In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 am

Is anyone shocked anymore.....the second one in Texas in a month I believe!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:35 am

Mugabe dead.

Hopefully he died writhing in pain.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:05 am

Phil71 wrote:Mugabe dead.

Hopefully he died writhing in pain.

Here's hoping. Look at what he did to Rhodesia. Bread basket of Africa with the highest standard of living to a basket case with hyperinflation and poverty everywhere.

Just goes to show what happens when you give power to people who aren't ready for it.

Today, we are all Rhodesians!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:36 am

Rockape wrote:Is anyone shocked anymore.....the second one in Texas in a month I believe!

Its almost like their making a mockery of the NRA and pro gun Gov't stance.

"Mo gunz, make everything better"

America is completely morally bankrupt so not really much to say on the matter, if they're happy to see their kids etc getting blown to bits then more power to them.

Its a recipe for disaster anyway, their Private Medical establishments put everyone on medication even when that's not the answer, pump them full of drugs like a drug dealer for cash then give them access to guns on top of that ............ what's the worst that could happen?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:23 pm

We're going to take a short break from the usual lefties are crazy narrative on here to bring you some right-wing dumbfuckery:
https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-laura-ingraham-drinks-steak-impaled-with-lightbulbs-and-plastic-straws-to-own-the-libs/

Uhh...wut?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 pm

↑ It's painfully absent of conviction which further adds to the overall embarrassment.

Unless archetypal botox faux-blonde over here is into BDSM, she's not having a very good day.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby LMAO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ It's painfully absent of conviction which further adds to the overall embarrassment.

Unless archetypical botox faux-blonde over here is into BDSM, she's not having a very good day.

As Upton Sinclair famously remarked: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

I want to believe Fox 'News' anchors and their ilk don't actually believe half the crap they spew and simply gave up their humanity in pursuit of the almighty dollar, but I can't shake the feeling that they've peddled psuedoscientic bullshit for so long that they can no longer distinguish fact from fiction.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm

LMAO wrote:
Zenith wrote:↑ It's painfully absent of conviction which further adds to the overall embarrassment.

Unless archetypal botox faux-blonde over here is into BDSM, she's not having a very good day.

As Upton Sinclair famously remarked: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

I want to believe Fox 'News' anchors and their ilk don't actually believe half the crap they spew and simply gave up their humanity in pursuit of the almighty dollar, but I can't shake the feeling that they've peddled psuedoscientic bullshit for so long that they can no longer distinguish fact from fiction.

Well, I don't believe a principled left, central-left or centrist would endure having a career that almost exclusively revolves on pedaling right wing propaganda from a teleprompter in front of millions of viewers.

Then again, if the payroll is good, which I'm sure it is, I do take your point that it might just about be manageable for the less self-respecting non-right wing individual.

Additionally:

"It's a meal that will trigger all the right..."

*Pauses, throws hands up in the air*

"... I mean all the left people."

Make of that what what you will. :rofll:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Quality journalism is dying a death.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:39 am

UFGN wrote:Quality journalism is dying a death.

Have you noticed ever since Facebooks algorythm showed everyone that agitation gains click bait that all these sad wnkers do is just that.

Honestly I could make a very popular show on Youtube if I was into that sort of thing, it'd be so easy.

People are really that easy to figure out, say something outrageous or just have a strong opinion and they come running like flys to sh*t.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Have you noticed ever since Facebooks algorythm showed everyone that agitation gains click bait that all these sad wnkers do is just that.

Honestly I could make a very popular show on Youtube if I was into that sort of thing, it'd be so easy.

People are really that easy to figure out, say something outrageous or just have a strong opinion and they come running like flys to sh*t.

Sometimes the opinions are representative of truths that society finds difficult to confront head on (for a number of reasons). Often the internet is the only place to discuss them... but even that is under attack, unfortunately.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Sometimes the opinions are representative of truths that society finds difficult to confront head on (for a number of reasons). Often the internet is the only place to discuss them... but even that is under attack, unfortunately.

Its true but in declaring peoples thoughts instead of in person people have become polarized because its easy to spout BS or outlandish crap from behind a PC screen than it is to say it in front of people.

I think peoples ideas are tempered to a more norm when you have to rationalise what your saying to someone to their face, unfortnately what happens on the internet is people crowd together in areas of exculsive validaty rather than where they would be challenged in real world terms ........... that is what is causing extremism, when you live in a bubble of other people re-affirming your extreme stances.

Its why after Nazi Germany, Germans were ashamed and couldn't believe what their country had done when they had lost the war and their insulated bubble of propaganda had been burst and they had to explain their actions to the world at large.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 am

Zenith wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Well, I don't believe a principled left, central-left or centrist would endure having a career that almost exclusively revolves on pedaling right wing propaganda from a teleprompter in front of millions of viewers.

Then again, if the payroll is good, which I'm sure it is, I do take your point that it might just about be manageable for the less self-respecting non-right wing individual.

Additionally:

"It's a meal that will trigger all the right..."

*Pauses, throws hands up in the air*

"... I mean all the left people."

Make of that what what you will. :rofll:

I agree with you about any left of center-right not taking on a role like that. That's why I said I want to believe, even though I know it's most likely not true. Shepard Smith is probably the most (and maybe the only) anchor/journalist with a shred of integrity on Fox 'News'; I guess they need him in order to appear to have a semblance of neutrality.

Take the one in question, Laura Ingraham. In college, she was editor-in-chief for her college's newspaper team. And how did she use her platform? To out closeted gay students. She's always been a bigot of one form or another, unable to accept diversity.

She may have gone to an elite school, but I've learned from college and in the real world that the school on your degree doesn't automatically make you intelligent.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:46 pm

I think this guy is claiming black heritage based on his ancestors having come from Africa 50,000 years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-496361 ... mixed-race
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 am

Thomas Cook has collapsed.

All holidays booked have been cancelled. All people who are currently abroad on Thomas Cook holidays will have to be rescued.

And 20,000 people out of work.

Very sad all round.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee