have to accept Catholics beliefs no matter how far fetched as they are legally protected and you can be found guilty of offence if you argue it ............. just because they believe it to be true.

Can you not see what I'm getting at here, the issue isn't about how far the law goes, this issue is your backing a persons view or self belief over reality / biological fact and making it legal, so now I legally have to accept your "chosen" status.

It might be starting out as an Employer law but there is wording in there which can easily mean this could be just the start.

You can keep blaming it on Youtube videos if it makes you feel better but that's just an easy cop out of debate.

As for comparing it to Nazis I specifically said the comparison was based on Right ideologies and Left ideologies both have the same approaches to control, one of them as the Nazi's did were to start introducing laws on speech and censorship, the Left in its full glory i.e Communism was just as bad if not worse for doing that.

We can agree to disagree, but don't state "I'm wrong" unless you can quote a statement I've made which is actually wrong.

............ if you want to move on to one of the other points, pick one.

"You're wrong on the far right being isolationists.

You're wrong to attribute every death under Communism to Communism but then not do the same thing with Capitalism."
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Bottom line is, if people can't be trusted to behave decently then ultimately legislation will follow, and legislation is rarely perfect

Again, I call out the right on their bullshit because there are soooo many problems in our country yet they obsess on:

Immigrants

Trans people (Their current flavour of the month after they lost their bitter war against gay marriage)

DG'S pet prime minister, architect of the snoopers charter brought in that legislation, which essentially turns the UK into a police state. There's been hardly a word said about it. (Presumably because it doesn't involve bashing darkies or queers.)

This is why so many of them come across as racist, homophobic arseholes
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:02 pm

My pet prime minister, the woman I bash every week? I can't stand the Robo dancing b*tch.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:My pet prime minister, the woman I bash every week? I can't stand the Robo dancing b*tch.

The one you said you were pleased was prime minister

The legislation you knew nothing about until after it happened
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pudpop » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:39 pm

I don't get 9ne part of your argument DG. What is wrong with people changing their identity everyday? What problem will that cause under that Canadian law?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:You can keep trying to put words in my mouth and box me as "one of those" all you want, but again, quote me!

You can't quote me because I never uttered anything like that, I mentioned that bill because UFGN was insisting that Left wing policies aren't making their way into law and they are ............

But i did quote you. You compared the Bill to "what the Nazis did". You 100% are "one of those". Also everything you posted since then is reactionary rhetoric including most of what I'm replying to now.

I don't care what you feel is acceptable, I'm simply stating that by uttering in gender fluid, gender identity etc etc is introducing non biological terms into law that didn't even exist 100 years ago.

I don't care what you feel is acceptable either, and especially not what you think about biology because you've demonstrated time and time again you know nothing about it. More importantly you can't grasp the basics of epistemology and that human categorization is essentially subjective bullshit.

You saying they get protection from harassment, they are / should be protected under the same laws we all have as individuals.
Didn't work with black people in the US. Protected classes are necessary in any society that isn't backwards as f**k. if you're against protected classes would you also revoke protected class status to race, religion...etc..?

Let me ask you something, without technology we would have basically Cross dressers not actual Transgender as in "post op" bits removed and hormone replacement etc because it couldn't be done, so what that means is we're now layering illegal speech with terms which are modern phenomena, one of the issues with it is because of the nature of the situation what's to stop people changing their gender preference every day and it being a legally backed status?
Never heard of this legally backed status. People can do whatever the f**k they want if that makes them happy. I personally prefer freedom for everyone. What they identify as is none of my business.

Your key word is about binary "Its what you believe in" this is the issue, its now law in Canada that to whatever extent people are legally obliged to take part in your "view", not your biological disposition .......... but your belief.
No, read again. Binary is literally what YOU believe in. Binary is a synonym for how we traditionally see sex and gender as in male and women.

So I would say to UFGN who is anti religion because of homophobia, what would you say if I said you legally have to accept Catholics beliefs no matter how far fetched as they are legally protected and you can be found guilty of offence if you argue it ............. just because they believe it to be true.
It's not a belief system. You are the one that is making truth claims about what it is and isn't to be a man or a woman. The onus is on you to prove it. You're the one with beliefs, not the other way around. Again basics of Epistemology.

Can you not see what I'm getting at here, the issue isn't about how far the law goes, this issue is your backing a persons view or self belief over reality / biological fact and making it legal, so now I legally have to accept your "chosen" status.
It's not a biological fact, you don't understand biology or what scientific truth is in general.

It might be starting out as an Employer law but there is wording in there which can easily mean this could be just the start.

No, no there isn't. The wording is exactly the same as it was before, the only change is adding four words "gender identity or expression" alongside other categorizes we mentioned. Also slippery slope fallacy.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Oh boy ........... there are very few discussion points in here because its just more of the same "put words in his mouth" BS, you say I'm "one of those" well yes maybe I am if you mean am I the sort of level headed guy that won't put up with your Far Lefty BS quasi science, then your damn right.............and I'm here all week, come at me.

Also not letting my statements sink in particularly about the Nazi bit because its convenient for your argument to not accept my point and disguise it as something else, is just poor and doesn't wash, you can cry about that all you want but I've explained it twice and will just quote myself in future so you have no victory here, we're just going around in circles because instead of asking all your doing is saying stuff like "You don't know anything about biology" .............. :doh:

Whatever, you don't know anything about biology.

Who won that argument? childish rebuttal.

So lets just skip to the actual relevant points your made.

Jedi wrote:More importantly you can't grasp the basics of epistemology and that human categorization is essentially subjective bullshit.

If your born with a d*ck your male, categorization of that base level is proved in DNA and chromosomes, end of, its science, male and female is real throughout the animal kingdom, argue till your blue in the face, you can't change reality.

Jedi wrote:Didn't work with black people in the US. Protected classes are necessary in any society that isn't backwards as f**k. if you're against protected classes would you also revoke protected class status to race, religion...etc..?

Yes I would, the problem with America was that black people DIDN'T have full rights of a white American, that was the issue, you don't need separate fkin rights in a civilized society, you only need one in a dip sh*t society that refuses to acknowledge black people as human fkin beings ............ that is an American issue, not everyone else's problem.
Black people should have the same rights as white people hence their rights would be protected equally under law.

Jedi wrote:Never heard of this legally backed status. People can do whatever the f**k they want if that makes them happy. I personally prefer freedom for everyone. What they identify as is none of my business.

But it is your business if it becomes legal to have to address someone as their preferred gender ........ which is what they're pushing for and don't try to fkin deny it either.

Jedi wrote:No, read again. Binary is literally what YOU believe in. Binary is a synonym for how we traditionally see sex and gender as in male and women.

Traditionally as in .......... you have a c*ck so your a man? that's not traditional that's reality.

Fk me I thought you had something to offer, now I can see that I'm dealing with just a typical Far lefty brainwashed fk up.

Still luv ya mate, but you better come with something better than this "What's real is what we think" bollocks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

I can't think of anything less interesting than gender issues.

Okay besides religion but still.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I can't think of anything less interesting than gender issues.

Less interesting?

Gender issues and gender determines our social, psychological, and physical lives. In fact, take out gender and sexuality, and you have nothing humanistic left. It's the de facto classification of species and pervades through all of existence including matter.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Angelito wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:I can't think of anything less interesting than gender issues.

Less interesting?

Gender issues and gender determines our social, psychological, and physical lives. In fact, take out gender and sexuality, and you have nothing humanistic left. It's the de facto classification of species and pervades through all of existence including matter.

I think he means things like people saying they are this sexual or that sexual.

“Oh, I’m pansexual...”

Oh....right..” :rolleyes:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 pm

Whats a pansexual?

Sex with pans?

Ive heard of heterosexual - straights, homosexual - gay dudes and the transsexuals - confused ones and the bisexual which fucks whatever you want
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Ach wrote:Whats a pansexual?

Sex with pans?

Ive heard of heterosexual - straights, homosexual - gay dudes and the transsexuals - confused ones and the bisexual which fucks whatever you want

All a matter of personal choice I guess.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee