General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Emeryates wrote:
LMAO wrote:https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1573626#p1573626

Shame. His humour always did annoy some people who are mods.

Had nothing to do with his humor.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:37 pm

He had humour?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Emeryates wrote:
LMAO wrote:https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1573626#p1573626

Shame. His humour always did annoy some people who are mods.

You mean the guy who you, GoonerAlexis, before one of your many bans, called him the "the king of trolling", asking for him to get banned?

GoonerAlexandre wrote:a) Cripps is back, yaaay ffs

b) Mods backing up a ban are less reliable than football owners giving a vote of confidence lola

GoonerAlexandre wrote:BIG17 RETURN NEEDED, BAN CRIPPS

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Petition to ban Cripps during every transfer window. All in favour, quote this :)

GoonerAlexandre wrote:And this is why Cripps is the king of trolling and no one else can replace him

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Can I mortally abuse Cripps? How long a ban is it for it? Willing to take a week or month off at the moment -_-

+ Dozens, if not hundreds other posts where you try to counter-troll him.

The other day you falsely accused the mods of banning you for praising Pep and now you're doing it with re: Cripps/Ach.

Stop being an obnoxious, snide, attention-seeking instigator for once. You're lucky we even bothered to give you another chance.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Cant wait for cripps to be back tbf

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Why is WH Smith so unspeakably shit?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Emeryates wrote:Anyone know where Cripps is nowadays? Best member on the site and doesn't seem to post anymore. He okay?

How much did he pay you to say that :lol:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:18 pm

UFGN wrote:Didnt want to mention it until it was certain...

Ive been given a perm contract at work. Off the agency's books and into the company proper.
Had an interview for it two weeks ago. Big pay rise, pension, full benefits, the lot.

Its a major relief TBH!! No fun at all being a temp during a recession. Bloody hell I must admit Ive been lucky!

Ten years ago

Yikes

Still there as well in the same job. Unambitious and unmotivated or hardworking and steady? You decide.... not even sure which is true myself tbh

Its not really a very challenging job but its well paid and with a decent pension and perks. Its the kind of job that kinda locks you in

Oh well work is work
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 pm

UFGN wrote:
UFGN wrote:Didnt want to mention it until it was certain...

Ive been given a perm contract at work. Off the agency's books and into the company proper.
Had an interview for it two weeks ago. Big pay rise, pension, full benefits, the lot.

Its a major relief TBH!! No fun at all being a temp during a recession. Bloody hell I must admit Ive been lucky!

Ten years ago

Yikes

Still there as well in the same job. Unambitious and unmotivated or hardworking and steady? You decide.... not even sure which is true myself tbh

Its not really a very challenging job but its well paid and with a decent pension and perks. Its the kind of job that kinda locks you in

Oh well work is work

Congrats on your anniversary! I hit a big milestone not too long ago too, feels weird to equate all those years against the memories of actually being there.

I'm thinking of moving though, the place has changed and the liberties grow. I've reached the point where the bad outweighs the good and I'm planning on going to a place that head hunted me previously.

Theres loads of jobs out there honestly. If you've held the job for 10 years, employers will die for that sort of experience.

Why not go for a few interviews? Youd be amazed at how much more you could earn especially if you dont care about the outcome and know you can turn it down if you get it.

At a minimum itll be good practice at max, there might be a place that is even better than where you are, for more even more money but doing the same or less than what you do now.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Do some interviews ufgn ya lazy bastard

Growth only happends when you step out of the comfort zone

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Dejan wrote:Do some interviews ufgn ya lazy bastard

And that's exactly when you can surprise yourself.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:22 pm

The grass isn’t always greener.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Phil71 wrote:The grass isn’t always greener.
This is my experience too
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 am

But you dont know what colour the grass has if you dont inspect
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Dejan wrote:Do some interviews ufgn ya lazy bastard

Well he's not lazy ........ he has a job.

The issue is how much change do you want, are you that ambitious that you want to divert your time outside of work back into work.

Because that's what moving to a new setting does, learn the ropes, prove yourself all over again .......... so it comes down to, for what?

If you need more money then damn straight, if you don't and you have secure employment then what are you risking it for?

I made the jump because of those things, I was in a job for 6 years, realised I had reached the max of the money they could pay me and there was no way up unless it was management, I tried Team leader which was bit hybrid half management half worker role but I didn't want admin and management, meetings and doing the books.

So I left and got more money, then left there and got more at the place I'm at now and bought my house within the first 2 years of me working there ........... but it wasn't easy, you have to work hard and smart to do what I do and its still not easy to this day, but I am glad I did it and have about 12k a year more per annum than the job I left.

I sometimes think about moving as I've been here 5 years now, but again, what for and why, yes I may be able to squeeze another 3-5k per annum by moving ........... but it maybe worse, I may not get that and the job might be hell.

What I do know is I don't want to be on less money than I'm on, that's going backward and I can squeeze some more money out of where I am now if I work a bit harder so ................

Not worth moving for me at this time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm

There's always a second chance in life ;)
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee