In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:29 am

Dynamite wrote:RIP Internet in the EU

UKIP voted against this.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:38 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Dynamite wrote:RIP Internet in the EU

UKIP voted against this.

Why do they care? They're not in the EU after 6 months anyway
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:08 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 48146.html
Mercury Prize 2018: Lily Allen says she was 'robbed' after Wolf Alice win

Lily Allen joked that she was “robbed” after missing out on the 2018 Hyundai Mercury Prize to rock band Wolf Alice.

The pop singer was nominated for her album No Shame and was also up against artists including Arctic Monkeys, Florence & the Machine, Novelist, and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.

At the ceremony, which took place in London on 20 September, four-piece rock band Wolf Alice won the prestigious music prize for their second album Visions Of A Life.

Shortly afterwards, Allen tweeted: “Someone call 999 I’ve been robbed.”

Not sure if narcissist or just extremely insecure? Or both?

Either way, someone needs to tell her to get a grip.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:23 am

Zenith wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/mercury-prize-2018-winner-wolf-alice-lilly-allen-twitter-robbed-a8548146.html
Mercury Prize 2018: Lily Allen says she was 'robbed' after Wolf Alice win

Lily Allen joked that she was “robbed” after missing out on the 2018 Hyundai Mercury Prize to rock band Wolf Alice.

The pop singer was nominated for her album No Shame and was also up against artists including Arctic Monkeys, Florence & the Machine, Novelist, and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.

At the ceremony, which took place in London on 20 September, four-piece rock band Wolf Alice won the prestigious music prize for their second album Visions Of A Life.

Shortly afterwards, Allen tweeted: “Someone call 999 I’ve been robbed.”

Not sure if narcissist or just extremely insecure? Or both?

Either way, someone needs to tell her to get a grip.

Both, it's typical SJW behaviour. If you don't get what you want, whine and whinge about it then threaten to tell someone in authority (a bit like some spoiled schoolgirl)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:30 am

Super Jack Wilshere?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

After fvcking artists over and carrying out acts of violence which includes getting B.I.G. hit, karma finally catches up to Suge Knight.

28 years in jail, he'll be 81 by the time he gets out, if he's still alive.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:36 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45617815

The PPI insurance mis-selling scandal has turned many Britons into fraudsters, one of the UK's top bankers has claimed.

Barclays chairman John McFarlane said it was "inconceivable" that all the claims fuelling a "flat-screen television" buying spree were genuine.

"The percentage of fraudulent claims is enormous," he told the Mail on Sunday.

The Financial Conduct Authority said £32.2bn had been paid to claimants since 2011, with £353m paid in July.

But it is thought that the total cost of mis-sold payment protection insurance policies could be around £50bn, and customers can continue making claims until August 2019.

"It is almost inconceivable to think that £50bn was mis-sold," Mr McFarlane told the newspaper. "We have turned portions of Britain into fraudsters."

Let's play a game of "How many shades of bullshit can you spot"

I'll go first

1: The fraud was the mis-selling by the banks. They are the fraudsters not the victims

2: Of course the amount paid out doesn't match the amount taken in the first place. PPI payments include compound interest and compensation

3: How do you make a fraudulent PPI claim exactly? Sounds like bollocks to me. When I made my claim against, er, BARCLAYS, I gave them all my account details...and they told me what I was owed!! How is there room for fraud in that system?

Oh and....

4: Re: the cheap jibe about flat screen Tv's. Mine went towards my mortgage....which isn't with his shitty bank by the way!!!

Have I missed any?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Vereace has been bought by Michael Kors...Disgraceful.

Gianni is rolling in his grave.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm

So, that Russian chap, Ruslan Bushirov, who appeared on Russia Today to dismiss the ridiculous Novichok poisoning allegations by the British Government, has been identified as Anatoliy Chepiga - a Colonel in the Russian Military Intelligence Service!

I must say, I am surprised by this news. I thought his story of having come all the way from Moscow to have a look at the spire on Salisbury Cathedral was quite believable.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:So, that Russian chap, Ruslan Bushirov, who appeared on Russia Today to dismiss the ridiculous Novichok poisoning allegations by the British Government, has been identified as Anatoliy Chepiga - a Colonel in the Russian Military Intelligence Service!

I must say, I am surprised by this news. I thought his story of having come all the way from Moscow to have a look at the spire on Salisbury Cathedral was quite believable.

Loooool
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So, that Russian chap, Ruslan Bushirov, who appeared on Russia Today to dismiss the ridiculous Novichok poisoning allegations by the British Government, has been identified as Anatoliy Chepiga - a Colonel in the Russian Military Intelligence Service!

Loooool

Apparently he was given a medal last year by that nice Mr Putin!

So even he was fooled by him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Read that earlier.

Glad to see
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 am

Well I take issue with this statement though ..................

"The UK's highest court ruled that Ashers bakery's refusal to make a cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage was not discriminatory."

............. well it is.

Its just that some levels of discrimination are justified if it goes against your own willingness to participate in something you don't want to.

If they're happy to write "Happy birthday" or "Happy fathers day" or anything for that matter but don't want to write the Gay marriage thing then by definition you are discriminating.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:56 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Well I take issue with this statement though ..................

"The UK's highest court ruled that Ashers bakery's refusal to make a cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage was not discriminatory."

............. well it is.

Its just that some levels of discrimination are justified if it goes against your own willingness to participate in something you don't want to.

If they're happy to write "Happy birthday" or "Happy fathers day" or anything for that matter but don't want to write the Gay marriage thing then by definition you are discriminating.

It's a thin line

I actually have no issue with the ruling on the face of it. The ruling says that there is no obligation for a business to support a political cause. Like for example if a printer didn't want to print political posters they disagree with. As long as it's consistent, there's no problem

With that said, would I use Ashers Bakery if I was local to it? No I f***ing wouldn't. f**k them.

The problem is with the similar but different issue of businesses refusing services to gays because they are gay

For example a bed and breakfast, or a bakery actually making a wedding cake. That is unacceptable and must never be allowed to stand
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee