General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:04 am

lol DG stop overrating your shit ass outdated monarchy like your country would fall apart without them.

Finland
Singapore
Switzerland
Germany
Austria
Iceland
Ireland

All pretty decent places from my knowledge. Half tempted to include New Zealand, Canada, and Australia too even though Liz is technically their head of state, but they could bin the monarch and continue on just fine.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:07 am

LMAO wrote:lol DG stop overrating your shit ass outdated monarchy like your country would fall apart without them.

Finland
Singapore
Switzerland
Germany
Austria
Iceland
Ireland

All pretty decent places from my knowledge. Half tempted to include New Zealand, Canada, and Australia too even though Liz is technically their head of state, but they could bin the monarch and continue on just fine.

NZ has it's own royals we have a Kingitanga
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:22 am

VCC wrote:
LMAO wrote:lol DG stop overrating your shit ass outdated monarchy like your country would fall apart without them.

Finland
Singapore
Switzerland
Germany
Austria
Iceland
Ireland

NZ has it's own royals we have a Kingitanga

Interesting. I've never heard of that. A lot of our Native American tribes in the US have a watered down chief role. And in both of our instances, at least they're elected positions and not hereditary.

And fun fact, George III wasn't the last monarch the US overthrew for its territory. That distinction goes to Queen Liliʻuokalani of Hawaii in 1893.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:24 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:You can’t call yourself a free, modern country and go around curtsying to people based on birthright.

Of course you can.

........... because your free not to "curtsy".

You should study up on what "modern" countries look like when they get rid of the royal family.

Name me a country with no Royal family which has a good non-corrupt system?

You'll struggle.

So you’re suggesting the royal family is keeping Great Britain from being corrupt? I can literally name you a dozen instances of major corruption from Barings bank to BP.
Last edited by swipe right on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:52 am

Quality insulting post there.....I wouldn’t bother replying to, DG. If you can’t debate without insulting.....hopefully the mods will sort!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 am

Rockape wrote:Quality insulting post there.....I wouldn’t bother replying to, DG. If you can’t debate without insulting.....hopefully the mods will sort!

Edited in order to unruffle your feathers my little snowflake
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 pm

swipe right wrote:
Rockape wrote:Quality insulting post there.....I wouldn’t bother replying to, DG. If you can’t debate without insulting.....hopefully the mods will sort!

Far from it....but we're all on the same side here, so just insulting people for no reason drags the place down. It just wasn't necessary!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm

What did I miss?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

What did I miss?

Can't recall exactly.

Let's just say it was a bit keyboard warrior. I think he called you a f***ing idiot.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:51 pm

swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:You can’t call yourself a free, modern country and go around curtsying to people based on birthright.

Of course you can.

........... because your free not to "curtsy".

You should study up on what "modern" countries look like when they get rid of the royal family.

Name me a country with no Royal family which has a good non-corrupt system?

You'll struggle.

So you’re suggesting the royal family is keeping Great Britain from being corrupt? I can literally name you a dozen instances of major corruption from Barings bank to BP.

I don't know what you edited but feel free to say what you want cause I'll just turn you over like the clown you are regardless.

As to the subject, historically, the Royal Family has acted as a counter weight to Parliament the same way Parliament became the counter weight to the Royals.

I'm not saying it eradicates corruption, I'm saying there are limits to how corrupt Parliament or a Prime Minister can become because the threat of side lining Parliament and re-installing the Royal family is reality.

In America political parties are lobbied and funded to the hilt by private companies, that's illegal in the UK.

There are certain constitutional rules that were established between Parliament and the Royal's when it was agreed that we would become a constitutional monarchy.

This is not a game of opinions, mine or your's, that is a fact.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What did I miss?

Can't recall exactly.

Let's just say it was a bit keyboard warrior. I think he called you a f***ing idiot.

He's only parroting what he hears his mother calling him everyday ........... these things rub off on our kids unfortunately.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Finland
Singapore
Switzerland
Germany
Austria
Iceland
Ireland

............. urhhm (bolded).

lol.

Do I need to say more?

Ireland as well had a Government in Sinn Fien which was aligned with a terrorist organisation ffs.

Keep going, also I said "you'd struggle" I didn't say there were zero examples.

Regardless, its what we choose that matters, just because America one of the most corrupt Gov'ts on earth for a Western country doesn't have a monarchy, if England chooses to have one that's our business.

This strange obsession Americans now have of trying to force their collapsing society on everyone else is bizzare, why do you care if we have a monarchy or not?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:07 pm

............ anyway.

I actually came in here to say I have a bit of a dilemma in my garden.

There's what I asume is a fox that has buried an entrance under my shed.

How do I get him out? I want to fill in the entrance but it might kill the thing, unless he re-digs himself out again.

To be fair I don't want a rotting fox corpse under my shed really anyway tbf and I'd rather not kill him if it can be helped.

............. any suggestions, I've named the critter "Swipe Left".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............ anyway.

I actually came in here to say I have a bit of a dilemma in my garden.

There's what I asume is a fox that has buried an entrance under my shed.

How do I get him out? I want to fill in the entrance but it might kill the thing, unless he re-digs himself out again.

To be fair I don't want a rotting fox corpse under my shed really anyway tbf and I'd rather not kill him if it can be helped.

............. any suggestions, I've named the critter "Swipe Left".

Piss into a bottle and go and pour it down the hole.

Seriously. He'll get your scent as an apex predator and f**k off.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What did I miss?

Can't recall exactly.

He's only parroting what he hears his mother calling him every day........... these things rub off on our kids, unfortunately.

Classic response :rofll: :rofll: :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee