General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Callum wrote:I fell down the stairs once.

You should have placed some cardboard boxes at the bottom to cushion your fall.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:44 pm

UFGN wrote:
Dejan wrote:Went skydiving yesterday. Sickest shit ive ever done holy shit balls

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

How much did it cost?
270 euros for the "extreme" jump (13000ft). A normal jump from 9000ft was about 200 i believe.

Still cant believe it honestly. Im planning to get my skydive license asap so im allowed to do solo jumps

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Dejan wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Dejan wrote:Went skydiving yesterday. Sickest shit ive ever done holy shit balls

How much did it cost?
270 euros for the "extreme" jump (13000ft). A normal jump from 9000ft was about 200 i believe.

Still cant believe it honestly. Im planning to get my skydive license asap so im allowed to do solo jumps

Sounds good go for it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Never sky dived.

I've done a static line parachute jump.
Looks cool too!

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Ive been in a light aircraft (a real peice of shit five seater, absolutely terrifying)

A helecopter

And a hot air baloon (very weird experience)

Id like to try hang gliding
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Fenice » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 pm

I’m not about being that high up without being surrounded by metal and safety. And even then I don’t like it.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:43 pm

I really need to parachute at least once in my life however ............

My biggest fear is if the parachute doesn't open and I plummet to my death I will feel like the biggest idiot jumping out of a perfectly good Airplane .......... and I don't need to be feeling that way just before I die lol.

I hate flying as well, I used to love flying when I was young and thought "What's the worst that can happen, Indiana Jones lands his planes in crashes" then when I was older I look up real life crashes, zero survivors, took the joy of flying right out of me.

Now I see flying like a car having a mechanical breakdown but you can't just flick on the hazard lights and pull over.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Spot on with the last bit.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I really need to parachute at least once in my life however ............

My biggest fear is if the parachute doesn't open and I plummet to my death I will feel like the biggest idiot jumping out of a perfectly good Airplane .......... and I don't need to be feeling that way just before I die lol.

I hate flying as well, I used to love flying when I was young and thought "What's the worst that can happen, Indiana Jones lands his planes in crashes" then when I was older I look up real life crashes, zero survivors, took the joy of flying right out of me.

Now I see flying like a car having a mechanical breakdown but you can't just flick on the hazard lights and pull over.

Suck it up Dennis! ;)

Ironically I'm sure more people die in cars every year. Ha!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:52 pm

StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I really need to parachute at least once in my life however ............

Suck it up Dennis! ;)

Do the ratio though.

When a car fks up 1 maybe 2 people die, when a plane fks up 200+ people die.

Also how many cars are there on the road compared to planes in the sky? then do the ratio.

Cars may still come out more but I a lot of what a car does is in your own control and if your not in motorways a lot (like me) then I fail to see how a collision at 30 mph is going to kill me.

Take my chances with the car thanks.

I do fly by the way just don't like it anymore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Suck it up Dennis! ;)

Do the ratio though.

When a car fks up 1 maybe 2 people die, when a plane fks up 200+ people die.

Also how many cars are there on the road compared to planes in the sky? then do the ratio.

Cars may still come out more but I a lot of what a car does is in your own control and if your not in motorways a lot (like me) then I fail to see how a collision at 30 mph is going to kill me.

Take my chances with the car thanks.

I do fly by the way just don't like it anymore.

yea I know that is all obvious, but just pointing out the irony of it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:12 pm

I've been on a zip line which was scary enough but always wanted to try sky diving.

Bungee jumping is a big no though
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Dont let fear control you my man

Go for it

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Dejan wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Never sky dived.

I've done a static line parachute jump.
Looks cool too!

I did my training to jump out of a bigger aircraft from a standing position - pretty much like you see the military do. But when it came to doing the jump the wind was bad so we had to leave it and come back when the weather was better. Anyway, me and a mate went back to the airfield on a nice day a few weeks later. We got kitted out and went out to the runway. There waiting for us was a Cessna. It was modified so that there was no door on the passenger side, and a step was fitted outside the aircraft under that door. So when we got up to 3,500ft I had to step outside the aircraft whilst holding on to the strut under the wing. Then you just let go.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Dejan wrote:

Dont let fear control you my man

Go for it

Believe me I'm too stupid to let fear control me, that's been half my problem in life lol.

I'm just saying I'm also a bit of a control freak and don't like the idea of a chute not going off which is out of my control ........... but that is hard countered by my risk taking adrenaline junkie side of me.

I'm a bit of a paradox like that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee