In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:30 pm

I have a real morbid curiousity, I always have and 10 years ago i would have watched it, probably even a couple of years ago, but when I saw the link yesterday I decided instantly not to watch it. Not just because I saw the sense of the advice being given not to give him any clicks or notoriety but also because I didn't want to, which may sound like the obvious opinion to have but for me it isn't. Fatherhood (probably) has resensitised me after after 10 - 15 years of watching whatever horror the internet has to offer with a real emotional detachment (I didn't look for it, but if I came across it, I would usually watch it). I never got a kick out of watching stuff like that, not at all, it literally was a genuine curiosity, can't say why, why does anyone? However the last couple of videos I saw like that (last one being that Morocco beheading video) really messed me up for a couple of days, very similar to Zedie's experience, despite seeing worse in the past. I decided then that I won't watch those sort of things again and haven't felt compelled this time.

RIP to all the victims and genuine sympathies to everyone affected. It is really awful and sad to see so many posters on 4chan considering him a hero. I really hope they are roleplaying and don't really think like that.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:Here is the lunatic's 8chan post - https://archive.fo/yxi4m

Ignore the cesspool of basement trolls in the comment section.

Zedie wrote:I got the live link sent to me this morning followed by a 6 and a half minute video of the first attack from start to finish that I've still got on my phone for some reason.

For those that haven't seen it and want to watch it, it's exactly what you'd think it is and I turned it off quite a bit into it after my conscience took over my own morbid curiosity.

What you see and hear is what you'd expect. people scared for their lives and the ones they love being shot to the ground. People sprinting for their lives and falling.

The terrorist repeatedly shooting anyone slightly moving, moving from room to room to hallway to street and back again1.

The terrorist coming back out onto the street and shooting down a woman who was running away and coming back to finish her off later as she was crying out for help.

Watch it if you want to watch it, but for me it's the last one I'll ever watch.

Its sucked any happiness I had in me today, I've been walking around f***ing gutted for all of those men women and children and how scared they must have been while this f***ing abortion of a human did all that.

Even more gutted when I've come home to my missus and 2 kids, looked at them and thought about what 49 people and their families have lost or even worse being in a situation like that and not being able to do a f***ing thing.

f**k that video and the c*** who made it.

:clap:

That is reason enough for me not to watch it. The question is are they going to try and get him on insanity like Brevik or fully go for the murder charges.

No chance, people who are insane don't plan for 2 years, don't wield weapons that efficiently etc in top of writing all that stuff on the net.

No chance of insanity at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:33 pm

I hope he gets treated like a paedophile in prison. He should, because he's lower than a paedophile

I hope the decent lads inside don't let all the hyperbole and labels cloud the simple fact that he's a dirty child murdering c***

I hope he never gets to top himself and lives to an old age fearing attack and maiming every day
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 pm

UFGN wrote:I hope he gets treated like a paedophile in prison. He should, because he's lower than a paedophile

I hope the decent lads inside don't let all the hyperbole and labels cloud the simple fact that he's a dirty child murdering c***

I hope he never gets to top himself and lives to an old age fearing attack and maiming every day

He won't.

As I said he'll receive special treatment and be separated from general population.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:It is really awful and sad to see so many posters on 4chan considering him a hero. I really hope they are roleplaying and don't really think like that.

I think you're underestimating the depravity of humans. There are definitely people who believe that crap.

As an example, back in August 2017, there were Nazis and other alt-right dipsticks chanting "Jews will not replace us!" at the Charlottesville rally. The funny thing is, I bet some of their (great-)grandfathers fought in Europe against the Nazis; I can only imagine their embarrassment of having such repulsive progeny. And it didn't help that Trump came out and said there were "very fine people on both sides."

I can't wrap my head around hating someone for the color of their skin or their culture, but then again, I'm not a soggy sock who chooses to project my faults and insecurities outward on other people instead of looking inward to better myself.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:19 pm

The only good thing I can think of to come out of this is the Daily Mail is getting exposed for the far right fan site it is

Hundreds of red arrows on messages of condolence to such an extent that people have commented specifically on it.

They're going to lose advertisers over this
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:58 pm

UFGN wrote:The only good thing I can think of to come out of this is the Daily Mail is getting exposed for the far right fan site it is

Hundreds of red arrows on messages of condolence to such an extent that people have commented specifically on it.

Do you have any links?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:The only good thing I can think of to come out of this is the Daily Mail is getting exposed for the far right fan site it is

Do you have any links?

Actually no I don't because it seems it got so bad the DM has now switched off and deleted all the comments on every article about the attack. They've actually disabled the comments completely.

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 pm

UFGN wrote:I hope he gets treated like a paedophile in prison. He should, because he's lower than a paedophile

It depends how he carries himself.

If he is genuinely strong and able to handle himself, he will be feared. If you have already cold-bloodedly murdered 50 people, and you’re never getting out, one more is not going to make a difference.

I’d suggest the only people he’d have to fear are radical Muslim prisoners. I’d guess there’s not a whole lot of those in New Zealand.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:

If he is genuinely strong and able to handle himself, he will be feared. If you have already cold-bloodedly murdered 50 people, and you’re never getting out, one more is not going to make a difference.

I’d suggest the only people he’d have to fear are radical Muslim prisoners. I’d guess there’s not a whole lot of those in New Zealand.

Someone will get him. It's just a matter of time. Besides he's not the only one in there for life

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:31 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Someone will get him. It's just a matter of time. Besides he's not the only one in there for life

Prisons are generally not full of justice heroes. If anyone does have a go at him it’ll be because of something he’s done to them personally or one of their friends, or it’ll be some idiot trying to make a name for themselves.

But Lifer and long sentence wings in high security prisons tend to be a lot quieter and more orderly than other wings. Inmates in those wings have for the most part settled down for a life inside, and primarily opt for as easy a life as they can get.

It’s the lower security, lower category wings that tend to be full of idiots who want to cause as much mayhem and disruption as they can.

Of course we do have the Maori factor in this case. I’m sure his white superiority theories might not go down too well with some of those inmates.

But those in charge of him will be extremely conscious of the fact that they are responsible for delivering him in one piece to the justice procedures he must face, and they won’t want to have to answer for anything that might stop that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Prisons are generally not full of justice heroes. If anyone does have a go at him it’ll be because of something he’s done to them personally or one of their friends, or it’ll be some idiot trying to make a name for themselves.

But Lifer and long sentence wings in high security prisons tend to be a lot quieter and more orderly than other wings. Inmates in those wings have for the most part settled down for a life inside, and primarily opt for as easy a life as they can get.

It’s the lower security, lower category wings that tend to be full of idiots who want to cause as much mayhem and disruption as they can.

Of course we do have the Maori factor in this case. I’m sure his white superiority theories might not go down too well with some of those inmates.

But those in charge of him will be extremely conscious of the fact that they are responsible for delivering him in one piece to the justice procedures he must face, and they won’t want to have to answer for anything that might stop that.

This will come down to the Maori imo.

From what I've seen their not too happy about this either, the Maori would be the ones running the prisons, if they can get to him I'd think they'd likely do something but as Va Va said he'd likely be put in solitary or with the Paedo's who are separated from the main populace.

A friend of mine had the indignity of being housed with the paedo's because he was a witness in a drug import case, they couldn't house him with the main prisoners because that's where all the other criminals in his case were.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

This will come down to the Maori imo.

From what I've seen their not too happy about this either, the Maori would be the ones running the prisons, if they can get to him I'd think they'd likely do something but as Va Va said he'd likely be put in solitary or with the Paedo's who are separated from the main populace.

A friend of mine had the indignity of being housed with the paedo's because he was a witness in a drug import case, they couldn't house him with the main prisoners because that's where all the other criminals in his case were.

When I visited New Zealand I always found the Maori really nice people but you could see that they are tough and I'm sure they would not tolerate someone trying to enforce personal white supremacy. Indeed, New Zealand was founded on the basis of two peoples becoming one nation in the Treaty of Waitangi so they certainly won't tolerate this in their prisons.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Some c*** in Holland shooting people
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Picture of the Dutch shooter.

Man seems to be taller than 5ft so Dejan is def not a suspect ........... although probably too soon for jokes?

Turkish man named Gokman Tanis apparently.

Just glad its not a mass murder like New Zealand, seems like he was shooting around erratically more than anything.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee