General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Dejan wrote:Jesus christ we signed PIERRE and i see this. Are you guys on your period ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Amen to that.

I'm as happy being an Arsenal fan right now as I can remember.

Look at what we just did to Everton and the football we played, now add that to the many eves of enjoyment we have to come from watching great football and people are sad???

Try supporting West Brom ffs, some of you guys would be reaching for rope.

Its very easy if people are having a rough time in life to blame the forum, people take out their BS on those closest to them or those they spend "time" with, fact is right now being an AFC fan is about as good as it gets bar where we are in the table.

If certain members irritate you then put them on ignore right?

Honestly I think the issue is people just get fed up of certain others opinions and they need a break, well fine, if people disagreeing with you is stressing you out then what can you do??

Have a break, have a Kit-Kat, maybe come back when your centred again.

What's the alternative ............... have an opinion-less forum? censorship?

Do you think other forums do that? do you think other forums don't have Trolls and varied opinions? ........... as an ex member of Arsenal Mania I can tell you they're all the same.

.............. unless you want to do what AM does and have a 2 tiered membership instead of banning people?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:Jesus christ we signed PIERRE and i see this. Are you guys on your period ?

Amen to that.

I'm as happy being an Arsenal fan right now as I can remember.

Look at what we just did to Everton and the football we played, now add that to the many eves of enjoyment we have to come from watching great football and people are sad???

Try supporting West Brom ffs, some of you guys would be reaching for rope.

Its very easy if people are having a rough time in life to blame the forum, people take out their BS on those closest to them or those they spend "time" with, fact is right now being an AFC fan is about as good as it gets bar where we are in the table.

If certain members irritate you then put them on ignore right?

Honestly I think the issue is people just get fed up of certain others opinions and they need a break, well fine, if people disagreeing with you is stressing you out then what can you do??

Have a break, have a Kit-Kat, maybe come back when your centred again.

What's the alternative ............... have an opinion-less forum? censorship?

Do you think other forums do that? do you think other forums don't have Trolls and varied opinions? ........... as an ex member of Arsenal Mania I can tell you they're all the same.

.............. unless you want to do what AM does and have a 2 tiered membership instead of banning people?

Its not about opinions. It's about clowns / idiots / trolls who post relentless bullshit and nothing is done about it

Nothing is ever done.

Boring.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 pm

UFGN wrote:
Its not about opinions. It's about clowns / idiots / trolls who post relentless bullshit and nothing is done about it

Nothing is ever done.

Boring.

Then either two tiered membership like A-M or put them on ignore.

You do know that's why A-M has such a big membership right? they keep the Andrew's of the world but just lock them away in the Lobby lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:50 pm

How anyone could spend more than 5 minutes on that site with that horrific layout and constant messages to disable Adblock is beyond me
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:32 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:How anyone could spend more than 5 minutes on that site with that horrific layout and constant messages to disable Adblock is beyond me

Your just worried that you'd be the first one put in the lobby. :grin:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:How anyone could spend more than 5 minutes on that site with that horrific layout and constant messages to disable Adblock is beyond me

Your just worried that you'd be the first one put in the lobby. :grin:

Yeah, I can't post on that forum at all, because I don't like tiered membership. You make friends on one tier and then you suddenly get promoted and can't talk to them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:37 pm

I am so sick of hearing "The forum isn't like it used to be". The level of moderation has stayed the same throughout the years.

The club has changed, the posters opinions have changed. That is not the forums fault. The forum is made up and runs how it does because of all the members and their posts. I've said it before, your input is what makes the forum. Make new threads, different discussions, some debates etc. Times change, the club has changed and members opinions on Wenger have changed.

So please stop blaming it on the forum!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 pm

Trina wrote:I am so sick of hearing "The forum isn't like it used to be". The level of moderation has stayed the same throughout the years.

The club has changed, the posters opinions have changed. That is not the forums fault. The forum is made up and runs how it does because of all the members and their posts. I've said it before, your input is what makes the forum. Make new threads, different discussions, some debates etc. Times change, the club has changed and members opinions on Wenger have changed.

The forum is not moderated in the same way it used to be Trina.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 pm

Trina wrote:I am so sick of hearing "The forum isn't like it used to be". The level of moderation has stayed the same throughout the years.

The club has changed, the posters opinions have changed. That is not the forums fault. The forum is made up and runs how it does because of all the members and their posts. I've said it before, your input is what makes the forum
. Make new threads, different discussions, some debates etc. Times change, the club has changed and members opinions on Wenger have changed.

This is exactly what I said.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Trina says it better tbh

Think the forum should take a heel turn and be pro Wenger
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Agreed.

UFGN the forum even went through that spell of banning quite a few people Salt & Wenger, Propa Nutcase, etc

How many more do you want them to ban? as I said the only alternative is two tiered posters or ignore.

What else is there to do?

Tbh I can't see much of a problem, match day threads are way less vitriolic than they were 6-8 months ago where every match game people were tearing lumps out of each other on here.

Wenger Inn vs Wenger out has been dead for over a year now bar the one lone wolf Wenger Inn fan which really doesn't effect anything anymore its so minimal.

We've just got some great new players in, divisive players have been sold ............ I'm not seeing where the issues are?

Massa said he left because people weren't appreciating Ramsey ......... but 3/4 of the forum are praising Ramsey atm so again wtf? the forum can't be held accountable for personal issues.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 pm

7th year on the forum and i don't see any major changes in the way the forum is run, even when i wasn't a mod to the scenario now. Forget Arsenal forums visit the most popular United forum and there is free for all with Jose in/Jose out, Defensive tactics/offensive tactics, posters being divided right down the middle when it comes to certain players like Lukaku, Mata etc. The state of the club and the way it is run gets reflected in the nature of debates across a football forum. Nobody can hang around forever on a football forum as there are plenty of things which demand our attention at various stages of our life.

Nobody can say with conviction they will hang around till a certain period of time so i always have felt it is our lives outside a football forum which dictate whether we stay active or not. This forum does not impose adblock deactivation on users although i feel users should voluntarily deactivate adblock on GW. Some people may find moderation on this forum too strict while some people may find it too liberal with a myriad of view points in between. Everyone cannot be pleased and effort has always been made to facilitate discussion in a civil manner as far as possible.

Several posters have left and in my opinion large majority have left because of personal commitments in their life outside football and not because of how the forum is run or the kind of debate that takes place here. The forum is the same it was when i joined, the only thing that has changed is the way the club has moved on from fighting for PL title to now falling out of top 4. Backlash and frustration is going to be evident. However i agree with DG that things have actually been a lot more civil and constructive debates have increased in number especially in 2018. Wenger in or out does not seem so vociferous. Yes this is internet and people are opinionated and sometimes a bit too strongly but the mod team has always tried to encourage debates and not stifle them. For me GW is the best place on the web to discuss anything Arsenal related and hopefully anyone who buys it will keep the legacy going.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Lol

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm

I was here in 2011 for a few months with the "old guard"

and since 2014 til now,

Pretty much the same.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Mesüt wrote:anybody using the new app circle?

can make a shitload of free money off it by just sending money back n forth between ur mates. every new person you invite to sign up gets £5 and so do you when they send you £25. Then you just send it back and everyone's a winner.

Made £40 just today

My mate just told me today about the £700 's worth of bitcoins he bought .......... 2 years ago.

£26,400 today.

Seriously in this age of apps and made up currency any fkin d*ckhead can make a buck.

I should be player hating but I'm really not, I think its fkin hilarious that the bankers are in absolute dissary, not knowing how to keep up with every new scheme which is making money from nowhere.

Basically ........... they just copied those tw*ts, as soon as the banks decided the game was so sewn up they didn't even need to redeem cash in gold, they basically invented worthless paper .......... now its come back to bite them in the arse.

Thing is, that was the moment of investing, your friend took great advantage. It will probably crash now, hope your friend's cashed out, or does so soon. Not likely to get a higher profit than this, but the collapse could be severe

Some Finance guy who is friend of his told him to keep it in there.

Have I got this right that the only way you can withdraw Bitcoin into cash is to sell it to another person? is there any other way to go from owning a Bitcoin to turning it into money?

And it's crashing down. Been clear for a while.

I think you can sell it on some sites.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee