In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:30 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/jk-rowling-n ... s-12518482

Of course there isn't. It's OK to defame someone's character for no good reason if they don't follow the current agenda, try and get some justice, when they do something wrong, no chance. The UK gets more insane by the day, when will this nonsense stop!
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/jk-rowling-no-criminality-in-trans-activists-tweet-police-say-that-revealed-harry-potter-authors-home-address-12518482

Of course there isn't. It's OK to defame someone's character for no good reason if they don't follow the current agenda, try and get some justice, when they do something wrong, no chance. The UK gets more insane by the day, when will this nonsense stop!

It's bloody awful how that woman has been hounded by these people. And she was even investigated by the police for the things she said!

Lawrence Fox has stated recently that he wants the police to be noticeably neutral.

"Our next objective, therefore, is to de-politicise the police.

To that end, we will encouraging Police and Crime Commissioners to relieve from duty any Chief Constable that allows its officers to align themselves with a political cause. Black Lives Matter, Extinction Rebellion, Stonewall and Pride Marches all have a political element. Regardless of worthiness, the police have no place in politics. Our golden rule is this: If we do not know what Her Majesty The Queen thinks about an issue, we do not need to know what the police think about the issue. It is the role of Chief Constables to ensure that officers serve all the public without fear or favour."

I make him 100% right.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/jk-rowling-no-criminality-in-trans-activists-tweet-police-say-that-revealed-harry-potter-authors-home-address-12518482

It's bloody awful how that woman has been hounded by these people. And she was even investigated by the police for the things she said!

Lawrence Fox has stated recently that he wants the police to be noticeably neutral.

To that end, we will encouraging Police and Crime Commissioners to relieve from duty any Chief Constable that allows its officers to align themselves with a political cause. Black Lives Matter, Extinction Rebellion, Stonewall and Pride Marches all have a political element. Regardless of worthiness, the police have no place in politics. Our golden rule is this: If we do not know what Her Majesty The Queen thinks about an issue, we do not need to know what the police think about the issue. It is the role of Chief Constables to ensure that officers serve all the public without fear or favour."

I make him 100% right.

One police force painted at least one car rainbow colours. The time, effort and money spent on that yet they can't properly investigaate burglaries.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Phil71 wrote:

I make him 100% right.

Exactly true.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I make him 100% right.

One police force painted at least one car rainbow colours. The time, effort and money spent on that yet they can't properly investigaate burglaries.

That would be the Met. One rainbow coloured car isn't going to stop any knife crime.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I make him 100% right.

That would be the Met. One rainbow coloured car isn't going to stop any knife crime.

I think it was in Scotland if I recall correctly.

Either way it's ridiculous. As ridiculous as those police officers who dance with scantily clad women at the Notting Hill carnival.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:41 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I make him 100% right.

Do you think it's right that the police painted a car rainbow coloured? Personally, I think it's wrong, they should remain neutral and protect all of us.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I make him 100% right.

Do you think it's right that the police painted a car rainbow coloured? Personally, I think it's wrong, they should remain neutral and protect all of us.

It is certainly wrong, just like them dancing in "pride" parades. They are there to be neutral and treat everyone the same without fear or favour. And yet just today, the CPS has just basically ordered them to arrest people who dare to sing a traditional chant aimed at the chavs.

So focussed on word crimes rather than actual crimes.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:27 pm

Read about this chant

What is it?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:34 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:It's really not that complicated.
LMAO wrote:Big business will always follow the money. If the social environment is in favor of banning X, then businesses will ban X. Else, X will be supported by businesses.

It's like when I was growing up and conservative Christian parents all over the US clutched their pearls and tried to cancel 'satanic' stuff like Pokemon, Yugioh cards, and Harry Potter. Didn't work because those were money printing machines.

On the flip side, the Dixie Chicks got canceled/boycotted because they dared speak out against the Iraq invasion, which was a huge no-no in the country music demographic.

DG, you're showing the commie mentality you've accused others of. A capitalist would be all for doing whatever increases the bottom line the most, no questions asked even if it went against their personal beliefs.

Firstly what stance have I even made?

Secondly, that's got to be the worst attempt at a WUM I've ever seen in my life.

Did you wake up this morning and decide "I'm going to fail today" because anyone can do better than that lol.

Also you didn't answer the main question .......... we know why business or those that are politically inclined have gone the way they have but the question is at the summit, BlackRock and Gov't why are they doing it?

So if you want to contribute something useful try that one.

Don't try to play dumb now. Every time some story comes up that you perceive as woke or PC, you go on (mini)rants about it. It's like clockwork. And the fact you brought up globalism like it's a bad thing is commie thinking. Globalism is the back of the modern capitalist system. Globalism can coexist peacefully with patriotism.

Do you know what a business is? BlackRock is a business so stop trying to differentiate it as if it's this unique entity that deserves its own category. The company is in the game to make money. If investing in companies perceived as woke or PC makes them more money than not investing in companies perceived as woke or PC, then that's what BlackRock will do. That's your "end game": making money and increasing shareholder value.

What about governments? If right-wing politicians lean too far into being anti-woke/anti-PC for the sake of being anti-woke/anti-PC, then that will likely hurt them at the ballot box from center voters (if they live in an area that isn't completely dominated by the right). So, they'll lean slightly into being woke/PC or try to find a middle ground that isn't exclusionary to the point where it costs them votes/elections from either the center or the right. Many politicians care about power. And money isn't the only way to have power, there is also legislative power, and I'd imagine it's difficult to willingly give that up, so politicians will do whatever they need to in order to preserve that power.

........... and you say I rant.

WTF did you just even say?

People asked a simple and genuine question and you go on the attack like some rabid dog.

Also on the Govt side you have no idea what you're talking about, especially from a British perspective, if it was as obvious as your making out then people like Phil, 22-0 and myself wouldn't be wondering, we're not idiots.

What the Govt is doing is self harming, allowing schools to essentially become Left Wing breeding grounds and to be controlled by millitant teachers seems rather self sabotaging for a traditional Right leaning Govt.

Regardless, mind your tone, we were having a genuine discussion without agenda, just questions and you come wading in with your BS like you've got PTSD from some debate from a year ago, its ridiculous.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:26 am

Universities are the same apparently. I saw a graph - though god knows how they got the information - that most lecuturers are left wing and lefter wing.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 am

BJ is an idiot and all of those who thought it was OK to gather when the rest of us couldn't, but Cummings is an absolute %%@@@### I hope he has lots of money because I can't see anyone wanting to employ him.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am

Ach wrote:Read about this chant

What is it?

The "Chelsea rent boys" one.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:55 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso ... s-12519115
Come on Boris, really? You stood at a podium on national TV and told us we couldn't meet except for one othr person outside. You told people not to go to work unless it was unavoidable. Pubs and resaurants were closed, this is the biggest insult - he has to go.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:05 pm

A Tory MP from the Red Wall defects to Labour. Some people will do anything to stay in power, he has a small majority and obviously thinks he has a better chance as a Labour candidate. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last candidate available, I have Tory politics, but I'll change to Labour if it means you'll vote for me - no scruples. I also don't think MPs should be allowed to just defect to another party, if I vote for a certain party, I don't expect to be represented by another party before another election. They shoud have to trigger a by election then see where they are at.

Smarmy Starmer cracking the jokes, can't stand the guy.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee