In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm

I don't think the same person is likely to get stopped every time they go to college, pop down the shops etc. There will never be enough police to even get close to doing that. Its pretty clear that teenagers in groups, wearing hoodies and hanging around or moving as a group will be the aiming point. If you dress like that, then be prepared to be stopped relentlessly. Body language is pretty obvious I'd suggest, to make the targets easy to spot.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:21 pm

What a sad, sad story.

May this brave man rest in peace.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46187460
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 pm

It's against every human rights out there to stop a person and check him in random places unless there is substantial evidence against the said person.

We're compromising the freedom of many innocent people because of certain criminals and terrorists. Sadly, in this capitalistic world, it's always these innocent people that are victims, whilst high level criminals and terrorists live a life luxury and reverence.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Angelito wrote:It's against every human rights out there to stop a person and check him in random places unless there is substantial evidence against the said person.

We're compromising the freedom of many innocent people because of certain criminals and terrorists. Sadly, in this capitalistic world, it's always these innocent people that are victims, whilst high level criminals and terrorists live a life luxury and reverence.

So what do you do if a particular neighbourhood is rife with crime and the locals are begging you to do something about it?

Kids in some areas of London brazenly carry knives around, even I used to, mine was for self defence though not to use on innocent people.

I used to go to College in Southgate with a Rambo knife in my backpack.......why? because you'd have gangs of kids roaming the streets or on buses looking to rob people with knives or superior numbers.

Its one of the things I appreciated in a weird way of where I moved to after, if someone has a problem with you down here then you'd have it out fist to fist.
That didn't make it any less violent sometimes it was more violent down here with fights happening all the time but ........... at least everyone went home with a bloody lip or concussion rather than a stab wound or fkin acid burns.

............. which tbf I think people who use acid should be given life and that is kind compared to what I would do, I'd rather be stabbed than acid.
That stuff destroys peoples entire lives, how people take that so lightly in the courts etc is beyond me.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:It's against every human rights out there to stop a person and check him in random places unless there is substantial evidence against the said person.

So what do you do if a particular neighbourhood is rife with crime and the locals are begging you to do something about it?

Kids in some areas of London brazenly carry knives around, even I used to, mine was for self defence though not to use on innocent people.

I used to go to College in Southgate with a Rambo knife in my backpack.......why? because you'd have gangs of kids roaming the streets or on buses looking to rob people with knives or superior numbers.

Its one of the things I appreciated in a weird way of where I moved to after, if someone has a problem with you down here then you'd have it out fist to fist.
That didn't make it any less violent sometimes it was more violent down here with fights happening all the time but ........... at least everyone went home with a bloody lip or concussion rather than a stab wound or fkin acid burns.

............. which tbf I think people who use acid should be given life and that is kind compared to what I would do, I'd rather be stabbed than acid.

If someone used that sh*t on me their life would be irrelevant very quickly, that stuff destroys peoples entire lives, how people take that so lightly in the courts etc is beyond me.

The police already have the powers they need.

A senior officer can authorise a sweep of a particular area for opporational reasons. I've just been reading the rules. It's allowed

Do short term blitzes on small problem areas like an estate or outside a secondary school

What I don't want is for the rules to be relaxed so that being black and poor basically means you have less rights than other people. Which is what it would lead to

Then start actually putting people in prison for many years instead of months for using a knife or acid

More generally we have to look at the situation with prisons and criminal records. This nonsense that prisons are holiday camps has been allowed to become an accepted truth.... the result being that people aren't having sensible conversations about prisons and punishment

Yes prisons should be tough but tough in the right way. Tough discipline. Hard work.

But living in a cockroach infested hellhole and being denied a shower, that is just unacceptable.

Also difficult decisions need to be made about criminal records and disclosure of offences. I want less crime. They means we need to stop making it hard for prison leavers to get a job.

Unless the job involves kids or vulnerable people, there should be stricter controls over which employers are allowed to ask about convictions. The starting point needs to be not to ask at all.

Finally, more prisons need to be built and they need to be staffed properly. That means spending serious money.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I work in security. Place I used to work at had me and other security searching everyone who came in and the amount of knives we found was ridiculous. It's a family place so there's no need to have knives.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Ach wrote:I work in security. Place I used to work at had me and other security searching everyone who came in and the amount of knives we found was ridiculous. It's a family place so there's no need to have knives.

What did you do when you found knives on people?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm

We don't have the right to arrest them as we're not the police but we can take the knives off them.

Most are pen knives, Swiss army knives which aren't illegal to carry so we give them back once they finish and leave but if it's a knife longer than 3 inches then it's gone for good.

Some argue saying it's legal where they come from. USA or Germany more often than not and that's fine but here its not.

If they continue to cause a scene then we can call in the cops
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:42 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/46372511

FFS it's his daughter, they will make a story out of anything nowadays
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:08 am

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/27/syrian-r ... FMIm_VVQZk

The c*** kid has since been arrested and I think expelled and hopefully being ready for execution
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 pm

George Bush's service dog. Loyal to the end.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm

An example of how statistics can be bollocks

Wrap your brain round these employment figures from BBC news today

The number of people in work rose by 79,000 to 32.48 million, a record high.

That is the highest figure since records began in 1971.

Unemployment increased by 20,000 to 1.38 million, although the margin of error is 70,000 and the total is still lower than a year ago

U Wot M9?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Dynamite » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Shooting in Strasbourg near the Christmas market at least one dead, 10 wounded and gunman at large
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46530265
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Dynamite » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Two dead, eleven wounded

Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:14 am

This is appalling and wrong. The woman clearly wouldn't have had sex with the officer if she had known who he was

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46570224

Sinister, chilling and morally corrupt

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee